Author Topic: Ex-CIA Chief Who Wrote Hunter Biden Laptop Letter Still Has ‘Suspicions About a Russian Role’  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA Chief Who Wrote Hunter Biden Laptop Letter Still Has ‘Suspicions About a Russian Role’

Ashley Oliver 10 May 2023 Washington, DC

A coauthor of the statement 51 former intel officials wrote casting doubt on the Hunter Biden story in 2020 testified to Congress that he still had “suspicions” that Russia had involvement in the story’s publication, according to a congressional report published Wednesday.

Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell said that while he would have worded the statement “differently” because “we now know the emails are authentic,” he still stands by his concerns about Russia, according to the report.

The report provided an “interim” update on investigative work by the House Judiciary Committee, House Intel Committee, and Weaponization of the Federal Government Select Subcommittee.

It showed the below exchange between Morell and the committees:

Q. And, as you sit here today, do you believe the Russians were involved in the Hunter Biden laptop matter?

A. I don’t know. I mean, I still have suspicions, Congressman.

Q. Would you organize such a letter today knowing what you know now?

A. I would have to write it differently because we now know the emails are authentic, right? So you couldn’t say anymore we don’t know whether it’s information or disinformation. But I still have suspicions about a Russian role in these emails getting to The New York Post.

The committees also asked Morell if then-Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe’s public and unequivocal objection to the Russia angle had any influence on him as he sought to draft the statement and garner signatures for it.

“No,” Morell replied.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/10/ex-cia-chief-who-wrote-hunter-biden-laptop-letter-still-has-suspicions-about-a-russian-role/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Good for him

He’s not letting facts get in the way of his narrative
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy