Author Topic: Gov. Hochul issues executive order as Title 42 expires Thursday  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Hochul issues executive order as Title 42 expires Thursday
May 10, 2023, 5:57amUpdated 29m ago
By: News 12 Staff

Gov. Kathy Hochul is issuing an executive order saying New York should prepare to support more asylum seekers as the emergency health restriction Title 42 expires Thursday.

Title 42, the COVID-19 era restriction put in place to reduce the influx of migrants into the United States, is set to expire on May 11. With more mask mandates lifted and people vaccinated, the policy seems to be no longer necessary.

The governor allocated more than $1 billion of next year's budget to support the city in quickly aiding the surge of those seeking asylum that they're expecting. According to the governor's order, that funding will allow the state to provide necessary resources to new arrivals including food, shelter, health care, and legal assistance.

It will also allow the state to increase its National Guard presence from 1,000 members to 1,500 at places with the highest demand like the Port Authority and shelter sites.

Title 42 is expected to end Thursday at midnight. The governor says she will continue working with the city on providing shelter to migrants as they arrive.

https://brooklyn.news12.com/gov-hochul-issues-executive-order-as-title-42-expires-thursday
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gov. Hochul issues executive order as Title 42 expires Thursday
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:34:19 pm »
Why an order?  NY is a sanctuary and has invited as many illegals as will fit in the state!  They don't need to know who they are as the federalies have that well in hand.  All these poor destitute people need are little things like healthcare, food, housing, transportation, protection, and jobs. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Gov. Hochul issues executive order as Title 42 expires Thursday
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:37:42 pm »
It seems these people are discovering virtue signaling costs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy