Author Topic: Chicago cop murder: 5 in custody after officer's shooting death, source says  (Read 471 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago cop murder: 5 in custody after officer's shooting death, source says
Areanah Preston, 24, was shot and killed outside her South Side home Saturday
Michael RuizBy Michael Ruiz | Fox News

Chicago police have taken at least four people into custody in connection with the shooting death of Officer Areanah Preston, who was shot multiple times outside her home early Saturday after returning from work.

Chicago police have apprehended five persons of interest in the shooting death of a 24-year-old officer who was killed steps from her mother’s doorstep Saturday morning after finishing a night patrol, according to law enforcement sources.

Four were taken into custody after a barricade situation at 76th and Bishop streets on Sunday night, about 5 miles from where Chicago Police Officer Areanah Preston was killed, a source told Fox News Digital Monday.

Charges were pending review by the state’s attorney’s office, which has 48 hours to file charges or release the suspects.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-officer-gunned-down-outside-home-was-24-year-old-who-just-got-off-work
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
For Chicago, trespassing seems about correct. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

... A total of five people were in custody by Monday night, according to CBS News.

Three females and two males have been charged with possession of a stolen vehicle and armed robbery.

Police said a sixth male suspect remained at large, CBS News reported.

The suspects were not immediately charged with Officer Preston’s murder, but a source with knowledge of the investigation said they are all connected to the slaying, according to CBS News.  ...

As she lay dying, the suspects stole her duty weapon and took off, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.  ...
https://policetribune.com/five-in-custody-in-connection-with-murder-of-chicago-cop-after-armed-standoff/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

This only the beginning especially with their new mayor

The lawless have been emboldened. If I was a Chicago cop, I’d leave ASAP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This keeps up and pretty soon I expect the police that are left to start disappearing these animals instead of bringing them in...just like the old days.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

The lawless have been emboldened. If I was a Chicago cop, I’d leave ASAP

Odds are those officers support the very same wherever they move. I imagine they vote overwhelming democrat just like the rest of the town. Just spitballing here, but that town would have to have a major bleed off (thousands) event before they even think about getting tough on crime.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 04:06:10 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So if she had just finished a night patrol, I suspect she was still in uniform while carrying her service weapon?

If so, this doesn't sound like a "robbery" to me as first reported... :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Szonian observed:
"...this doesn't sound like a "robbery" to me as first reported"

That's what I was going to post, but you beat me to it.
Sounds like a gang-banger hit...(perhaps only a "hit of opportunity", but a hit all the same)