Author Topic: Building a US Special Forces ‘Stealth Network’ on Taiwan  (Read 71 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Building a US Special Forces ‘Stealth Network’ on Taiwan
The U.S. is making preparations for Ukraine-style military operations on Taiwan.

By A. B. Abrams
May 03, 2023

Credit: Photo by USASOC Public Affairs
The U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) for the first time this century reported the initiation of drills simulating operations on Taiwan. The drills on April 27, which were part of annual capabilities exercises at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, were reported to involve practicing the insertion of personnel onto Taiwan. Troops fired recoilless rifles, breached tunnels, operated Switchblade drones, and, according to a report by Military.com, operated “other tools reflecting a seismic shift for the command as it prepares for potential conflict against major military rivals.”

Commander of USASOC Lieutenant General Jonathan Braga stated preceding the exercise that it reflected China’s emergence as “our true pacing challenge out there,” which he emphasized was in accordance with the latest U.S. National Defense Strategy.

Military exercises simulating fighting on Taiwanese soil, and the focus on special operations forces in particular, are especially significant when considering the recent discourse surrounding the United States’ position in the Taiwan Strait. In particular, the possibility has been raised that U.S. special forces could play a key role in contributing to a fight against the People’s Liberation Army, especially for training and logistics – a similar role to the one they are currently playing in Ukraine against Russian forces.

https://thediplomat.com/2023/05/building-a-us-special-forces-stealth-network-on-taiwan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson