Author Topic: Video Shows A Former Marine Putting A Homeless Man In A Deadly Chokehold In The NYC Subway – The Med  (Read 1565 times)

Online mountaineer

Richard Hanania
@RichardHanania
Jordan Neely kidnapped and dragged a 7 year-old girl down the street and got sentenced to 4 months in jail.
How does this happen? Contrary to what liberals think, it's really hard to end up in jail. The people there are generally scum of the earth. And so are many not in jail.
10:53 AM · May 5, 2023

Just one of his many crimes, apparently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Legal Expert Tells CNN Jordan Neely’s 42 Arrests Should Not Factor Into His Death
Julio Rosas

Jillian Snider, policy director for R Street's Criminal Justice and Civil Liberties, told CNN on Friday Jordan Neely's extensive criminal history should not factor in how he died because no one involved in the incident was aware about it.

Neely was put in a chokehold and subdued by passengers in New York City's subway system after he was screaming and threatening people on the train. He died after police and EMS arrived on scene. The man who had Neely in the chokehold is a Marine veteran and so far has not been charged with anything, though Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office is investigating.

"...Neely, which, obviously, this Marine wouldn’t have known this, had 42 arrests and also had three assaults between 2019 and 2021 on the subway for unprovoked attacks in the subway on females. How does that factor into how this is viewed?" CNN host Kaitlan Collins asked.

"It shouldn’t, because at the time of the incident no one knew Mr. Neely’s background, no one knew he had any kind of criminal history. Again, we can speculate now, oh, he had issues, he had 42 arrests, he was charged with assault on the subway system, but again, that’s all after the fact. So I don’t think that should be weighed in right now," said Snider, a former NYC police officer.

more
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=11.0
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Legal Expert Tells CNN Jordan Neely’s 42 Arrests Should Not Factor Into His Death
Julio Rosas

Jillian Snider, policy director for R Street's Criminal Justice and Civil Liberties, told CNN on Friday Jordan Neely's extensive criminal history should not factor in how he died because no one involved in the incident was aware about it.

Neely was put in a chokehold and subdued by passengers in New York City's subway system after he was screaming and threatening people on the train. He died after police and EMS arrived on scene. The man who had Neely in the chokehold is a Marine veteran and so far has not been charged with anything, though Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office is investigating.

"...Neely, which, obviously, this Marine wouldn’t have known this, had 42 arrests and also had three assaults between 2019 and 2021 on the subway for unprovoked attacks in the subway on females. How does that factor into how this is viewed?" CNN host Kaitlan Collins asked.

"It shouldn’t, because at the time of the incident no one knew Mr. Neely’s background, no one knew he had any kind of criminal history. Again, we can speculate now, oh, he had issues, he had 42 arrests, he was charged with assault on the subway system, but again, that’s all after the fact. So I don’t think that should be weighed in right now," said Snider, a former NYC police officer.

more
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=11.0

That's a reasonable position.  The question is whether his conduct at the time of the incident justified the actions that were taken against him; not whether he was a bad person generally and therefore in some abstract sense "deserved" what he got.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 5, 2023
Marine who put Jordan Neely in chokehold on NYC subway identified as Daniel Penny
By Craig McCarthy   
May 5, 2023 11:58am

The Marine who fatally choked Jordan Neely on an NYC subway this week is 24-year-old Daniel Penny, The Post has confirmed.

Penny — who has not been criminally charged — was captured on camera putting Neely, a 30-year-old homeless man, in a chokehold on the F train just before 2:30 p.m. Monday at a Lower Manhattan subway stop.

The West Islip man, whose name started to circulate on Twitter overnight, served as an infantry squad leader and an instructor in water survival while in the Marines Corps from 2017 to 2021, according to his online resume.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/05/marine-who-put-jordan-neely-in-chokehold-identified-as-daniel-penny/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
15h
A post on Reddit from nine years ago warns the public about #JordanNeely. The man’s death after being restrained by passengers has ignited BLM rage because one of the passengers involved appears to be white.

Online mountaineer

Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy
The moral of the Jordan Neely story isn’t complicated: he was a habitual offender who should’ve been behind bars or in a mental institution, not free to terrorize New Yorkers. This is what happens when local police aren’t allowed to do their jobs.
2:58 PM · May 5, 2023

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 5, 2023 2:58pm EDT
US Marine accused in NYC subway chokehold death could face charges next week: source
Jordan Neely died Monday on a subway car in Manhattan from compression of the neck

By Rebecca Rosenberg , Marta Dhanis | Fox News

A New York City grand jury could begin weighing charges against a former U.S. Marine for the subway chokehold death of Jordan Neely as early as next week, a law enforcement source told Fox News Digital.

The veteran was captured on viral cellphone video holding the erratic 30-year-old homeless man in a headlock Monday on a northbound F train until he lost consciousness and died.

Neely, who suffered from mental illness, allegedly stormed into the subway car at around 2:30 p.m.and began yelling aggressively at other passengers.

"He said he had no food, he had no drink, that he was tired and doesn't care if he goes to jail," freelance journalist Juan Alberto Vazquez told the New York Post.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-marine-accused-nyc-subway-chokehold-death-could-face-charges-next-week-source
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Here's what @AOC cut out of the video There was another guy helping restrain Jordan Neely, and he happened to be black  Seems like an important thing to leave out, @AOC". (Video)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1654511044113448962

Online cato potatoe

I hate to say it, but now may be a good time for this young man to flee the country.

Offline berdie

I wonder what other passengers on the subway think given that there has been so much violence.

I'm not talking about the SJWs protesting and waving signs.

Online Kamaji

I wonder what other passengers on the subway think given that there has been so much violence.

I'm not talking about the SJWs protesting and waving signs.

We shall see.  Their testimony will be very important in determining whether Mr. Penny's actions were reasonable under the circumstances.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We shall see.  Their testimony will be very important in determining whether Mr. Penny's actions were reasonable under the circumstances.

@Kamaji
Given that this is NYC and almost all of them have no choice but to ride the subway in the future,they are not going to say anything if they can help it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
cato wrote:
"I hate to say it, but now may be a good time for this young man to flee the country."

I tend to agree on principle.
NY will try to crucify him.

But as an alternative, I think Mr. Penny ought to quietly (and quickly) relocate to the state of Florida.

Let's see what Mr. DeSantis will do to protect him.
I realize the options are limited, but they'll be better than he's facing now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 5, 2023 4:00pm EDT
Far-left Dems accused of trying to 'provoke a mob' in NYC: 'Throwing matches in a tinderbox'
Douglas Murray says on 'Outnumbered' AOC and others are ramping up rhetoric after death of Jordan Neely

By Fox News Staff | Fox News

Fox News contributor Douglas Murray criticized the left's reaction to an incident on the New York City subway in which a homeless man was killed. Murray said on "Outnumbered" that some Democrats, like Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna Pressley, want to "provoke mobs."

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Of course, people like Nikole Hannah-Jones, like AOC, like a number of members of the Squad and others. You actually have to ask what they want when they do this thing, when they ramp up the rhetoric like this. To describe what happened as a lynching, as a public execution, to make all of these claims is like seeing people standing beside what they know to be a tinderbox and just like striking matches and throwing them into it to see what catches.

https://twitter.com/AyannaPressley/status/1653926555763236864

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/far-left-dems-accused-trying-provoke-mob-nyc-throwing-matches-tinderbox
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
May 5, 2023 4:00pm EDT
Far-left Dems accused of trying to 'provoke a mob' in NYC: 'Throwing matches in a tinderbox'
Douglas Murray says on 'Outnumbered' AOC and others are ramping up rhetoric after death of Jordan Neely

By Fox News Staff | Fox News

Fox News contributor Douglas Murray criticized the left's reaction to an incident on the New York City subway in which a homeless man was killed. Murray said on "Outnumbered" that some Democrats, like Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna Pressley, want to "provoke mobs."

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Of course, people like Nikole Hannah-Jones, like AOC, like a number of members of the Squad and others. You actually have to ask what they want when they do this thing, when they ramp up the rhetoric like this. To describe what happened as a lynching, as a public execution, to make all of these claims is like seeing people standing beside what they know to be a tinderbox and just like striking matches and throwing them into it to see what catches.

https://twitter.com/AyannaPressley/status/1653926555763236864

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/far-left-dems-accused-trying-provoke-mob-nyc-throwing-matches-tinderbox

@mystery-ak

First of all,his death was accidental,and provoked by his own actions.

Secondly,a black man helped the former Marine,a white man,subdue the lunatic,who was out of control.

Finally,he was a threat to EVERYBODY on that subway train,white,black,Asian,and mixed.

I will grant you that it a major way it was more the fault of the legal system in NYC than it was his fault,because he was insane at the time and therefore,not responsible for his own actions.

The people who are at fault are the mental health professionals and the judiciary in NYC that kept releasing him to the public. If you want to find fault,look THERE.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 11:24:16 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We cannot coexist with these people... don't you guys see it?

Basically they want blacks to do whatever they want to whites, without repercussions. How many blacks killed in Chicago in the last month, with not 1/100th of this outrage. All with the complicity of the media.

There's no coexisting with these people. They won't stop until we're all dead, period.

Offline goatprairie

We cannot coexist with these people... don't you guys see it?

Basically they want blacks to do whatever they want to whites, without repercussions. How many blacks killed in Chicago in the last month, with not 1/100th of this outrage. All with the complicity of the media.

There's no coexisting with these people. They won't stop until we're all dead, period.
We can coexist. But black Americans have to be bluntly told that they're not only not special, they're overall a huge drag on the country economically and civilly.
The black (Dem) pols like Pressley are the worst who say zip about the hundreds of white people actually murdered by blacks annually while screeching racism about a black nutcase who got himself deceased through his own insane actions.
Few people have the guts to tell blacks what an overall problem they are for the country.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
New York values (the criminal vaults anyone of value).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:14:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We can coexist. But black Americans have to be bluntly told that they're not only not special, they're overall a huge drag on the country economically and civilly.
The black (Dem) pols like Pressley are the worst who say zip about the hundreds of white people actually murdered by blacks annually while screeching racism about a black nutcase who got himself deceased through his own insane actions.
Few people have the guts to tell blacks what an overall problem they are for the country.

@goatprairie

That may be,and probably still is,true of a lot of blacks that were born and raised in big-city ghettos,but is NOT true of rural blacks.

I have lived in big cities,if you will accept Denver as a big city,as well as in rural areas,and I can tell you the difference between both the white and black denizens is completely different than those of both white and black people who live in rural areas. I have now been living in this one rural area since around 1975,and have YET to have ANY  sort of problem with anyone that lives around me,including the blacks. We don's socialize at the same parties or date each other's sisters much,but that doesn't mean we don't help each other when help is needed.

WHO your neighbors are is much more important than their skin color in rural areas.

I wish I had some sort of answer to the racial problems in cities,but I don't. The left had been radicalizing the blacks in the cities since at least the 1930's,and that is not going to go away anytime soon.

And,of course,bigotry from the blacks results in bigotry from the whites,and it becomes a human perpetual motion machine of hatred that flows in both directions.

BTW,practically  everybody I know uses the "N word" when talking with other whites,but this doesn't stop them from helping local blacks when they need help. I suspect the local blacks all use the "honkey" or "cracka" words when talking about whites amongst themselves,but just like the whites,they will help their neighbors regardless of their race if they need help.

It may not be "Paradise Found",but it sure seems to work to most everyone's satisfaction.

BTW,the last couple of years that I lived in Denver,I lived in a "Mexican" neighborhood,and was one of the few whites living there. I only had trouble a couple of times,and even then it was with drunken Mexicans who didn;t live in that neighborhood,but had girlfriends who did. I ran both of them off,and expected trouble,but had neighbors actually thank me for chasing them off. They couldn't do it themselves due to family connections.

I will admit that putting a 12 gauge barrel inside their ears and telling them to do what they thought best had a lot to do with them deciding to leave and not come back,and I will also confess to being as serious as a heart attack about blowing their bleeping heads off if they made the wrong decisions. When I am standing out in the street,barefoot and in my drawers at 1 AM during a snow storm,I am mad enough you need to listen closely to what I am telling you.

Never had one single moment of trouble with any of the locals,though. In fact,they were very friendly and helpful to me,including one time during a blizzard I got home around midnight and discovered my cat was stuck on someone's roof and freezing to death. There were several neighbors out in the yard trying to get her off the roof by calling her. We finally got a water hose and blasted her off the roof,and I then took her in the house and dried her off. NONE of these people were obligated in ANY  way to help me or the cat,but they knew it was my cat and they WANTED to help me. Those were good neighbors as well as good people.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:55:12 am by sneakypete »

Offline American Girl

I doubt you'll see this update in the media, because the media wants to stoke hatred and ignite riots in order to make money off it.

Seems like key details to leave out.

https://www.rightjournalism.com/new-video-shows-marine-daniel-perry-put-jordan-neely-in-the-recovery-position-stuck-around-to-help-him-passengers-on-the-train-complimented-him/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The protesters can go ahead and burn the city down. But the Marine should not be charged. I still want to know what really happened after the medical services people took charge.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline verga

The protesters can go ahead and burn the city down. But the Marine should not be charged. I still want to know what really happened after the medical services people took charge.
Why should it be any different then the rest of the Democrat enclaves.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.