Author Topic: Ex-CIA Official: Morell Told Me ‘Someone’ from ‘Biden World’ Asked for Spy Letter Discrediting Lapto  (Read 230 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA Official: Morell Told Me ‘Someone’ from ‘Biden World’ Asked for Spy Letter Discrediting Laptop Story

Kristina Wong 10 May 2023

A former senior CIA official testified to Congress that former deputy CIA Director Michael Morell had told him that someone in the “Biden world” asked him about writing a letter suggesting the New York Post‘s Hunter Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation — contrary to what Morell had testified himself, according to an interim report released by House Republicans on Wednesday.

Marc Polymeropoulos, former CIA Acting Chief of Operations for Europe and Eurasia, who helped Morell draft the letter, told congressional investigators that Morell “did mention to me that someone in the kind of Biden world had asked about doing this,” according to the Republicans’ report.

When Polymeropoulos was asked to elaborate, he reiterated, according to the report: “Morell said that to me, that someone from kind of the Biden world had asked for this. And he did not tell me who it was or any of the other kind of details of it.”

That statement seemingly contradicts Morell’s testimony released last month.

According to Morell’s testimony, Secretary of State Antony Blinken — then a senior Biden campaign adviser — had asked him his thoughts about the Post’s story and whether he thought it was Russian disinformation, which triggered Morell to write the letter, although Blinken did not ask him to write it. More than 50 former intelligence and national security officials would ultimately sign the letter, which Joe Biden mentioned during a debate with then-President Donald Trump to discredit the laptop story.

According to the report released Wednesday, the only person Morell talked to before first reaching out to Polymeropoulos to help him draft the letter was Blinken. Morell testified:

The first thing I did when Mr. Blinken called me is I did some research. I had not read The New York Post article. I went and read it. I did some internet searches. I did a little bit of research here before I reached out to Marc.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/10/ex-cia-official-morell-told-me-someone-from-biden-world-asked-for-spy-letter-discrediting-laptop-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34