Author Topic: Ron DeSantis is on the verge of announcing his presidential bid  (Read 2102 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ron DeSantis is on the verge of announcing his presidential bid
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 06:45:46 pm »
Published May 15, 2023 12:28pm EDT
DeSantis press secretary leaves governor's office to join political operation
Gov Ron DeSantis press secretary Bryan Griffin will step down from his role in the governor's office
 By Elizabeth Elkind , Matt Leach | Fox News
EXCLUSIVE: A top official in Ron DeSantis’ gubernatorial office is stepping down to join his political operation, Fox News Digital learned on Monday, in yet another sign that the popular Florida Republican is eyeing a White House bid in 2024.

Bryan Griffin, press secretary for the Executive Office of Governor Ron DeSantis, is resigning to take on a new role as press secretary in DeSantis’ political operation.

In his resignation letter obtained by Fox News Digital, Griffin said he is "stepping away from this role to pursue other avenues of helping to deliver the governor’s success to our country."

"I believe that Governor DeSantis is the only leader who can see us to victory at this critical moment in American history," the Republican operative wrote. "If I can be even a small part of the revival and restoration of our great nation, then I am prepared to give it my all." ...
FOX News

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2023, 12:12:07 am »
Lying about DeSantis' record is worse than mudslinging.  Like that lie about DeSantis denying Disney their First Amendment rights.  Remember that one?

President Trump hasn't claimed Disney has been denied its First Amendment rights, Disney claimed this in their lawsuit against the DeSantis Administration.  But, you know this.

Let's see what the courts have to say.  I'm pretty sure the Supremes will be asked to weigh in on this.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2023, 02:35:34 am »
Lying about DeSantis' record is worse than mudslinging.  Like that lie about DeSantis denying Disney their First Amendment rights.  Remember that one?

President Trump hasn't claimed Disney has been denied its First Amendment rights

I wasn't talking about Trump.  I was talking about you.

Disney claimed this in their lawsuit against the DeSantis Administration.  But, you know this.

And you accepted it as fact and repeated it on this forum.  But you know this.  Also, you were asked repeatedly to point out how Amendment I had been violated.  And each and every time, you remained silent.  But you know that, too.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 02:49:19 am »
This is your post, @Right_in_Virginia :

So trampling the First Amendment is okay if it's done with conservative boots?

And again:

The state's retaliation in response to a corporation's First Amendment rights is a no-no.  :nono:

Desantis better pray you're not subpoenaed.  88devil

And again:

That may be.  But it's not what prompted the Governor's and statehouse's actions against Disney.   We know this because the governor admitted in his book, during speeches, at press conferences, etc. that the actions taken were in direct response to Disney's vocal, woke opposition to the  "Don't Say Gay" law.

This sure appears to be quintessential government retaliation in contradiction to First Amendment rights.

So there's two options here.  You could show how DeSantis violated the First Amendment.  Or you can continue to play dumb about it, showing everyone here that you intentionally posted something that you knew not to be true in order to deceive other posters here.  You know, the very thing you falsely accused someone else of doing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 03:11:56 am »

I wasn't talking about Trump.  I was talking about you.

And you accepted it as fact and repeated it on this forum.  But you know this.  Also, you were asked repeatedly to point out how Amendment I had been violated.  And each and every time, you remained silent.  But you know that, too.

I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.

The claim made by the Disney Corporation in their suit (which I pointed out at least half a dozen times) is that the actions taken by DeSantis and his administration are retaliation for their objection to Ron's "Don't Say Gay" bill --- which, they claim, is a violation of their First Amendment rights and protections.

Disney cited chapter and verse the actions taken, Ron's admission in his book what motivated the actions and the very public actions Ron threatened to take in the future, including building a high security prison next to the Disney theme park.

All I've done is report.  So, don't shoot the messenger, bro.  :shrug:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2023, 03:20:09 am »
*****rollingeyes*****  The good governor doesn't need practice in political courtship -- he's been our governor for awhile now.  So far he's done exceptionally well.

Half of me wants him to stay Governor.

The other half thinks of him as Obi-Wan: he may be our only hope.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2023, 03:24:28 am »
All I've done is report.  So, don't shoot the messenger, bro.  :shrug:

In the preceding post, you will find three of your posts that directly contradict your 'I'm only the messenger' schtick.  But then you knew that already.  So option two is the only plausible explanation.  Continue to play dumb about it, showing everyone here that you intentionally posted something that you knew not to be true in order to deceive other posters here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 03:46:10 am »
In the preceding post, you will find three of your posts that directly contradict your 'I'm only the messenger' schtick.  But then you knew that already.  So option two is the only plausible explanation.  Continue to play dumb about it, showing everyone here that you intentionally posted something that you knew not to be true in order to deceive other posters here.

You cherry-picked parts of on-going conversations in an effort to support another of your silly personal attacks against me.

Your efforts to turn the spotlight to me and away from Ron DeSantis won't work.   wink777

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 02:06:29 pm »
DeSantis is a highly successful governor and the people of Florida agree.  Barring some unforeseen development (something real, not some unsubstantiated horsesh*t concocted by Trump or his pets), he'll have my support.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:14:28 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2023, 12:39:31 am »
You cherry-picked parts of on-going conversations in an effort to support another of your silly personal attacks against me.

I reposted three posts of yours where you are pushing a false left-wing narrative - a narrative which you know not to be true - in order to intentionally deceive members of this community.  Nothing cherry-picked about it.  If you wish to challenge your own posts by posting something which supports that liberal narrative, then speak up.  You have have had numerous opportunities to do so.  The reason you haven't is because you know deep down that the narrative you are pushing is a lie which cannot be supported.

Your efforts to turn the spotlight to me and away from Ron DeSantis won't work.   wink777

Ron DeSantis isn't the one pushing lies on this forum.  If at some time in the future he does, I will promptly call him out on it as well.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2023, 12:52:22 am »
DeSantis is a highly successful governor and the people of Florida agree.

Trump agrees, too.

https://twitter.com/MaxNordau/status/1649523884574781441

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2023, 12:59:25 am »
The most wonderful feature of this site is the ignore feature.  RIV has earned it. He, she...or whatever their pronouns are currently.  :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2023, 01:07:03 am »
Half of me wants him to stay Governor.

The other half thinks of him as Obi-Wan: he may be our only hope.

I am conflicted somewhat as well.  I think it is really important to have as many conservative governors throughout the country as possible to hold the line against he liberals.  But, what other true conservative has a shot at the oval office other than DeSantis? 

Hawley perhaps, but he has shown no interest.  Jordan hasn't shown any interest either. 

DeSantis' record of success is unmatched.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.