Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 151651 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 06:23:49 pm »
Does it still look like they're planning an encirclement of the Orcs in Bakhmut?

That's a good question.   I wouldn't think the Ukrainians have enough superiority on that front to risk a full encirclement of Bahkmut, because that means they then have to either 1) assault the City, which would be extraordinarily expensive, or 2) maintain that encirclement for long enough to force a Wagner surrender.   So I really don't see the Ukrainians attempting to do that unless they are convinced that the entire Russian front and that area has collapsed, and they have no reserves.

I would think the more likely goal is to leave the Wagnerites an escape route out of the city  so they bug out on their own.   That would let the Ukrainians retake the city at minimal cost, and be a gigantic embarrassment for Russia.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 06:41:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 06:34:26 pm »
Saw this - more evidence that things definitely aren't going well at Bakhmut for the Russians:

Russia Announces Deaths of Two Colonels in Bakhmut

Russia has revealed that two of its colonels were killed in Bakhmut while fighting Ukrainian forces.

In a rare announcement of combat losses, the Russian Ministry of Defense confirmed the deaths of Colonel Vyacheslav Makarov of the 4th motorized rifle brigade and Colonel Yevgeny Brovko, deputy commander of the army corps for military-political work.

Both are said to have died "while repelling attacks."  Tass, a news agency closely affiliated with the Russian government, stated that Russian Ministry of Defense representative Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov confirmed the deaths.  Konashenkov said Makarov led his unit on the front line and claimed two Ukrainian attacks were repelled. He added: "In the course of repelling the third attack, the brigade commander was seriously wounded and died during the evacuation from the battlefield."

According to Tass: "Brovko died heroically during the battle to repeal one of the attacks, he received multiple shrapnel wounds."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-announces-deaths-two-colonels-bakhmut-1800192

You don't lose two colonels from a minor local counterattack and well-executed tactical withdrawal.  And this isn't even the main Ukrainian counterattack.  It's just local units taking advantage of the Russians having wasted so many of their own troops in that sector.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 06:36:38 pm »
The orc invaders in Bakhmut and in the salients the orcs were trying to use to cut off Ukrainian supplies should all be worried about the current Ukrainian pushes.

The Mi-8 is an old design, one of those kinds that is too useful and upgrade-able to throw away. I've heard that this particular one was being used as an aireborn command post, i.e. was there to coordinate orcish air assets and attacks. Some high-skilled orcs went down in that bird.

The Mi-28 is analogous to a current-Rev AH-64, i.e. a valuable asset with skilled people (pilot and weapons operator). The Su-34 and Su-35 are analogous to an F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-15E, fairly modern.

Whodunit is wide open for speculation - trigger-paranoid Russian SAM battery? Or fighter? Ukrainian SAMs and/or air-air missile? Partisan or Ukrainian infiltrators with shoulder-fired missiles? AFAIK, the Ukrainian government is wisely keeping quiet - whether they know or do not, keeping that knowledge from the Russians is prudent, if not wise.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 06:37:22 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 06:41:49 pm »
Saw this - more evidence that things definitely aren't going well at Bakhmut for the Russians:

...  And this isn't even the main Ukrainian counterattack.  It's just local units taking advantage of the Russians having wasted so many of their own troops in that sector.

That's the interesting uncertainty, for the orcs. Is this push at Bakhmut just part of the see-sawing? A major objective? Designed to divert orcish resources from a near-future main attack? Could success in a diversionary attack be great enough to be exploitable? "E.", All of the above?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2023, 06:49:30 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2023, 06:59:48 pm »
Does it still look like they're planning an encirclement of the Orcs in Bakhmut?

There is nothing left on the south side to encircle.  Still have a pocket of Russians north of the city though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2023, 10:05:59 pm »
That's a good question.   I wouldn't think the Ukrainians have enough superiority on that front to risk a full encirclement of Bahkmut, because that means they then have to either 1) assault the City, which would be extraordinarily expensive, or 2) maintain that encirclement for long enough to force a Wagner surrender.   So I really don't see the Ukrainians attempting to do that unless they are convinced that the entire Russian front and that area has collapsed, and they have no reserves.

I would think the more likely goal is to leave the Wagnerites an escape route out of the city  so they bug out on their own.   That would let the Ukrainians retake the city at minimal cost, and be a gigantic embarrassment for Russia.

"Build your enemy a Golden Bridge to leave the field of battle."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2023, 10:53:09 pm »
Something is happening in Belarus.

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1657817185249644545

I suppose it's possible this is a Russian coup to put someone in charge in Belarus who would be willing to commit troops.  Unlikely, but possible.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2023, 10:05:29 am »
Wagner chief offered to give Russian troop locations to Ukraine, leak says

tps://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/

In late January, with his mercenary forces dying by the thousands in a fight for the ruined city of Bakhmut, Wagner Group owner Yevgeniy Prigozhin made Ukraine an extraordinary offer.

Prigozhin said that if Ukraine’s commanders withdrew their soldiers from the area around Bakhmut, he would give Kyiv information on Russian troop positions, which Ukraine could use to attack them. Prigozhin conveyed the proposal to his contacts in Ukraine’s military intelligence directorate, with whom he has maintained secret communications during the course of the war, according to previously unreported U.S. intelligence documents leaked on the group-chat platform Discord.

(snip)

Other leaked documents reveal Russian Defense Ministry officials privately wondering how to respond to Prigozhin’s criticism of the military’s performance and his demands for more resources, which they apparently conceded were not illegitimate grievances. The documents also speak to a power struggle between Prigozhin and top officials, including Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

Against that tense backdrop, Prigohzin has carried on a secret relationship with Ukrainian intelligence that, in addition to phone calls, includes in-person meetings with HUR officers in an unspecified country in Africa, one document states. Wagner forces provide security to several governments on the continent.

The leaked U.S. intelligence shows Prigozhin bemoaning the heavy toll that fighting has taken on his own forces and urging Ukraine to strike harder against Russian troops.

EXCERPT

Prigozhin's a dead man walking.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2023, 01:03:56 pm »

tps://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/

EXCERPT

My advice to Prigozhin is this:

Unless he is planning a coup, stay away from windows and hire a food taster. He is a dead man walking.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2023, 06:23:01 pm »

EXCERPT

Ha!  It could be true, or it could be totally made up as an effort to divide Wagner and the Russians.  Either way, it's awesome.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2023, 06:24:44 pm »
This guy has been posting on the war a lot, and there is some really outstanding information in this series of tweets coming from a Russian volunteer.  It has the ring of authenticity to it, and has some really great content.  I can't post it all directly because its mostly screenshots, but very definitely worth reading the whole series of tweets/screenshots.

Incredible stuff that goes to the lack of Russian radio discipline, Ukraine (NATO/US) advantage in the EM spectrum, Russian failure to rotate troops, and a bunch of stuff.  Just as an example, the one Russia brigade that was just in the news for collapsing has been on the front lines since the war began.  It has never been rotated out, and they just send replacements for the guys killed.

The Russians are so screwed....

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1657297370722312192?s=20
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:26:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2023, 07:22:26 pm »
Ha!  It could be true, or it could be totally made up as an effort to divide Wagner and the Russians.  Either way, it's awesome.
Wonder if the Russian media will blow this off as 'murcan disinformation?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 09:21:03 pm »
Wonder if the Russian media will blow this off as 'murcan disinformation?

@Smokin Joe

I THINK the Russian media is back to only reporting what they are TOLD to report.

Pooty Poot is a dictator.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2023, 09:26:10 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I THINK the Russian media is back to only reporting what they are TOLD to report.

Pooty Poot is a dictator.
Yep! (makes you wonder how much that same thing applies here, and who is the 'power behind the throne').
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2023, 10:04:17 pm »
Yep! (makes you wonder how much that same thing applies here, and who is the 'power behind the throne').

@Smokin Joe

Same familes as ever,just a new generation of them.

