Author Topic: Chinese Company Owns Us Tutoring Firm For Military And Schools  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Company Owns Us Tutoring Firm For Military And Schools
May 9, 2023

Princeton Review and Tutor.com say a Chinese private-equity firm has received regulatory approval to buy the test-prep company and online tutoring platform, more than 15 months after the acquisition closed.

Primavera Capital Group, based in Hong Kong, quietly purchased the well-known brands from Korean education company ST Unitas in January 2022, at a time of increased scrutiny of Chinese investment in the U.S.

Investments in the tech and infrastructure industries, or ones that deal with significant amounts of potentially sensitive personal data, are sometimes reviewed by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S., a federal panel that scrutinizes acquisition plans by foreign investors for national security concerns.

https://www.wealthx.com/intelligence-centre/daily-news/2023/chinese-company-now-owns-tutoring-firm-contracted-by-military-and-schools-in-u-s/#:~:text=Chinese%20Company%20Owns%20Us%20Tutoring%20Firm%20For%20Military,more%20than%2015%20months%20after%20the%20acquisition%20closed.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Chinese Company Owns Us Tutoring Firm For Military And Schools
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 05:11:57 pm »
The Chi-coms have their tentacles throughout American society, business, academia, and government thanks to Globalism and the World Trade Organization.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:11:36 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 09:56:58 pm »