Author Topic: Charges expected for NYC subway rider who put Jordan Neely in fatal chokehold, [updated]  (Read 1647 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charges expected for NYC subway rider who put Jordan Neely in fatal chokehold, sources say 
Neely, a subway busker who performed dance routines in costume as Michael Jackson, was unconscious when officers arrived. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

By Jonathan Dienst and Minyvonne Burke

The 24-year-old subway rider who was seen in a video putting a homeless man in a fatal chokehold on a New York City train is expected to be charged in the incident as soon as Friday, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Daniel J. Penny, a Marine veteran, was taken into custody after the May 1 incident but was released. It is not clear what charges he will face.

Cellphone video captured on a northbound F train showed Penny on the ground holding Jordan Neely in a chokehold following an altercation.

Lawyers for Penny did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday afternoon, but said previously that Neely had been “aggressively threatening” their client and other subway riders and that Penny acted to protect himself and others.

Neely, a 30-year-old subway busker who performed dance routines in costume as Michael Jackson, was unconscious when officers arrived at the Broadway and East Houston Street station. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

The New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said that Neely died of "compression of neck (chokehold)" and that the manner was homicide.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charges-nyc-subway-jordan-neely-chokehold-rcna82914?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=645d4ffe9038670001558de1&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:26:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remember, kids!

No good deed goes unpunished.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There is no reason on earth to enter NYC city limits.  They prosecute heros, while coddling low life criminals.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

Funny how NBC News neglects to mention the "subway busker" (whatever the F that means) had a lengthy arrest record and a history of violent acts against women, or that the D.A.'s office is apparently completely willing to ignore his record in favor of creating a grand spectacle heavily tinged by racial overtones.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Funny how NBC News neglects to mention the "subway busker" (whatever the F that means) had a lengthy arrest record and a history of violent acts against women, or that the D.A.'s office is apparently completely willing to ignore his record in favor of creating a grand spectacle heavily tinged by racial overtones.

Not many years ago, this guy would have been made out to be a hero, by protecting other riders from a menacing perp.

Now in the post George Floyd era, any fighting back against a certain demographic indiviudal and area , puts you in legal danger.  Floyd had a near lethal dose of drugs, and they still fingered the cop when Floyd got similarly agitated and aggressive.

I sure hope the Marine hires the best legal help that money can buy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Subway chokehold death: Daniel Penny to face manslaughter charge

NEW YORK - Daniel Penny, the Marine veteran at the center of Jordan Neely's choking death aboard a subway train last week, is expected to turn himself in to police as soon as Friday to face criminal charges over the incident.

Neely, who was homeless, died on May 1 after Penny allegedly held him in a chokehold for several minutes.

According to witnesses, Neely was yelling at and harassing passengers on the train before he was subdued by Neely and others, and ultimately died.

The Medical Examiner's office ruled Neely's death a homicide.

Penny, 24, will face a charge of second degree manslaughter, which could carry a jail term of up to 15 years.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/subway-choking-daniel-penny-criminal-charges
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Subway chokehold death: Daniel Penny to face manslaughter charge

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/subway-choking-daniel-penny-criminal-charges

Just got the breaking news alert on my phone

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Just got the breaking news alert on my phone

Disgusting outrage. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In a previous thread, I posted that Mr. Penny should have fled to Florida and then fought extradition.

Let's see how Mr. DeSantis would handle this one...

Offline cato potatoe

In a previous thread, I posted that Mr. Penny should have fled to Florida and then fought extradition.

Let's see how Mr. DeSantis would handle this one...

He should have fled the country.  I'm not sure where he would go, but it's better than 25 years in Attica.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He should have fled the country.  I'm not sure where he would go, but it's better than 25 years in Attica.

Still could.  I know I'd chip in on his plane ticket.

Offline Kamaji

No good deed goes unpunished.

Unfortunately, what this all means is that (a) do not intervene until and unless the disturbed individual has actually started assaulting you, or another person, and (b) make sure you have a bodycam (gopro, e.g.), or a buddy with a smartphone camera, to get it on video so you have some evidence that you were responding to actual use of violence by the disturbed person.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Daniel Penny to surrender and face second-degree manslaughter charge in Jordan Neely chokehold
By Joe Marino,
Craig McCarthy,
Larry Celona and
David Propper   
May 11, 2023 4:28pm

Daniel Penny — the former Marine who put homeless man Jordan Neely in a deadly chokehold on the subway last week — will surrender to face criminal charges on Friday, law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case said Thursday.

Penny, 24, will turn himself in at the NYPD’s 5th Precinct in Chinatown on Friday morning, high-ranking police sources said Thursday. He will be arrested on a criminal complaint charging him with second-degree manslaughter, which could carry a jail term of up to 15 years, according to prosecutors.

We can confirm that Daniel Penny will be arrested on a charge of Manslaughter in the Second Degree,” a spokesman for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said in a statement. “We cannot provide any additional information until he has been arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court, which we expect to take place tomorrow.”

The DA’s office had faced pressure to bring chargesas its investigation into the May 1 encounter progressed.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/11/daniel-penny-expected-to-surrender-to-face-criminal-charges-in-jordan-neely-chokehold/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:26:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

A couple years ago, my wife talked about visiting New York City to see the Statue of Liberty and the 911 memorial site

No way in hell!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Daniel Penny surrenders to police to face manslaughter charge in chokehold death of Jordan Neely on NYC subway

Breaking news update, published at 8:07 a.m. ET]

Daniel Penny, a US Marine veteran who held homeless street artist Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold on a New York subway train, has surrendered to police to face a second-degree manslaughter charge.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/12/us/jordan-neely-daniel-penny-new-york-subway-death-charge/index.html

Offline verga

He deserves a medal,not a trial.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 Wonder what outrageous bail they will saddle him with. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wonder what outrageous bail they will saddle him with.

Probably No Bail, keep him locked up to satisfy the mob.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If anyone sees a GoFundMe account post it here..I will contribute....

The family of this thug had a huge High School picture of Neely at their presser...disgusting...only thing missing right now is Crumb, to *represent* the family..
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Go fund me probably will close it down. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
GiveSendGo - the Christian fundraiser that backed Kyle Rittenhouse - brings in $250k for Marine vet Daniel Penny as he faces manslaughter charge for chokehold death of homeless man
Penny has been charged with second degree manslaughter in New York City
A fundraising page for him has raised more than $250,000 so far 
By JEN SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:44 EDT, 12 May 2023 | UPDATED: 12:00 EDT, 12 May 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12077191/GiveSendGo-page-raises-100k-Marine-veteran-Daniel-Penny-hes-charged-Jordan-Neely-death.html

The website @mystery-ak

https://www.givesendgo.com/daniel_penny
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
At the site: Raised: USD $ 326,404

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GiveSendGo - the Christian fundraiser that backed Kyle Rittenhouse - brings in $250k for Marine vet Daniel Penny as he faces manslaughter charge for chokehold death of homeless man
Penny has been charged with second degree manslaughter in New York City
A fundraising page for him has raised more than $250,000 so far 
By JEN SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:44 EDT, 12 May 2023 | UPDATED: 12:00 EDT, 12 May 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12077191/GiveSendGo-page-raises-100k-Marine-veteran-Daniel-Penny-hes-charged-Jordan-Neely-death.html

The website @mystery-ak

https://www.givesendgo.com/daniel_penny

Thanks @bigheadfred
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In custody.....

"Disgraceful. This is an all in moment for the country and everyone who claims to support it. If this man is allowed to be lynched, everyone else may as well wait for their own trip to the gulag, it will be inevitable." (Video)

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1657064726063648775