Author Topic: Trump refuses to call Putin a war criminal  (Read 1163 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Trump refuses to call Putin a war criminal
« on: May 11, 2023, 12:30:12 pm »

When a journalist asked if Trump considered the Russian president a war criminal, he said: "I think it should be discussed later."

"If you say he’s a war criminal it’s going to be a lot tougher to make a deal to make a deal to get this thing [the war – ed.] stopped," Trump said.

The former US president believes that the charges against Putin should be discussed "later".

More: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-refuses-call-putin-war-024734949.html

Sorry, but Putin is a war criminal and you can't deal with a war criminal.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump refuses to call Putin a war criminal
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 12:56:42 pm »

Sorry, but Putin is a war criminal and you can't deal with a war criminal.

My opinion is that Putin is a war criminal.  But I am a common citizen and  not a former and possibly future POTUS, who has to weigh in on potential tribunal evidence with due process.....then  consider what and how I say thing as it applies to that process. 

But this isn't a concept, I expect you to understand....

Just like you calling my confederate veteran soldiers traitors, who had to defend their homes from an invason.  Sorry bud, but sometimes you say the most short sided,  uninformed things.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:07:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 03:02:54 pm »
My opinion is that Putin is a war criminal.  But I am a common citizen and  not a former and possibly future POTUS, who has to weigh in on potential tribunal evidence with due process.....then  consider what and how I say thing as it applies to that process. 

But this isn't a concept, I expect you to understand....

Just like you calling my confederate veteran soldiers traitors, who had to defend their homes from an invason.  Sorry bud, but sometimes you say the most short sided,  uninformed things.

I understand the process and the process is this: Russia leaves all of Ukraine (including Crimeria) and pays reparations for the damage they done.

As someone who has ancestors who did fight for the fake nation (known as the Confederate States of America).  The CSA started the war and we responded in kind.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 03:09:59 pm »

I understand the process and the process is this: Russia leaves all of Ukraine (including Crimeria) and pays reparations for the damage they done.

As someone who has ancestors who did fight for the fake nation (known as the Confederate States of America).  The CSA started the war and we responded in kind.
The war began when the armies of Mass. and Pa. invaded Maryland. The first KIA of the war were troops killed in the Pratt Street Riots in Baltimore. Maryland was occupied (parts congenially, others not so much) for the duration and remained a slave state during the union occupation until 1865 (it was not officially a "state in rebellion", so the Emancipation proclamation meant nothing). (So much for slavery being the issue, otherwise the Union would have declared those slaves free, too).

What's the difference between a "fake nation" and a "real nation" (as seen in retrospect)?

The "real nation" won and got to write the history books.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:11:42 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 03:14:07 pm »
Putin is a war criminal.

He is engaging in ethnic cleansing in Donbas.

His forces are committing crimes against humanity upon the civilian population.  Putin makes no distinction between military, economic, and civilian targets.

The bastard targeted a baby hospital.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 05:17:04 pm »
Putin is a war criminal.

He is engaging in ethnic cleansing in Donbas.

His forces are committing crimes against humanity upon the civilian population.  Putin makes no distinction between military, economic, and civilian targets.

The bastard targeted a baby hospital.

That is why Trump's answer was dumb.  Putin is a war criminal.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 06:04:47 pm »
I think Trump's position on calling Putin a war criminal at this point is generally correct, although he could and should have pointed out the seriousness of a lot of the accusations.  If you make a formal declaration that Putin is a war criminal (even if he is...), it may make a negotiated settlement harder.

The truth is that regardless of whether or not Putin is a war criminal, he's never going to be held accountable for it because nobody is going to invade Russia to hunt him down and take him into custody.  That's not going to happen, nor is any form of "reparations" no matter how much they might be warranted.  And for the exact same reason -- nobody is going to want to invade Russia to enforce them.

That being said, the rest of what Trump said about that war is a complete deal-breaker for me.  Not being willing to say that he sided with Ukraine at all, and making it clear that he was in favor of ending all aid to Ukraine right off the bat, are things for which I could never vote.   He's basically given Russia every incentive to keep the war going in the hope that Trump wins in 2024 and forces a ceasefire upon terms very favorable to Russia.

It's honestly enough so that I may reconsider not voting in the Presidential election.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 06:07:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 06:26:03 pm »
The war between Russia and Ukraine has been on going.  Russia escalated the war after Biden took office.  Zelenskyy was given $$ by Brandon before the escalation stared and announced that he felt Putin was going go escalate the war before Putin stepped up his game.

Putin may be committing war crimes, but Zelelnskyy is not innocent by any means; he's been given billions of $$ and keeps asking for more. He's lining his pockets.

IMHO we should keep our noses out of the war between Russia and Ukraine.  With continuing to aid Ukraine, the war will only continue and Brandon will continue to line his pockets.

No, I am not condoning what Putin is doing.

Yes, I am heavily criticizing the billions that Brandon has thrown at this war to protect Ukraine's borders when he's got a complete and overwhelming CRISIS now at our own border. Where are the billions to build a wall, man and patrol it and enforce existing laws???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 06:37:09 pm »
Yes, I am heavily criticizing the billions that Brandon has thrown at this war to protect Ukraine's borders when he's got a complete and overwhelming CRISIS now at our own border. Where are the billions to build a wall, man and patrol it and enforce existing laws???

That's a false dichotomy.  Supporting Ukraine and our failure to secure our own borders have literally nothing to do with each other.

Our southern border is open not because we lack the money to secure it, but because the current Administration does not want it secured.  This Administration literally stopped building a wall even when the materials had already been purchased and were just sitting there.  They didn't want it secured long before Russia invaded Ukraine, and they won't want it secured if the war in Ukraine were to end today.

To me personally, abandoning Ukraine makes us orders of magnitude less safe because absolutely nobody anywhere will trust that we will ever back up anyone.  That is going to invite aggression and expansionism by China, Iran, and others.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 06:44:07 pm »
That's a false dichotomy.  Supporting Ukraine and our failure to secure our own borders have literally nothing to do with each other.

Our southern border is open not because we lack the money to secure it, but because the current Administration does not want it secured.  This Administration literally stopped building a wall even when the materials had already been purchased and were just sitting there.  They didn't want it secured long before Russia invaded Ukraine, and they won't want it secured if the war in Ukraine were to end today.

To me personally, abandoning Ukraine makes us orders of magnitude less safe because absolutely nobody anywhere will trust that we will ever back up anyone.  That is going to invite aggression and expansionism by China, Iran, and others.

Bull.  If the government can afford to protect another country's border they sure as heck can afford to protect ours.  Ukraine has been put first and we are forced to accept ILLEGALS and we will bear the brunt of supporting them as well.

Abandoning Ukraine would make us less safe?  Letting ILLEGALS from ALL parts of the world come across our border is what is making us less safe.  Time to stop giving Ukraine billions and redirect that money and focus on our own border, security and sovereignty!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 06:50:05 pm »
Bull.  If the government can afford to protect another country's border they sure as heck can afford to protect ours.

You didn't address my point.  Of course we can AFFORD to protect our own borders.  The issue isn't AFFORDING it, but rather that the Biden Administration doesn't want to secure the border, and wouldn't do it even if it was FREE.  And the evidence of that is that the Administration stopped protecting our borders, and stopped building the wall, even though materials had already been purchased (and they've had to pay for storage), BEFORE the war in Ukraine even began.  The evidence is staring you right in the face through all of 2021 and the first two months of 2022.  There was no war in Ukraine AND the Biden Administration didn't secure the border.

Abandoning Ukraine would make us less safe?  Letting ILLEGALS from ALL parts of the world come across our border is what is making us less safe.  Time to stop giving Ukraine billions and redirect that money and focus on our own border, security and sovereignty!

If you seriously believe that Biden and the Democrats in the Senate would start securing the southern border if the war in Ukraine were to end, then you haven't been paying attention.  Or you've been paying too much attention to looney-tunes on the right who keep making that ridiculous argument.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 09:39:22 pm »
My favorite part was when Donald promised to end the war in one day, and his fans applauded.  Let's never forget they are the ones who make this never ending bleepshow possible.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 09:43:36 pm »
You didn't address my point.  Of course we can AFFORD to protect our own borders.  The issue isn't AFFORDING it, but rather that the Biden Administration doesn't want to secure the border, and wouldn't do it even if it was FREE.  And the evidence of that is that the Administration stopped protecting our borders, and stopped building the wall, even though materials had already been purchased (and they've had to pay for storage), BEFORE the war in Ukraine even began.  The evidence is staring you right in the face through all of 2021 and the first two months of 2022.  There was no war in Ukraine AND the Biden Administration didn't secure the border.

If you seriously believe that Biden and the Democrats in the Senate would start securing the southern border if the war in Ukraine were to end, then you haven't been paying attention.  Or you've been paying too much attention to looney-tunes on the right who keep making that ridiculous argument.

I absolutely realize and have for decades that the DEMS aren't going to secure the border.  That's goes for some of the GOP as well.

My point is -- we should be spending $$ to secure our own borders instead of giving it away to another country to secure theirs. I am voicing my frustration and disgust. 

@Maj. Bill Martin  I'm not expecting anything.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 09:46:40 pm »
My favorite part was when Donald promised to end the war in one day, and his fans applauded.  Let's never forget they are the ones who make this never ending bleepshow possible.

Yeah,  I'm kind of resigned to the fact that may just be what the majority of the GOP is nowadays.   But I don't have to either like it or vote for it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 09:49:40 pm »

Overpromise, underperform.  Not what a good business manager is supposed to do.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 10:01:48 pm »

I think it's pretty clear he'd end military aid immediately, and drop the sanctions against Russia.  Just pressure the hell out of Ukraine to give in to Russian demands.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 10:14:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 10:10:53 pm »

IIRC, President Trump authorized the missile attack in Syria that ended up with the deaths of over 200 Russian military personnel.

So, I'll agree that saying he'd end it in ONE day is a stretch.

Let's give him a week.     wink777

His 1st term is Exhibit A.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 10:19:10 pm »
IIRC, President Trump authorized the missile attack in Syria that ended up with the deaths of over 200 Russian military personnel.

Well, @DCPatriot  The way this country is heading I don't know if we'll make it to Exhibit B.  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2023, 10:25:44 pm »

Would you be in favor of Trump committing U.S. forces directly to do something similar in Ukraine?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2023, 10:26:29 pm »
Well, @DCPatriot  The way this country is heading I don't know if we'll make it to Exhibit B.  :shrug:

@libertybele

Strange coincidence today, thought how much my Baby Boomer generation is responsible for the downfall of the United States of America as a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.  Of course my mind lasered in on the Clinton's FBI files left out in the open in the White House residence.

That's where I'd start the action-movie...from an ABSOLUTE POWER perspective (bedroom closet)   :yowsa:

Would be fun to start a conversation/thread here on where we could trace the 'terminal' cancer's source.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2023, 10:29:30 pm »
@libertybele

Strange coincidence today, thought how much my Baby Boomer generation is responsible for the downfall of the United States of America as a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.  Of course my mind lasered in on the Clinton's FBI files left out in the open in the White House residence.

That's where I'd start the action-movie...from an ABSOLUTE POWER perspective (bedroom closet)   :yowsa:

Would be fun to start a conversation/thread here on where we could trace the 'terminal' cancer's source.

Definitely would make for an interesting thread.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2023, 10:30:16 pm »

Yep
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2023, 10:32:05 pm »
Definitely would make for an interesting thread.

I'd enlist Matt and Trey, and go along these lines....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2023, 10:34:54 pm »
Would you be in favor of Trump committing U.S. forces directly to do something similar in Ukraine?

Of course not!  And he would NEVER!

He'd bring those 'advisors' Biden installed home immediately.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2023, 10:40:39 pm »
I'd enlist Matt and Trey, and go along these lines....

@catfish1957

:beer:   

Would love to watch an animated movie like America Police that begins with Hillary blackmailing everybody who is anybody in Washington and around the world.

That's also, btw, they fell into a cozy relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.

We could write in the Pizza Parlor that supplied human-trafficking in underage teens.

To see Barack and Michelle in animation would also be a hoot!