Author Topic: Cali Governor Rejects Million Dollar Slavery Reparation Checks for Black Residents  (Read 447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cali Governor Rejects Million Dollar Slavery Reparation Checks for Black Residents

Peter Caddle 10 May 2023

California’s Democrat governor has seemingly rejected the idea of giving million-dollar slavery reparation checks to black residents of the state.

Gavin Newsom, the Democratic Party’s governor of California, has poured cold water on the idea that black residents of the state could receive million-dollar checks from the government as part of a push for slavery reparations.

The possibility of such seven-figure payments arose after the state’s independent slavery task force recommended that black residents of the state be paid in cash for issues caused by past instances of American racism such as slavery, with floating the idea of African-Americans in the state receiving as much as $1.2 million dollars in hard cash.

As such a move would likely cost the state around $800 billion, a figure approaching three times its annual budget, Newsom has seemingly become very keen to play down the idea that black residents could receive such gargantuan payments, instead telling Fox News that there was more to reparations than just money.

“This has been an important process, and we should continue to work as a nation to reconcile our original sin of slavery and understand how that history has shaped our country,” he told the broadcaster.

“Dealing with that legacy is about much more than cash payments,” he continued, arguing that the state would need to focus more on “breaking down barriers to vote, bolstering resources to address hate, enacting sweeping law enforcement and justice reforms to build trust and safety” and “strengthening economic mobility” rather than just giving Americans stacks of money.

The backtracking has seemingly both enraged and bemused California Assembly Republican Leader James Gallagher, who described the idea of reparations as “a fool’s errand from the start”.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/05/10/cali-governor-rejects-million-dollar-slavery-reparation-checks-for-black-residents/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec

This means Newsom isn't running in '24
But in the running for '28
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec

This means Newsom isn't running in '24
But in the running for '28

He could possibly enter in 2024, if Biden voluntarily steps down

But him taking that position is his understanding that reparation payments are unpopular and divisive. He would not take that position if he didn’t have presidential aspirations.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He's a racist I guess?

Offline libertybele

..."The possibility of such seven-figure payments arose after the state’s independent slavery task force"....

Independent slavery task force?   :thud:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
..."The possibility of such seven-figure payments arose after the state’s independent slavery task force"....

Independent slavery task force?   :thud:

It was a bipartisan panel. All black except for one Asian.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

It's all fun and games until it costs someone their own money.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

He's a racist I guess?
He's a Democrat, so that's a safe bet.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Newsom is just teeing this up as something he's behind in principle, but which is just too expensive for California to go it alone, and therefore if you support him, he'll take it to the next level and make it a national issue, where the federal taxpayer will be on the hook to pay these "reparations".

Offline PeteS in CA

Noisome is weaseling, trying to delay and diffuse discussion hoping black advocating "reparations" lose momentum and visibility. Der kunst die weasel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.