"The Creature from Jekyll Island"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+creature+from+jekyll+island+book&form=ANNNB1&refig=8c4f85bb4c6e441cbf473b9d82f45f5b&sp=3&lq=0&qs=SC&pq=the+creatures+from+jekyl&sk=OS1SC1&sc=10-24&cvid=8c4f85bb4c6e441cbf473b9d82f45f5b
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 10:05:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2023, 02:25:31 pm »
I hope the Orcs pay dearly in the long term

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1658429042385645568

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2023, 08:29:31 pm »
Ukraine shoots down six of Putin's 'unstoppable' hypersonic missiles as Russia hits Kyiv with 'exceptionally complex' attack that 'destroyed US Patriot air defence system'

Moscow launched several waves of drones and missiles on Ukrainian capital
The Tuesday morning attack came hours after Zelensky met with Rishi Sunak

By DAVID AVERRE
16 May 2023

Russia launched a brutal drone and missile attack on Ukraine's capital early this morning, just hours after Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said he would be returning from a European tour with a restocked weapons arsenal.

Ukraine claimed its robust air defence system, comprised of Soviet-era and Western-supplied platforms, managed to successfully shoot down 18 of Moscow's missiles, six of which were reportedly hypersonic 'Kinzhal' missiles which Vladimir Putin once boasted were 'unstoppable'.

But the Russian Defence Ministry in turn claimed one of its missiles had successfully destroyed a US-designed and supplied Patriot air defence system - a feat amounting to the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of state-of-the-art technology that could leave the Ukrainian capital vulnerable to further attacks.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12088327/Putin-hits-Kyiv-exceptionally-complex-simultaneous-attack-drones-ballistic-missiles.html

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2023, 10:30:25 pm »
Ukraine shoots down six of Putin's 'unstoppable' hypersonic missiles as Russia hits Kyiv with 'exceptionally complex' attack that 'destroyed US Patriot air defence system'

Moscow launched several waves of drones and missiles on Ukrainian capital
The Tuesday morning attack came hours after Zelensky met with Rishi Sunak

By DAVID AVERRE
16 May 2023

Russia launched a brutal drone and missile attack on Ukraine's capital early this morning, just hours after Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said he would be returning from a European tour with a restocked weapons arsenal.

Ukraine claimed its robust air defence system, comprised of Soviet-era and Western-supplied platforms, managed to successfully shoot down 18 of Moscow's missiles, six of which were reportedly hypersonic 'Kinzhal' missiles which Vladimir Putin once boasted were 'unstoppable'.

But the Russian Defence Ministry in turn claimed one of its missiles had successfully destroyed a US-designed and supplied Patriot air defence system - a feat amounting to the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of state-of-the-art technology that could leave the Ukrainian capital vulnerable to further attacks.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12088327/Putin-hits-Kyiv-exceptionally-complex-simultaneous-attack-drones-ballistic-missiles.html

"But the Russian Defence Ministry in turn claimed...."

https://youtu.be/OjYoNL4g5Vg

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2023, 01:09:16 am »
But the Russian Defence Ministry in turn claimed one of its missiles had successfully destroyed a US-designed and supplied Patriot air defence system -

It took six months for the US to finally deliver one Patriot battery to Ukraine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2023, 02:49:03 am »
His hand doesn't look good.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2023, 11:27:28 am »
His hand doesn't look good.

I wonder what drugs he is on.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2023, 11:35:19 am »
Ukrainian city of Khmelnytskyi rocked by huge explosion after Russia sends 21 drones to army missile silo causing enormous fireball which 'injured 30 people'

Reports said only two of the victims were hospitalized of the 'nearly 30' injured

By MATT POWELL
13 May 2023

The Ukrainian city of Khmelnytskyi was rocked by huge explosion after Russia reportedly sent 21 drones to an army silo causing enormous fireball which injured dozens.

Vladimir Putin appears to be targeting ammunition storages in west Ukraine as Kyiv's counter-offensive approaches.

According to the Khmelnytskyi Oblast State Administration, only two of the victims were hospitalized of the 'nearly 30' injured.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12081047/Ukrainian-city-Khmelnytskyi-rocked-huge-explosion-causing-fireball-injured-30-people.html

This was apparently a Ukraine ammunition depot, although there is speculation that much of what was stored there was older stuff (source:  https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-ammo-storage-site-obliterated-where-huge-fireball-seen )