Author Topic: Ex-Trump campaign adviser Steve Cortes endorses DeSantis for 2024: ‘Best possible option to win the  (Read 448 times)

Offline libertybele

Ok ... still waiting for DeSantis to make a formal announcement.

Ex-Trump campaign adviser Steve Cortes endorses DeSantis for 2024: ‘Best possible option to win the presidency’

A former adviser to Donald Trump’s 2016 and 2020 presidential campaigns backed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Tuesday, saying the 44-year-old “represents the best possible option to win the presidency in 2024 and to govern as a highly capable, patriotic populist leader.”

“I have worked as a dedicated spokesman and advocate for Donald Trump for much of the last seven years, so I do not arrive at that conclusion flippantly,” Steve Cortes wrote in a Newsweek op-ed announcing his endorsement.

“But our America First movement has always been bigger and more important than any one individual, and heading into this crucial election, our activism and our votes must be guided by a clear-eyed assessment of recent failures and potential future successes.”

Cortes, now an adviser to the pro-DeSantis super PAC Never Back Down, said voters should opt out of a Biden-Trump rematch next year.

“The country is miserable,” Cortes said. “That’s not some biased or uninformed right-wing opinion, but the harsh reality revealed by data and evidence.”.................

https://nypost.com/2023/05/09/ex-trump-campaign-adviser-cortes-endorses-desantis-for-2024/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Why he moved from Team Trump to DeSantis:
Ron DeSantis for President | Opinion
Steve Cortes
On 5/9/23 at 10:00 AM EDT

Governor Ron DeSantis represents the best possible option to win the presidency in 2024 and to govern as a highly capable, patriotic populist leader.

I have worked as a dedicated spokesman and advocate for Donald Trump for much of the last seven years, so I do not arrive at that conclusion flippantly. But our America First movement has always been bigger and more important than any one individual, and heading into this crucial election, our activism and our votes must be guided by a clear-eyed assessment of recent failures and potential future successes.

Here are the three most compelling reasons to support Governor DeSantis: ...
Read more at Newsweek
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The bleeding from the Trump campaign continues.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump ridiculing Cortes and calling him an ungrateful loser in 3...2...1

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump may well win the nomination anyway.  But him running essentially unopposed in the GOP primary would have been a disgrace.

DeSantis should run and take his best shot, win or lose, to give the rest of us Republicans a real choice.

Online LMAO

Trump may well win the nomination anyway.  But him running essentially unopposed in the GOP primary would have been a disgrace.

DeSantis should run and take his best shot, win or lose, to give the rest of us Republicans a real choice.

I would say, as of now, it looks like Trump will be the nominee. But a lots gonna happen, and the primary season has yet to begin. At this time in 2007, I would’ve bet everything that Hillary Clinton was going to be the nominee for the Democrats in 2008.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump ridiculing Cortes and calling him an ungrateful loser in 3...2...1

RiV is over at TS gathering the insulting talking points.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
RiV is over at TS gathering the insulting talking points.

Tumpy's gone FDR populist. and the more those right of center understand that, the quicker his fall will be.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Tumpy's gone always been an FDR populist. and the more those right of center understand that, the quicker his fall will be.

Fixed.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline corbe

Where's the Trumpers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.