Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 169845 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2023, 02:16:50 pm »
Well the ChiComs have never valued the lives of their own people, much less their soldiers, and view them as assets to be expended for their greater strategic interests.  A few million here, a few million there...they got plenty more people!

Such as...

Mao Reportedly Sought to A-Bomb U.S. Troops

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-02-23-mn-44747-story.html

@Timber Rattler

I had never heard that,but it comes as no surprise.

The American/globalist financiers of today would NEVER allow the US to nuke China,regardless of the circumstances because they wouldn't want to lose their factories that make cheap car,computer,and every other kind of parts or items you can imagine for dirt cheap prices using their massive number of slave laborers.

Shut down trade with China  today,and you  would eventually be walking to work and living in the dark.

After all,WHAT is more important that profits,right?

Certainly not slave labor.

Which  causes me to ask "How the HELL are GM,Ford,GE,etc,etc,etc getting away with paying virtually pennies per hour for labor to China,thus cutting off Union jobs in the US,without the Unions even whispering any complaints about it?

Some investigative reporter is losing fame and fortune for not chasing after and publishing this one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 02:19:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2023, 02:23:56 pm »
I don't understand the wisdom of using tanks in heavily forested areas. I thought they were mainly effective in out in the open areas? Possibly Ukraine forced these type of tactics somehow?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

They are trying to HIDE the tanks,not use them.

Thanks to drones and fighter/bombers,tank warfare is over,except for the shouting about it. Costs too much  to manufacture and operate them to then see them disappear in a cloud of dust and flames the first few minutes they appear on a battlefield. 

Today,they are nothing more than VERY expensive rolling coffins.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 02:28:23 pm by sneakypete »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2023, 03:22:02 pm »
I don't understand the wisdom of using tanks in heavily forested areas. I thought they were mainly effective in out in the open areas? Possibly Ukraine forced these type of tactics somehow?

Forested areas and cities are not great operating areas for tanks. Every tree and every building is potential shelter or cover for a defender. Ukraine does have quite a few smallish forested areas and copses, but the orcs have also often used their tanks less than skillfully, within or next to tree lines and forested areas and in cities/towns/villages.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2023, 03:24:50 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: 'This is the beginning of the end of Putin': Moscow drone attack, Kremlin blasts and cross-border raids spell doom for the Russian tyrant and could see the break-up of his country, expert warns

In-fighting between Russia's military and Putin's warlords is now at fever pitch
    Luke Coffey believes the break-up of Russia will begin with defeat in Ukraine

By Chris Pleasance
3 June 2023

In the dawn hours of May 3, Moscovites awoke to an unbelievable sight: Two suicide drones had somehow managed to penetrate the city's air defences and explode on the roof of the Kremlin itself.

Such an attack would have been unthinkable when Vladimir Putin declared war on Ukraine a year earlier, and yet it was only the beginning. Three weeks later, partisans began raiding Russia's borders and then a swarm of drones slammed into Moscow's wealthy suburbs.

In-fighting between Russia's military and Putin's warlords is now at fever pitch, Ukraine's counter-attack is looming, and an opposition politician even went so far as to call for Putin himself to be replaced on state TV earlier this week.

So, is this really the beginning of the end for Russia's tyrant? 'Yes,' believes Luke Coffey, an expert at the Hudson Institute think-tank in Washington - who adds that Putin's demise will be swiftly followed by the break-up of Russia itself.

'I agree [that] this is the beginning of the end of Putin - the trajectory now is towards Putin being ousted and the further breakup of the Russian Federation,' he said.

He added: 'The Soviet Union is still collapsing. When historians write about [it], they will probably identify Feb '22 [the date of the Ukraine invasion] as the most significant moment of that collapse.

'The dust is still settling. I believe the 15 countries that emerged in 1991 [when the Soviet Union collapsed] was the safety glass breaking.

'The next round of shattering will be like a 150-year-old pane of glass breaking in an old house. It will shatter in dangerous ways and won't be easy to repair or fix.'

Mr Coffey believes the final break-up will begin with the decisive defeat of Russia in Ukraine. That outcome is inevitable, he argues, but is unwilling to say when it will be.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12152585/Recent-attacks-spell-doom-Putin-break-Russia-expert-warns.html

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2023, 03:55:27 pm »
Yeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh ... I'll believe Putin is out when he actually is. His invasion of Ukraine certainly has made his hold over Russia more precarious, though. As the Crimean, Russo-Japanese, and WW1 wars illustrate, doing poorly in wars weaken autocrats, though only Czar Nicholas (and his family) lost their power and lives as a consequence. But I won't be turning blue from waiting for Putin's ouster.

IF that happens, things in and about Russia could get MESSY. Putin has proxies in multiple countries who would suddenly be on their own - Georgia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, and maybe more. Meanwhile, the Russian military would lose their head, in the aftermath of losing a substantial portion of their officer corps (can you say "nukes"?), and several Central Asian ethnic minorities are still resentful over their centuries of violent oppression under both the Soviets and the Czars.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2023, 04:03:46 pm »
Be a shame if Putin would "pull a hitler" and swallow a bullet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2023, 04:20:24 pm »
 @Kamaji

" a swarm of drones slammed into Moscow's wealthy suburbs.

