Author Topic: Marines’ service lengths extended after shocking ‘audit’  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marines’ service lengths extended after shocking ‘audit’
U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers' boots. (U.S. Army Reserve photo by Staff Sgt. Ken Scar)
MAY 11, 2023 LIZ LAWRENCE

At least 24 Marines had their service length’s extended after an audit by Marine Corps human resources officials. The extensions come as the U.S. military faces an ongoing recruitment crisis.

According to Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock, the end of active service dates for two dozen Marine cyberspace officers were changed after an audit in October 2022 made sure the Marines’ records aligned with their contracts.

“Current and correct personnel records allow Marines to plan their careers effectively and align with what the Marine desired when they signed their service agreement,” Carlock told Marine Corps Times in a statement. “Additionally, this process reinforces the service’s combat readiness and ability to employ our highly skilled Marines.”

The Corps is conducting additional audits across the service and it is unclear how many more troops will see their service length’s extended.   

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/05/dozens-of-marines-must-now-serve-longer-after-shocking-audit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Marines’ service lengths extended after shocking ‘audit’
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 07:21:27 pm »
The bad audit must have something to do with diversity issues. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson