Author Topic: Austin busing migrants to airport from San Antonio as Title 42 ends  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Austin busing migrants to airport from San Antonio as Title 42 ends
by: Grace Reader

Posted: May 12, 2023 / 12:03 PM CDT

Updated: May 12, 2023 / 12:03 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) — As Title 42 expires Thursday into Friday, Austin says it’s working to help other Texas cities with the expected influx of migrants.

Five days a week, Austin will bus roughly 50 migrants from San Antonio — which has a migrant shelter — to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. From there, migrants will fly to a more permanent spot.

“That’s gonna help them by being able to move asylum seekers to their sponsor’s hometown and be able to bring the number that are in the migrant resource center that down to the level that they can handle,” said Juan Ortiz, the director of Homeland Security and Emergency Management for the City of Austin.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/austin-busing-migrants-to-airport-from-san-antonio-as-title-42-ends/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson