Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 224571 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #1675 on: September 20, 2023, 03:11:02 pm »
Glad to finally have you on board.  Most of us here have been saying exactly that for over a year and a half.

:thumbsup:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1676 on: September 20, 2023, 03:14:38 pm »
Please stay on topic and stop the personal insults..

:thumbsup: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1677 on: September 20, 2023, 03:35:04 pm »
Oh, they've been moved.  Zelenskyy is corrupt, dontcha know, solely on the word of Putin's supporters.  No need for evidence.

@Kamaji

HEY!

If  you can't trust Putin,his supporters,and the surrender monkey's,who CAN you trust?

Git wid da program,bubba!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1678 on: September 20, 2023, 03:43:13 pm »
Zelensky may be corrupt. That doesn't change the fact that naked aggression by Russia in Europe must be opposed.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #1679 on: September 20, 2023, 03:47:49 pm »
Exactly!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1680 on: September 20, 2023, 03:51:28 pm »
Zelensky may be corrupt. That doesn't change the fact that naked aggression by Russia in Europe must be opposed.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Also,the question of "Who is most dangerous to world peace,both now and in the future,Zelensky and Ukraine,or Putin and the USSR?" MUST be asked  and answered.

Anything we can  do short of providing combat troops MUST be done if it can weaken the Communist stranglehold over a nation that  wants to be free of communism.

WE are not fighting in this war. All that WE are doing is providing the tools that Ukraine needs to do her own  fighting,and a free and independent Ukraine just MIGHT be the "trigger" necessary to encourage other Soviet slave states to demand THEIR freedoms,also.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1681 on: September 20, 2023, 03:56:27 pm »
Glad to finally have you on board.  Most of us here have been saying exactly that for over a year and a half.

LOL! I've been saying the exact same thing since day one. @Hoodat
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1682 on: September 20, 2023, 04:10:30 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Also,the question of "Who is most dangerous to world peace,both now and in the future,Zelensky and Ukraine,or Putin and the USSR?" MUST be asked  and answered.

You nailed it.

I don't much care about the internal policies of those two countries, but what I absolutely do care about is the threat they present to other nations.   Ukraine is no threat militarily to anyone else - Russia most definitely is.  That's the beginning and end of the analysis for me.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1683 on: September 20, 2023, 08:25:01 pm »
Suspected drone strike blows up oil depot near Vladimir Putin’s Sochi palace

By Emily Crane
Published Sep. 20, 2023

A suspected drone strike sent an oil depot up in flames in the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi early Wednesday — just miles from one of President Vladimir Putin’s palaces.

Footage circulating on social media showed huge flames and plumes of smoke billowing from a fuel tank — which had the name of one of Russia’s main oil companies, Rosneft, on it — in the early hours as fire crews worked to douse the blaze.

The fire broke out near Sochi International Airport, which is close to the popular beach and mountain resort where the 2014 Winter Olympics were held and where Putin’s sprawling summer residence is located.

Authorities didn’t immediately provide a cause for the huge fire, saying it was still under investigation.

But the Telegram channel Baza, which is known to be close to Russian security services, claimed the blaze was the result of a drone strike.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/suspected-drone-strike-blows-up-oil-depot-near-putins-sochi-palace/

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1684 on: September 20, 2023, 09:05:50 pm »
There might be multiple messages in this drone strike. Obviously, some oil that might have fueled Russia's invaders and/or navy went up in flames. But there's a geographic message as well. Russia's Black Sea Fleet has two major bases. The one in Crimea has been attacked recently, being well within range of Ukrainian long range assets. The other major base, Novorossiysk, is farther away from Ukrainian controlled territory. Sochi is even farther than Novorossiysk. The Russian navy was told in blunt "language" that this base, too, is subject to attack. Ukraine does not need to sink ships to overcome the Black Sea Fleet. Mission-killing enough ships to overwhelm all repair facilities would be almost as effective. Periodic attacks on main ports would be part of such a strategy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1685 on: September 20, 2023, 11:28:50 pm »
LOL! I've been saying the exact same thing since day one. @Hoodat

@Bigun   -  My bad.  I mixed you up with Catfish.  My apologies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1686 on: September 20, 2023, 11:43:39 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1688 on: September 21, 2023, 12:00:33 am »
@Bigun   -  My bad.  I mixed you up with Catfish.  My apologies.

