Author Topic: CIA fast-tracked letter that falsely suggested Hunter Biden laptop was Russia op By Miranda Devine  (Read 192 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CIA fast-tracked letter that falsely suggested Hunter Biden laptop was Russia op
By Miranda Devine   
May 9, 2023 5:04pm

The CIA conspired with former acting director Mike Morell and the Biden campaign to produce a letter falsely claiming that emails from Hunter Biden’s laptop were Russian disinformation — and solicited signatures from at least one former intelligence official, a staff report from the House Judiciary Committee is expected to reveal Wednesday.

Morell told the CIA’s Prepublication Classification Review Board (PCRB) that he needed the letter approved as an unusual “rush job” that day, October 19, 2020, in an effort to provide then-candidate Joe Biden ammunition in the final presidential debate to discredit The Post’s report on the Biden emails which had been published five days earlier.

That day, a CIA employee working for the PCRB solicited a signature for Morell’s letter from former CIA analyst David Cariens, according to a written statement by Cariens to the Subcommittees on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, and Intelligence.

Cariens explained that he had been speaking with the PCRB about the prepublication review of his own memoir and during that phone call the CIA employee “asked” him if he would sign the draft letter.

“When the person in charge of reviewing my book called to say it was approved with no changes, I was told about the draft letter. The person asked me if I would be willing to sign . . . I agreed to sign.”

Cariens told his wife, Janice Cariens, also a former CIA officer, about the letter and she also agreed to sign.

Morell directed the PCRB that “[t]his is a rush job, as it needs to get out as soon as possible.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/09/cia-fast-tracked-letter-that-falsely-suggested-hunter-biden-laptop-was-russia-op/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Weaponization Committee
@Weaponization

When pitching the Hunter Biden “intel” letter to reporters, @nick_shapiro, a former advisor to John Brennan, made sure to keep the Biden Campaign updated on its progress.

“This is what I gave them.”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

CIA Solicited Signatures For Hunter Biden Laptop Letter, Congressional Testimony Shows
Congressional testimony suggests the CIA solicited signatures for the Hunter Biden laptop letter circulated by the Biden campaign in 2020.
By: Sean Davis
May 09, 2023
The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) both solicited signatures for and eventually approved the infamous 2020 letter claiming that the Hunter Biden laptop story was a Russian disinformation plot, recent congressional testimony suggests. According to a report to be released Wednesday by the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, multiple former U.S. intelligence officials testified under oath about the CIA’s involvement in the distribution of the letter, which was eventually signed by more than 50 former senior U.S. intelligence officials.

“One signer of the statement, former CIA analyst David Cariens, disclosed to the Committees that a CIA employee affiliated with the agency’s Prepublication Classification Review Board (‘PCRB’) informed him of the existence of the statement and asked if he would sign it,” the House investigative report notes. “The Committees have requested additional material from the CIA, which has ignored the request to date.” ...
The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org