Author Topic: Biden says power plants have to reduce pollution by 90% or shut down:  (Read 1206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says power plants have to reduce pollution by 90% or shut down: EPA announces strict guidelines for green agenda that has already sparked backlash from Republicans and Democrat Joe Manchin

The Biden administration is proposing new limits on greenhouse gas emissions from coal and gas-fired power plants
    It's the most ambitious effort yet to roll back planet-warming pollution from the nation's second-largest contributor to climate change
    A rule to be unveiled Thursday by the Environmental Protection Agency could force power plants to capture smokestack emissions

By Associated Press

Published: 08:16 EDT, 11 May 2023 | Updated: 08:28 EDT, 11 May 2023

The Biden administration is proposing new limits on greenhouse gas emissions from coal and gas-fired power plants, its most ambitious effort yet to roll back planet-warming pollution from the nation's second-largest contributor to climate change.

A rule to be unveiled Thursday by the Environmental Protection Agency could force power plants to capture smokestack emissions using a technology that has long been promised but is not in widespread use in the U.S.

If finalized, the proposed regulation would mark the first time the federal government has restricted carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants, which generate about 25% of U.S. greenhouse gas pollution, second only to the transportation sector.

The rule also would apply to future electric plants and would avoid up to 617 million metric tons of carbon dioxide through 2042, equivalent to annual emissions of 137 million passenger vehicles, the EPA said.

Almost all the coal plants - along with large, frequently used gas-fired power plants - would have to cut or capture nearly all their carbon dioxide emissions by 2038, the EPA said.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12072495/Biden-says-power-plants-reduce-pollution-90-shut-down.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

These regulations absolutely must be overturned by the next republican administration.

Online andy58-in-nh

Greenhouse gases are not "pollution". They are absolutely necessary to all life on Earth.

This is anti-science madness, and a real threat to both public safety and human life.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden and the Gaia worshipers are insane! First they attack C02 which is a tiny tiny part of the atmosphere and necessary to the continuation of life on Earth, what's next? Considering the flat out stupidity of these people and their race to eliminate much of the population and push the rest into 1700's I wouldn't be surprise if their next target will be the most abundant greenhouse gas on the planet, H20!

Water vapor is Earth's most abundant greenhouse gas. It's responsible for about half of Earth's greenhouse effect — the process that occurs when gases in Earth's atmosphere trap the Sun's heat.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Biden and the Gaia worshipers are insane! First they attack C02 which is a tiny tiny part of the atmosphere and necessary to the continuation of life on Earth, what's next? Considering the flat out stupidity of these people and their race to eliminate much of the population and push the rest into 1700's I wouldn't be surprise if their next target will be the most abundant greenhouse gas on the planet, H20!

Water vapor is Earth's most abundant greenhouse gas. It's responsible for about half of Earth's greenhouse effect — the process that occurs when gases in Earth's atmosphere trap the Sun's heat.

Drain the oceans!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

With each Green Communist dictate, he is giving away more of America's competitive advantages to the BRICS nations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once more, Fishrrman's credo (very appropriate here):
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Offline LMAO

These regulations absolutely must be overturned by the next republican administration.

I can’t guarantee that things will get better when these people are gone

But I can guarantee they’re gonna stay bad as long as these people are in charge
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Again, conservatives MUST win in '24.  I don't know how that will be accomplished, but this country will collapse if we don't.

We seriously need a miracle.  Prayers up for this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
What concern could there possibly be?  Anything Biden does has to be better than anything Trump does or did.  Never Trumpers swore to us until they disappeared and never existed.  Regardless of how long they fought to get Biden elected, and Trump defeated!
Did hitlery never exist either?
 :smokin:
 :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :mauslaff:
Due recompense has arrived!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EPA proposes emissions standards that could kill coal, and cripple gas OFFICIAL EPA RELEASE
By CFACT Ed |May 11th, 2023|5 Comments

As China and India build coal plants as fast as their economies will go, the Biden Administration released plans to require carbon capture using unaffordable technology that does not really exist.  Will this carbon power grab survive judicial review?  Read EPA’s full press release:

New proposed standards for coal and new natural gas fired power plants would avoid more than 600 million metric tons of CO2 pollution, while also preventing 300,000 asthma attacks and 1,300 premature deaths in 2030 alone

May 11, 2023

WASHINGTON  – Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed new carbon pollution standards for coal and natural gas-fired power plants that will protect public health, reduce harmful pollutants and deliver up to $85 billion in climate and public health benefits over the next two decades.

The proposal for coal and new natural gas power plants would avoid up to 617 million metric tons of total carbon dioxide (CO2) through 2042, which is equivalent to reducing the annual emissions of 137 million passenger vehicles, roughly half the cars in the United States. Through 2042, EPA estimates the net climate and health benefits of the standards on new gas and existing coal-fired power plants are up to $85 billion.

The proposals would also result in cutting tens of thousands of tons of particulate matter (PM2.5), sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxide, harmful air pollutants that are known to endanger people’s health, especially in communities that for too long have disproportionally shouldered the burden of high pollution and environmental injustice. In 2030 alone, the proposed standards would prevent:

https://www.cfact.org/2023/05/11/epa-proposes-emissions-standards-that-could-kill-coal-and-cripple-gas-official-epa-release/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Let's fix that title:

EPA proposes emissions standards that could kill millions of the elderly and infirmcoal, and cripple gas

Online andy58-in-nh

Let's fix that title:
EPA proposes emissions standards that could kill millions of the elderly and infirm.

Seriously.

None of this stuff makes any sense until you realize that the ultimate goal of the WEF/EPA/Environmental radical movement is not to reduce carbon, but to reduce humans.

Without fossil fuels, millions will freeze to death or succumb to excessive heat.

Without nitrogen fertilizers, millions will starve to death.

These are not unintended byproducts, but predictable consequences of intentional policies.

What are we prepared to do about it?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline MOD3

Merged threads.

Online mountaineer

They're really trying to kill us. I'm convinced of it.
WVGOP Chairwoman Statement on New EPA Regulations

Charleston, W.Va. – West Virginia Republican Party Chairwoman Elgine McArdle issued the following statement following an announcement by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that all coal and gas firing power plants will have to slash emissions by 90% before the year 2040:

“The Biden administration is waging a war on coal and American energy, which is a war on the values and pocketbooks of every West Virginian. Last year, the United States Supreme Court struck down a similar 2015 rule proposed by the Obama administration. Now, President Biden is proposing another regulation designed to cripple American energy, destroy our power grid, and ruin West Virginia” said West Virginia Republican Party Chairwoman Elgine McArdle.

“President Biden is controlled by the far-left. This announcement will force almost all coal plants in West Virginia to close. It is simply devastating. We have seen time and time again that President Biden doesn’t have the interests of West Virginia at heart. Unfortunately, he is continually enabled by Senator Joe Manchin. There is no difference between Joe Biden and Joe Manchin. Joe Biden shuts down coal plants and cripples the economy of West Virginia. Joe Manchin enables him.”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy asks:
"What are we prepared to do about it?"

Once again, I'll ask:
Is it time yet for the red states to convene a new "Heartland Continental Congress"?

Do you really, really think that the existing country, with its legions of leftists, can be "fixed" or restored to anything that resembles normalcy?

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Government officials have been telling us for years to cut back on air conditioning and electrical uses during peak energy hours, and now they are telling us to buy electric cars to further tax the already crippled system.  Moreover they're enacting cukoo laws like "no more gas stoves, use all electric."   These are the same lunatics who champion transgender insanity, men competing against women and acting as if they ARE women, brainwashing innocent little children.

Woe be it unto you when you call good evil and evil good.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Government officials have been telling us for years to cut back on air conditioning and electrical uses during peak energy hours, and now they are telling us to buy electric cars to further tax the already crippled system.  Moreover they're enacting cukoo laws like "no more gas stoves, use all electric."   These are the same lunatics who champion transgender insanity, men competing against women and acting as if they ARE women, brainwashing innocent little children.

Woe be it unto you when you call good evil and evil good.
And while democrats and Gaia worshiping communists tell Americans they have to lower their standard of living they are importing millions of illegals to add to the strain on our already stressed resources. Biden says...........lot's of stupid things.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sometimes ya just gotta wonder what color the sky is on his home planet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

Assuming of course that there will BE another Republican administration. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
With each Green Communist dictate, he is giving away more of America's competitive advantages to the BRICS nations.

@DefiantMassRINO

NOT true!

Biden doesn't GIVE anything to anybody. If you want something from him,you have to pay cash.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Again, conservatives MUST win in '24.  I don't know how that will be accomplished, but this country will collapse if we don't.

We seriously need a miracle.  Prayers up for this country.

@libertybele

What we need to do is keep on electing "insider Party People" because if anybody knows what needs to be changed is the people who helped create the problem,right?

And above ALL,it can NOT be someone that is rich or rude!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Let's fix that title:

@Kamaji

You forgot to add "And would further bankrupt America."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seriously.

None of this stuff makes any sense until you realize that the ultimate goal of the WEF/EPA/Environmental radical movement is not to reduce carbon, but to reduce humans.

@andy58-in-nh

I really do believe that to be true. They will want to leave enough alive to have a reliable "servant class" to serve them,but no way in HELL do they want to spend any money providing for the needs of the "great unwashed" that they PRETEND to champion today.

Then again,they probable think that poor Mexicans make better servants than poor Americans because poor Americans get welfare,free housing,free food,etc,etc,etc,and don't have to work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Andy asks:
"What are we prepared to do about it?"

Once again, I'll ask:
Is it time yet for the red states to convene a new "Heartland Continental Congress"?

Do you really, really think that the existing country, with its legions of leftists, can be "fixed" or restored to anything that resembles normalcy?

@Fishrrman

Yes,but not without a LOT of gunfire.

Which,of course,is why the gooberment wants to disarm us. Armed Americans are seen as a threat to the ruling class,not potential servants.

Which is WHY we have the Second Amendment.