Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 151708 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2023, 01:15:12 am »
Somehow I don't feel sorry for Russia:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1660922735160094721

@kevindavis007

Me either,but I do feel sorry for the typical Russian,who is even MORE powerless to control his government than we are.

We ARE "catching up on powerless",though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2023, 12:39:37 pm »
Putin has led Russia to failure with his invasion and has seen Ukraine amass 'one of the world's strongest armies' during doomed bid to 'de-Nazify and demilitarise' the country, says Wagner mercenary chief

Yevgeny Prigozhin slammed the Kremlin leadership again in his latest outburst
Wagner boss blamed two military leaders for losing so many men in Bakhmut

By WILL STEWART and CHRISTIAN OLIVER
24 May 2023

Vladimir Putin has led Russia to abject failure with his invasion of Ukraine, the head of the Russian Wagner mercenary group has said in an astonishing outburst.

Far from demilitarising Ukraine – Russia's key war aim – Putin's botched strategy has seen Kyiv amass 'one of the world's strongest armies' through massive Western supplies, Yevgeny Prigozhin said.

The Wagner chief was once considered a close ally and confidant of Russia's tyrant and had been nicknamed Putin's 'chef'. But in the latest of his increasingly frequent outbursts, Prigozhin has given a devastating critique of his war strategy.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12118821/Putin-led-Russia-failure-invasion-says-Wagner-mercenary-chief.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2023, 12:40:49 pm »
Kremlin claims their forces killed 70 'Ukrainian nationalists' after two-day incursion inside Russian territory - despite the partisan force posting a video of themselves moving unopposed through the countryside

Russia said those who attacked border region killed or pushed back into Ukraine
There was no independent confirmation of deaths nor the fighting having ended

By MIRIAM KUEPPER
23 May 2023

The Kremlin has claimed that Russia had routed and killed 'Ukrainian nationalists'  after two days of combat - despite the partisan force posting a video of themselves moving unopposed through the countryside.

The Russian military said on Tuesday it had routed militants - who attacked a Russian border region with armoured vehicles the previous day - and killed 70 of them, with the rest pushed back into Ukraine. There was no independent confirmation of the deaths.

In what appeared to be one of the biggest incursions from Ukraine since the war began 15 months ago, two purported anti-Kremlin armed groups employing Russians based abroad said they were responsible for the attack in Russia's Belgorod region.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12117601/Kremlin-claims-Russia-killed-70-Ukrainian-nationalists-two-days-combat.html

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2023, 01:28:32 pm »

U.S. distances itself from pro-Ukraine incursion into Russia that involved American military vehicles

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/us-humvees-incursion-belgorod-russia-ukraine-attack-rcna85946

The United States has sought to distance itself from a dramatic raid into Russian territory by pro-Ukraine fighters who appeared to use American equipment in their attack.

Moscow said Tuesday it had fought off an assault in its Belgorod region after two days of battles with attackers who had staged a cross-border raid.

Much is unclear about the fighting. Russia says the raid was conducted by saboteurs from the Ukrainian military; Ukraine says it was carried out by Russian citizens who rose up independently.

Washington has provided billions of dollars of military assistance to Kyiv, but has sought to restrict its use to the defense of Ukrainian territory, rather than attacks on Russian soil that could potentially be used as a reason for the Kremlin to escalate the conflict.

Video posted by the Russian Defense Ministry and verified by NBC News show American-made Humvees and MRAP armored vehicles at a Russian border checkpoint following the alleged incursion by pro-Ukraine and anti-Putin fighters.

(snip)

Some analysts questioned the appearance of the vehicles in the video shared by the Russian Defense Ministry, pointing to a lack of visible damage and their placement.

“It’s possible the vehicles were used in some form of assault, but it’s also possible the image is staged — a long-standing practice of disinformation employed by the Kremlin to cast a narrative. This narrative conveniently matched the domestic Russian audience narrative that the U.S. and NATO threaten the security of Russia,” said Clint Watts, a national security analyst for NBC News and MSNBC.

Asked about the images, U.S. officials said they were monitoring the reports.

"It’s something we’re keeping a close eye on," Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Defense Department spokesman. "I don't know if it's true or not, in terms of the veracity of that imagery."

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2023, 05:58:15 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2023, 06:19:48 pm »
Russia’s Wagner boss says over 20K troops have died in Bakhmut, Ukraine

By Isabel Keane
May 24, 2023

Russia’s Wagner mercenary group has lost 20,000 fighters — some of which were Russian convicts recruited from prisons — in the ongoing battle for the highly contested Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, the group’s leader said.

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin shared the eye-opening figure, a stark contrast from Moscow’s claims that it lost just over 6,000 troops in the war, in an interview published Tuesday.

“Throughout the [entire combat] operation, I recruited 50,000 prisoners, of which about 20% died. Exactly the same number died as those who signed up through a contract,” Prigozhin said, according to Moscow Times.

“PMC Wagner completely liberated Artyomovsk [Bakhmut],” Prigozhin said, repeating his Saturday announcement that Wagner gained complete control of Bakhmut — a claim Ukraine has denied.

Russia’s goal of “demilitarizing” Ukraine has backfired as Kyiv’s forces have been bolstered by weapons and training from its Western allies.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/over-20000-of-russias-wagner-troops-have-died-in-bakhmut/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2023, 06:31:09 pm »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2023, 07:01:29 pm »
This is approaching WW1 and Japanese Russo war level humiliations for Russia...

Read about Russia's performance in WW1 some time. Not great and led to regime change, famously.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2023, 10:42:04 pm »
Wagner chief warns Russians could revolt if invasion continues to struggle

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/24/europe/wagner-prigozhin-russia-manpower-ukraine-intl/index.html

A new “revolution” could rock Russia if its stuttering war effort in Ukraine continues, the chief of private military group Wagner has said, in a scathing assessment of Moscow’s military readiness that could further expose divisions in Russian President Vladimir Putin’s military hierarchy.

Yevgeny Prigozhin said in an interview with Konstantin Dolgov, a pro-Russian blogger, that Moscow’s troops are unprepared to resist forces loyal to Kyiv even when they enter Russian territory.

He also praised the capabilities of the Ukrainian army, and urged Moscow to escalate its war effort if it wants to avoid a long and costly conflict.

“I believe Ukrainians today are one of the strongest armies in the world,” Prigozhin said. He called Kyiv’s forces “highly organized, highly trained and their intelligence is on the highest level, they can operate any military system with equal success, a Soviet or a NATO one.”
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2023, 11:03:17 pm »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2023, 11:53:29 pm »

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1661493223569620992

@kevindavis007

The senior officers in the Red Army are going to either start a coup,or lose control due to a revolution.

I have no idea which is the most likely to happen,but SOME sort of change MUST happen soon.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2023, 01:29:45 am »
Looking forward to the protracted Civil War...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2023, 03:39:25 am »
Ukraine has destroyed over 140 Russian artillery guns in the last five days.  That is substantial.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2023, 11:10:49 pm »
@kevindavis007

The senior officers in the Red Army are going to either start a coup,or lose control due to a revolution.

I have no idea which is the most likely to happen,but SOME sort of change MUST happen soon.

@sneakypete

I want change to happen, but my fear it can be worse than Putin.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2023, 12:43:42 am »

@sneakypete

@kevindavis007

I would have agreed 20 years or so ago,but times have changed since then,and the average Russian citizen now knows what a lie and a crime that Communism is.

I have no doubt that a revolution in the USSR against Soviet Rule would quickly gain support from numerous nations willing to offer food,medical supplies,and even advisors to any group trying to over throw the Soviet System.

I have been to Russia twice,and everybody I talked with  was hoping for the total collapse of Communism there,and this was a year after Yeltsin was elected,and then the year he was running for re-election.

Also,don't forget that Putin had to step down  and run a proxy in his place that was willing to follow his orders because he knew he couldn't have gotten re-elected at that time.

A few years passed and the communists once again gained control be pretenting to NOT be communists,but this ClusterBiden they have themselves in now may just be "a step too far". I honestly never thought I would live long enough  to see Russia's neighbors unite to support a revolution against a Communist invasion of a nation the Commmunists have occupied longer than  I have been alive,but  damned if it didn't happen!

Offline DB

« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2023, 12:44:53 am »

@sneakypete

What could that someone do worse than Putin? Start another war? Russia is rapidly becoming depleted of both manpower and production. Another war would just accelerate the destruction.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2023, 12:52:35 am »

Ukrainian Counteroffensive 'Already Started,' Deputy Foreign Minister Says
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/ukrainian-counteroffensive-already-started-deputy-123900571.html

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2023, 12:53:13 am »
What could that someone do worse than Putin? Start another war? Russia is rapidly becoming depleted of both manpower and production. Another war would just accelerate the destruction.

They have Nukes, but I'm not sure if it is in working order.

Offline DB

« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2023, 12:54:15 am »

Well if they use one they are really done.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:01:09 am by DB »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2023, 12:58:06 am »

@kevindavis007

Even the typical Russian soldier is no longer ignorant as to the reality of Neo-Soviet rule. I SUSPECT that if given the order to set  off the nukes,the order would be refused.

They are NOT fools,and they know the price they would pay if they started a nuclear war.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2023, 02:14:15 pm »
Russia resorts to massive Soviet-era bombs as Ukrainian air defenses prove a match for missiles, drones

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-resorts-massive-soviet-era-bombs-ukrainian-air-defenses-prove-match-missiles-drones

The Russian military has resorted to dropping massive Soviet-era bombs in an effort to circumvent Ukrainian air defenses that have proven more than a match for long range missiles and drones.

Ukrainian investigators have increasingly found instances of Russia dropping older bombs, some around 1,100 pounds. The low-tech explosives easily circumvent modern air defenses like the U.S.-made Patriot missile systems that are designed to counter long-range missiles and drones.

Russia's bombs, resurrected from Cold War-era ordnance stashes, have two major advantages over missiles in that they have no propulsion system for air defenses to track, and they remain airborne for barely a minute.

There are a couple of things missing from this news report. First, long-range missiles and "smart bombs" are what are commonly called "stand-off weapons". That means that the aircraft can hit the target without flying over the target. Thus, if the Orcs are resorting to "dumb" or "iron" bombs, the aircraft dropping them have to fly into the anti-air defenses "smart" weapons would allow the aircraft to avoid.

Second, Putin's second invasion of Ukraine is ~15 months old. The orcs have been expending their long range missiles and "smart bombs" like water. Thus, Russia's stock of these "smart" weapons are much depleted, and use of "dumb" munitions may, to some extent, be because that is what Russia has left.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2023, 02:17:40 pm »
Russia resorts to massive Soviet-era bombs as Ukrainian air defenses prove a match for missiles, drones

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-resorts-massive-soviet-era-bombs-ukrainian-air-defenses-prove-match-missiles-drones

There are a couple of things missing from this news report. First, long-range missiles and "smart bombs" are what are commonly called "stand-off weapons". That means that the aircraft can hit the target without flying over the target. Thus, if the Orcs are resorting to "dumb" or "iron" bombs, the aircraft dropping them have to fly into the anti-air defenses "smart" weapons would allow the aircraft to avoid.

Second, Putin's second invasion of Ukraine is ~15 months old. The orcs have been expending their long range missiles and "smart bombs" like water. Thus, Russia's stock of these "smart" weapons are much depleted, and use of "dumb" munitions may, to some extent, be because that is what Russia has left.

If they're dropping Soviet-era ordnance now, I wonder what the failure rate for that stuff is?  It would have been sitting on the shelves for at least 34 years by now, if not significantly longer.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2023, 04:24:59 pm »
If they're dropping Soviet-era ordnance now, I wonder what the failure rate for that stuff is?  It would have been sitting on the shelves for at least 34 years by now, if not significantly longer.

The Soviets were not renowned for quality, and their storage and logistics were probably of similar "excellence". I would not want to be someone transporting or handling that stuff (one aspect of the USS Forrestal disaster was that the bombs loaded on planes that day were old and deteriorated due to improper storage ... which made the bombs less stable and with greater explosive power than they had been originally).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-