Author Topic: Top Republicans excoriate FBI for noncompliance with subpoena for alleged Biden bribery doc  (Read 366 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top Republicans excoriate FBI for noncompliance with subpoena for alleged Biden bribery doc

"While the FBI has failed to produce the specific document by the subpoena deadline, their offer to provide an accommodation process in response to our legitimate request indicates the document is real," Grassley said.

By Ben Whedon
Updated: May 10, 2023 - 5:39pm

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer and Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley on Wednesday fumed as the FBI failed to meet a subpoena deadline to provide congressional investigators with a form that allegedly details a bribery scheme between then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national.

The Republicans revealed in early May that the FBI had an FD-1023 in its possession detailing the allegations and confirmed they had issued a subpoena to obtain the document. Comer and Grassley learned of the form's existence from a whistleblower. The form allegedly includes a "precise description" of the scheme and its purpose.

The FBI, however, did not honor the subpoena by the deadline. Instead, acting Assistant Director of the bureau's Office of Congressional Affairs Christopher Dunham wrote to Comer on Wednesday, informing him that the bureau had to be mindful of "executive branch confidentiality interests and law enforcement responsibilities."

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/top-republicans-excoriate-fbi-noncompliance-subpoena-alleged-biden-bribery
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  the bureau had to be mindful of "executive branch confidentiality interests and law enforcement responsibilities."

This must be something new since I don't remember them being particularly mindful when Trump was POTUS. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
FBI is now fully politicized and weaponized.
The Pubbies are gonna be stood up on this (and on much to come)...

Offline The_Reader_David

Send the House Sargent-at-Arms to arrest a few FBI officials.  Yes, that is really something that can be done.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Future Whistleblowers...make copies of incriminating evidence...just saying.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The J6 committee repeatedly got the courts to force everyone to hand over the records they wanted, so it can be done again.
The Republic is lost.