888high58888  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1689 on: September 21, 2023, 04:14:16 am »
Thank you.
The seminal issue. I'm nor even sure how corrupt Zelensky is compared to some of the people he has to tread lightly with or placate to get the materiel aid he needs to fight. A hat tip to the whole climate change thing, a real hot topic with the UN crowd, does not put him licking Greta's toes or any of that other nonsense, it's just the price of admission to get to the mike. If someone wants to go tearing down that rabbit hole, go for it, but it is a minor distraction, especially when you consider the 'carbon footprint'  of fighting a war, blowing things up and burning them down, and the fuel it takes to get to the things you blow up and burn down.

One of the greatest impediments to rational discussion is the failure to discern shades of gray between black and white. When the meter either pegs at one end or the other, it isn't a gauge any more, it's an idiot light.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1690 on: September 21, 2023, 09:00:39 am »
Thank you.
The seminal issue. I'm nor even sure how corrupt Zelensky is compared to some of the people he has to tread lightly with or placate to get the materiel aid he needs to fight. A hat tip to the whole climate change thing, a real hot topic with the UN crowd, does not put him licking Greta's toes or any of that other nonsense, it's just the price of admission to get to the mike. If someone wants to go tearing down that rabbit hole, go for it, but it is a minor distraction, especially when you consider the 'carbon footprint'  of fighting a war, blowing things up and burning them down, and the fuel it takes to get to the things you blow up and burn down.

One of the greatest impediments to rational discussion is the failure to discern shades of gray between black and white. When the meter either pegs at one end or the other, it isn't a gauge any more, it's an idiot light.

:thumbsup:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #1691 on: September 21, 2023, 12:08:02 pm »

Listen up! Let me make it crystal clear why it's imperative that we provide aid to Ukraine without deploying our troops:

1. Russia and China are in cahoots, and their alliance spells trouble for our country. We can't afford to let them get stronger!

2. By keeping Russia tied up in Ukraine, we can weaken both Russia and China, which is essential for the well-being of our country.

ANY QUESTIONS??? 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1692 on: September 21, 2023, 12:24:27 pm »

Listen up! Let me make it crystal clear why it's imperative that we provide aid to Ukraine without deploying our troops:

1. Russia and China are in cahoots, and their alliance spells trouble for our country. We can't afford to let them get stronger!

2. By keeping Russia tied up in Ukraine, we can weaken both Russia and China, which is essential for the well-being of our country.

ANY QUESTIONS???

sez, the silly comic con guy in a star trek suit......   (I saw your profile)

Big tough talk coming from what amounts to a Sheldon Cooper clown wannabe.   What a laugh.

That same money should be toward deploying assets to protect our southern border.

ANY QUESTIONS???  :silly:

LISTEN UP?  You can't be for real.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 12:25:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #1693 on: September 21, 2023, 01:12:00 pm »
sez, the silly comic con guy in a star trek suit......   (I saw your profile)

Big tough talk coming from what amounts to a Sheldon Cooper clown wannabe.   What a laugh.

That same money should be toward deploying assets to protect our southern border.

ANY QUESTIONS???  :silly:

LISTEN UP?  You can't be for real.

Said the person who thinks the Confederate States of America was just in leaving the Union.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1694 on: September 21, 2023, 01:36:09 pm »

Said the person who thinks the Confederate States of America was just in leaving the Union.

Liar.   I said "Outside Slavery, what did the south get wrong". Show me anywhere I said it was just,     Which by the way......   You didn't answer!!  If you have to lie at the onset, you've lost the narrative.

Additionally, you really think I take anything you say seriously?  Move along (at Warp 9.5 if necessary), comic boy, and let the grownups discuss the issues.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1695 on: September 21, 2023, 01:46:01 pm »

Can you direct me to the word or phrase in the Constitution that says a state cannot leave the union? I have diligently searched for that and came up empty. @kevindavis007

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1696 on: September 21, 2023, 01:55:29 pm »
Thank you.

@Smokin Joe

GREAT post!

Thank  you!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1697 on: September 21, 2023, 01:56:58 pm »
Can you direct me to the word or phrase in the Constitution that says a state cannot leave the union? I have diligently searched for that and came up empty. @kevindavis007

On the converse, what is the threshold at which a locality should be able to leave the union? Can I vote for my household to leave the country?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1698 on: September 21, 2023, 01:58:45 pm »
On the converse, what is the threshold at which a locality should be able to leave the union? Can I vote for my household to leave the country?

You don't need to vote on it. You are free to do that at any time you choose.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1699 on: September 21, 2023, 01:59:17 pm »

@Bigun

EXCELLENT question,and maybe a soon-to-be pertinent one,given the way things are going.