Author Topic: NYC Mayor Adams considers abandon prison, asks property owners to house influx of migrants  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Adams considers abandon prison, asks property owners to house influx of migrants
"Nothing is off the table," says Adams, a Democrat.

By Joseph Weber
Updated: May 12, 2023 - 8:11am

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is reportedly considering housing migrants in a shuttered Hudson Valley prison.

He considered the idea in call with county officials Thursday, as New York City struggles to find accommodations for thousands more asylum-seekers expected to arrive following the expiration of the federal border policy Title 42, according to an audio tape obtained by Politico.

Adams in the call said his administration needs help from neighboring counties as the city has already provided housing, food and other services to over 65,000 asylum-seekers over the past year.

https://justthenews.com/government/state-houses/nyc-mayor-adams-consider-abandon-prison-asks-property-owners-house-influx
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think the idea of citizens housing government people was last considered in the Revolutionary War.  Illegals should be considered part of the government since they are paid, given medical care, and follow the orders of the government. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

If Adams isn't careful, the surrounding counties - which want no part of NYC's sanctuary city b.s. - are going to isolate Manhattan and turn the movie Escape from New York into a reality.