So,the ugly truth  is finally starting to  emerge  that not ALL Comrades are "treated equally" in the "workers  paradise".

I don't know about you,but I am shocked at this news. SHOCKED,ah tells ya!

The Truth has ALWAYS been that the USSR was nothing more than a police state ran by the wealthy,for the benefit of the wealthy.

It's good to see  the Russian officials finally recognize this truth. The common people/worker bees,of course,always knew it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2023, 04:24:43 pm »
Yeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh ... I'll believe Putin is out when he actually is. His invasion of Ukraine certainly has made his hold over Russia more precarious, though. As the Crimean, Russo-Japanese, and WW1 wars illustrate, doing poorly in wars weaken autocrats, though only Czar Nicholas (and his family) lost their power and lives as a consequence. But I won't be turning blue from waiting for Putin's ouster.

IF that happens, things in and about Russia could get MESSY. Putin has proxies in multiple countries who would suddenly be on their own - Georgia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, and maybe more. Meanwhile, the Russian military would lose their head, in the aftermath of losing a substantial portion of their officer corps (can you say "nukes"?), and several Central Asian ethnic minorities are still resentful over their centuries of violent oppression under both the Soviets and the Czars.

@PeteS in CA

I  hadn't even considered that,but I think  you are right,it is going to cause a lot of confusion and maybe even grief due to local "strong me" deciding to take control to fill the "dictator vacuum".

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2023, 05:25:56 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

They are trying to HIDE the tanks,not use them.

Thanks to drones and fighter/bombers,tank warfare is over,except for the shouting about it. Costs too much  to manufacture and operate them to then see them disappear in a cloud of dust and flames the first few minutes they appear on a battlefield. 

Today,they are nothing more than VERY expensive rolling coffins.

I think they are still very effective if used properly - which means with sufficient mass and speed - if supporting arms are properly employed, and if the enemy lacks air supremacy.   Risking a $30M plane to take out a $3M tank may not make a lot of sense. 

Suppressive artillery fire, supporting infantry, and various electronic and other means of interfering with drones also can be effective.  Tanks also can excel in poor weather where planes and drones are a lot more limited.

The reasons the Russians have lost more than 2,000 tanks in Ukraine is that they are just terrible at a lot of that, especially the close coordination required between maneuver elements - especially tanks/armored vehicles - and artillery.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 05:37:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2023, 05:46:26 pm »
Wave of looting ravages Russian border area amid intense shelling - as Putin's propagandists call for tactical nuclear strikes on Ukrainian cities

Footage appeared to show a building in the Belgorod region ablaze after a strike

By Will Stewart and Christian Oliver
3 June 2023

A wave of looting has reportedly hit a border zone in Russia as Vladimir Putin's authorities lose control of the Belgorod Oblast region.

Homes and local shops appeared to be targeted by Russian looters amid the chaos as tens of thousands of Russians evacuating border areas in the Belgorod region as pro-Ukraine forces hit back at Russia.

A video from the town of Shebekino showed a building ablaze after a suspected strike. Ukraine's military has not claimed responsibility for the attacks, or denied it was behind them.

Shelling has pounded the settlement for several days, forcing thousands of residents to flee villages near Russia's southwestern border as shelling intensified.

Incandescent over the attacks, Kremlin mouthpieces on Russia's state television called for the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to target major Ukrainian cities.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12155125/Wave-looting-ravages-Russian-border-region-amid-intense-shelling-anti-Kremlin-forces.html

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2023, 06:08:34 pm »
The reasons the Russians have lost more than 2,000 tanks in Ukraine is that they are just terrible at a lot of that, especially the close coordination required between maneuver elements - especially tanks/armored vehicles - and artillery.

And little or no infantry support...Shoigu's vaunted Battalion Tactical Groups were sorely understrength when Putin launched the invasion.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2023, 07:42:22 pm »
I think they are still very effective if used properly - which means with sufficient mass and speed - if supporting arms are properly employed, and if the enemy lacks air supremacy.   Risking a $30M plane to take out a $3M tank may not make a lot of sense. 

Suppressive artillery fire, supporting infantry, and various electronic and other means of interfering with drones also can be effective.  Tanks also can excel in poor weather where planes and drones are a lot more limited.

I think the Russians problem still lingers form the days of the Communist heirarchy's top down approach, even down to the Zampolits in the units able to accuse one of disloyalty to the Party despite being effective in any departure for orders or doctrine. While no one wants to get killed, the fate for disloyalty to the party may be the same or worse for family members back home.

I think, too, there is a certain amount of small unit command initiative (perhaps down to the individual tank) that needs to be present for effective maneuver warfare on a tactical level, while still adhering to a basic strategy or tactical goal. Even a driver who doesn't wait to be ordered to take advantage of terrain elements, defilade, or evade attack while pressing into a favorable position contributes. People waiting for a centralized command to okay every move are going to suffer in a battle with those who need not get clearance to act and can operate on their own initiative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2023, 08:08:28 pm »
I think the Russians problem still lingers form the days of the Communist heirarchy's top down approach, even down to the Zampolits in the units able to accuse one of disloyalty to the Party despite being effective in any departure for orders or doctrine. While no one wants to get killed, the fate for disloyalty to the party may be the same or worse for family members back home.

I think, too, there is a certain amount of small unit command initiative (perhaps down to the individual tank) that needs to be present for effective maneuver warfare on a tactical level, while still adhering to a basic strategy or tactical goal. Even a driver who doesn't wait to be ordered to take advantage of terrain elements, defilade, or evade attack while pressing into a favorable position contributes. People waiting for a centralized command to okay every move are going to suffer in a battle with those who need not get clearance to act and can operate on their own initiative.

That applies to nation states as well. Top-down operations like China can't compete with people who guide their own destiny. A primary reason America was so successful, which is not an option available to the tyrants of this world. Slaves make lousy inventors/creators.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2023, 08:45:03 pm »

Right.  Everything with them is controlled so rigidly from higher command that supporting arms will never be able respond quickly enough to suppress antiair/antiarmor defenses properly.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2023, 10:41:02 pm »
Warfare has long been proper use of combined arms. Ancients' battles had infantry, slingers and archers, and cavalry. Muskets, rifles, and various calibers of machine guns replaced swords and javelins. Slingers and archers got replaced by cannon and, later, artillery. Cavalry got replaced by tanks and APCs/IFVs. Air became the 4th arm in WW2. The challenge is coordination and logistics. The orcs have coordinated poorly, not supporting armor with adequate infantry, exposing unprotected infantry and armor to observation and attack from the air. Russia was terrible at logistics in WW1, terrible in WW2 (can you say Lend-Lease Studebaker?), and are now terrible in Ukraine, sometimes losing valuable vehicles to empty fuel tanks.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2023, 10:59:42 am »
NATO-trained units will serve as tip of spear in Ukraine’s counteroffensive

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/YR7637GG5QTH6PR3UUC6VFWKTU_size-normalized.JPG&w=1200

When Ukraine’s long-awaited counteroffensive finally begins, the fight will be led by brigades armed not only with Western weapons but also Western know-how, gleaned from months of training aimed at transforming Ukraine’s military into a modern force skilled in NATO’s most advanced warfare tactics.

As other Ukrainian units were fighting to expel the Russian occupiers from the country’s east and south, the brand-new 47th Separate Mechanized Brigade was preparing for the next phase of war from a classroom at a NATO base in Germany.

The brigade’s leadership trained with computers that simulated situations they might face in real life. Deputy commander Maj. Ivan Shalamaha and others planned their assaults and then let the program show them the results — how their Russian enemies might respond, where they could make a breakthrough and where they would suffer losses.

“You understand the overall picture, how it works,” Shalamaha said. “You understand where and what your shortcomings were. And we pay attention to what we failed to do during this simulation.”

Now the war games are over. The 47th brigade and other assault units have been armed with Western weapons, including Bradley infantry fighting vehicles, and relocated to a secret location closer to the front line. During a recent visit by Washington Post journalists, the soldiers were waiting for the order to charge ahead to retake a large swath of Ukrainian territory and tip the war back in Kyiv’s favor.

The counteroffensive will be the biggest test yet of the U.S.-led strategy of giving the Ukrainians weapons and training to fight like an American army might — but on their own.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2023, 12:31:05 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2023, 03:04:55 pm »
Whether you support aid to the Ukrainians or not, you have to admire the tenacity with which they have defended their country.  Pretty much the entire rest of the world expected them to be overwhelmed and submit quickly, but they refused.   Not often you see courage like that.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2023, 03:28:02 pm »
Whether you support aid to the Ukrainians or not, you have to admire the tenacity with which they have defended their country.  Pretty much the entire rest of the world expected them to be overwhelmed and submit quickly, but they refused.   Not often you see courage like that.

I agree.. They really have the courage to stand up to the 2nd largest military. I see it this way. If we support Ukraine now, we are helping Russia (in some way China) to lose. It's going to take a long time for Russia to rebuild its military. If there is Russia left after this war.  Translation, it is expensive now, but if Russia (again in some way China) wins, it is going to be more expensive down the road.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2023, 03:50:14 pm »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2023, 03:53:51 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2023, 05:43:36 pm »

I agree.. They really have the courage to stand up to the 2nd largest military. I see it this way. If we support Ukraine now, we are helping Russia (in some way China) to lose. It's going to take a long time for Russia to rebuild its military. If there is Russia left after this war. 
Translation, it is expensive now, but if Russia (again in some way China) wins, it is going to be more expensive down the road.

@kevindavis007

I am in total agreement,and would like to add I am a HUGE fan of the idea that no US troops will be involved in the fighting.

Seems like for my entire life I have been waiting for Russia to invade Europe,and either being a US soldier sent off to fight  "The Red Peril",or watching other US troops being sent off to a foreign land once again to fight and die.

I am as giddy as a school girl over the possibility of Soviet communism being handed it's ass,and it happening without involving US combat troops.