Author Topic: King Joe’s EV Stamp Act: Where’s The Outrage?  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
King Joe’s EV Stamp Act: Where’s The Outrage?
« on: May 13, 2023, 10:18:09 am »
WRITTEN BY BOB MAISTROS ON MAY 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

King Joe’s EV Stamp Act: Where’s The Outrage?

electric car fire chargerWhere’s the outrage?” implored Bob Dole in 1996, regarding the lack of Clinton administration accountability on Chinese campaign cash, illegally obtained FBI personnel files, and rushing potentially criminal immigrants through naturalization.

Occasioning the reminiscence: the recent EPA mandate to electrify 67% of vehicles in just nine years. [emphasis, links added]

Why so little fuss over King Joe’s Stamp Act: an outrageous, unjustified, immoral, and economy-wide act of taxation without representation, regulation without delegation, and downright despotism?

After all, the 1765 enactment under George III helped ignite a revolution. Historians highlight the colonials’ belief that being compelled to employ London-produced tax-stamped paper was not about its ostensible purpose: paying for the continent’s defense.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/king-joes-ev-stamp-act-wheres-the-outrage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson