Author Topic: Watch: Liz Cheney Tests New Hampshire Waters with Anti-Trump Ad  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nick Gilbertson9 May 202334
2:58

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), who pledged last summer to “do whatever it takes” to stop former President Donald Trump from retaking the White House, rolled out an anti-Trump video advertisement in New Hampshire on Tuesday.

Cheney’s PAC, The Great Task, paid for the ad “Risk,” which first aired Tuesday morning, as NBC News reported. Cheney does not appear in the effort but narrates as footage from the January 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol riots plays throughout the majority of the ad.

“Donald Trump is the only president in American history who has refused to guarantee the peaceful transfer of power,” Cheney, who co-chaired the now-defunct January 6 Select Committee, says. “He lost the election, and he knew it. He betrayed millions of Americans by telling them the election was stolen. He ignored the ruling of dozens of courts.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agsf8HWgt8&t=3s&ab_channel=TheGreatTask

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/09/liz-cheney-tests-new-hampshire-waters-with-anti-trump-ad/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Watch: Liz Cheney Tests New Hampshire Waters with Anti-Trump Ad
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 08:24:30 pm »
Well, Liz, I trust your account (with heavily edited video) about as much as I trust Joe Biden.

Spend your money, buy a place in the Catskills, because Wyoming doesn't want you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 09:14:42 pm »
Sorry Liz, right now the democrats already have a nominee for resident and he already has a vice resident, so you are just SOL.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 09:28:44 pm »
Test the waters?  Too bad it isn't with an anvil strapped to her ankle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 09:39:47 pm »
My two cents; it's a powerful ad and there are still some who don't know or won't admit that the election was stolen and it was the DEMS and GOPe who staged and promoted the insurrection.

I believe she's going to make some headway.  Don't be surprised if she runs in 24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 09:47:41 pm »
When our eldest son lived in Wyoming at the time, I asked him how people there  felt about Liz Cheney.

He said regardless who won the Republican primary, that person would be their representative whether it was Liz Cheney or Harriet Hageman.

No way Wyoming votes for a Democrat

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:51:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 09:50:53 pm »
I think she'll run maybe on a 3rd party ticket, and she'll hope she just sucks enough votes to tip battle ground states it to the dims. Based on where she files we'll know her motives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 09:53:51 pm »
She could be formidable. She would be able to separate herself from the “MAGA Republican” label that has plagued the Republican Party since 2018.

She just doesn’t have any hope of getting past the Republican primary voters
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:57:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 09:56:19 pm »
She could be formidable. She would be able to separate herself from the “MAGA Republican” label that has played the Republican Party since 2018.

She just doesn’t have any hope of getting past the Republican primary voters

That's the rub of her doing her damage.  If she can force Trump/DeSantis to spend more money during the primaries, she gets a 2'fer.  Make spend needlessly in the primaries, and then pull the same stunt as a 3rd party candidiate.  Bitch is evil.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 10:09:26 pm »
That's the rub of her doing her damage.  If she can force Trump/DeSantis to spend more money during the primaries, she gets a 2'fer.  Make spend needlessly in the primaries, and then pull the same stunt as a 3rd party candidiate.  Bitch is evil.

I think that's something that most of us agree with.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 10:12:12 pm »
“Donald Trump is the only president in American history who has refused to guarantee the peaceful transfer of power,” Cheney, who co-chaired the now-defunct January 6 Select Committee, says. “He lost the election, and he knew it. He betrayed millions of Americans by telling them the election was stolen. He ignored the ruling of dozens of courts.”

That's where she loses me.  I believe there was some cheating/fraud, but I don't believe there was enough solid evidence to prove it was enough to swing the election.

That being said, I fully respect the fact that there are other people who do believe that, and I think Trump was one of them.  I still think he acted like a jackass on January 6 for not speaking out sooner, and for not discouraging it in the first place.  But I also don't believe that amounts to a criminal act on his part.

I detest Cheney regardless.  There were more than enough people in the media and in the Democratic party going after Trump.  What she did was essentially provide cover for the Biden Administration to do all sorts of skeevy stuff while telling everyone to look at how mean Donald Trump was.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:13:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 10:14:57 pm »
That's where she loses me.  I believe there was some cheating/fraud, but I don't believe there was enough solid evidence to prove it was enough to swing the election.

I agree with this part. The 2020 election was a mess with all the new Covid voting rules. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Trump was robbed of victory.

But it’s not a crime to believe the election was stolen. If that was the case, Al Gore, John Kerry, and especially Hillary Clinton would have been charged.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:16:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2023, 10:30:10 pm »
LMAO wrote:
"He said regardless who won the Republican primary, that person would be their representative whether it was Liz Cheney or Harriet Hageman."

It works exactly the same in the Bronx.
180 degrees the other way around.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2023, 01:13:22 am »

But it’s not a crime to believe the election was stolen. If that was the case, Al Gore, John Kerry, and especially Hillary Clinton would have been charged.

I agree completely with that.  Hell, the Dems practically beatified Stacey Abrams precisely because she challenged openly the result of an election.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:26:18 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2023, 01:16:31 am »
I agree completely with that.  Hell, the Dems beatified Stacey Abrams precisely because she challenged openly the result of an election.

Forgot about her.

Didn’t she also declare herself the Gov of Georgia even after her defeat was confirmed in the 2018 midterms?

Barry Goldwater

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2023, 01:39:14 am »
Forgot about her.

Didn’t she also declare herself the Gov of Georgia even after her defeat was confirmed in the 2018 midterms?
Yes. She did do exactly that. In fact, Abrams claimed she was the "real" governor for months after the election and may still make that claim today. Abrams never conceded the loss.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:40:17 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 02:16:55 am »
Y'all are forgettin' that it's okay when they do it.

Anyone else, and it's cause for the vapors, or a flat-out conniption fit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2023, 02:41:33 am »
   Trump will appoint her to be the Chairman of his Vice-Presidential Search Committe like GWB did her Daddy.  Omarosa is off in Italy making hemorrhoid commercials.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.