Author Topic: New Study: Warmer Temperatures Associated With A Reduction In Storms, High Winds  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study: Warmer Temperatures Associated With A Reduction In Storms, High Winds
By Kenneth Richard on 11. May 2023

The claim that rising global surface temperatures will induce more storm activity is contradicted by observations.

Scientists reporting on the contrasting albedo effects of clouds in the Northern vs. Southern Hemispheres (Blanco et al., 2023) assess clouds have a “profound” effect on the global radiation budget and thus our climate.

The Southern Hemisphere is cloudier than the Northern Hemisphere at the same latitudes, and hence the sea surface temperatures are colder.

In contrast to the claim that warmer temperatures fuel more storms and stronger winds, cloud-albedo-induced colder temperatures are viewed as a trigger (“cloud-controlling factor”) for the stronger Southern Hemisphere’s wind speeds and storm tracks.

This is the opposite of what is claimed by proponents of anthropogenic global warming, as it implies we get fewer or less intense storms as the surface warms.

https://notrickszone.com/2023/05/11/new-study-warmer-temperatures-associated-with-a-reduction-in-storms-high-winds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji