Author Topic: Chicago police officer gunned down outside home was 24-year-old who just got off work  (Read 254 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
  May 8, 2023 11:14am EDT
Chicago police officer gunned down outside home was 24-year-old who just got off work
Chicago Police Officer Areanah Preston, 24, was shot and killed outside her South Side home Saturday

By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

A 24-year-old Chicago police officer was gunned down outside her South Side home Saturday, according to authorities.

Areanah Preston had served in the Chicago Police Department for three years in the Fifth District, authorities said.

Preston, after working a night shift, returned home around 1:45 a.m. Saturday, according to police. Around that time, police received an alert of shots fired on her block.

"Officers responded and found one of our own suffering gunshot wounds," the department's interim superintendent, Eric Carter, said during an emotional news briefing.

A responding officer rendered aid at the scene and rushed her to the University of Chicago Medical Center in the back of a squad car, he said. She succumbed to her injuries at the hospital – the same one where fellow Chicago Police Officer Ella French was taken.

"Right now, we ask that you keep the officer and her family in your prayers, as well as the men and women of the Chicago Police Department, who sacrifice everything, including their lives, on the line for this city every day," Carter said.

According to the Fraternal Order of Police, she was shot while trying to defend herself from an armed robbery.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-officer-gunned-down-outside-home-was-24-year-old-who-just-got-off-work
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 04:38:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

I've been getting ads on my spotify account for tourism to Chicago, and I am so tempted to call up the ad agency doing that spot and ask them what alternative reality they're from, because to my mind, taking a tourist trip to Chicago right now is on the Bad Ideas list.  Never know when you'd inadvertently wander into one of the killing neighborhoods in that city these days.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've been getting ads on my spotify account for tourism to Chicago, and I am so tempted to call up the ad agency doing that spot and ask them what alternative reality they're from, because to my mind, taking a tourist trip to Chicago right now is on the Bad Ideas list.  Never know when you'd inadvertently wander into one of the killing neighborhoods in that city these days.
I'd ask them what other war zones they give tours in...

Prayers up for the officer, her colleagues, and loved ones.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

I'd ask them what other war zones they give tours in...

Prayers up for the officer, her colleagues, and loved ones.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
One of the suspects in the murder of Chicago police officer Aréanah Preston over the weekend was arrested three times on gun charges in the span of a year (as well as another for pushing his mother down the stairs).
Two were dropped and one of them resulted in probation and community service.
Now a woman is dead.
Before we talk about taking guns from law abiding Americans, maybe left-wing politicians should start enforcing the ones on the books.
5:49 PM · May 8, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org