Author Topic: HSI Kansas City-led human trafficking operation removes predators from Missouri community. Joint HSI  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 4, 2023KANSAS CITY, MOHUMAN SMUGGLING/TRAFFICKING
HSI Kansas City-led human trafficking operation removes predators from Missouri community
Joint HSI, IPD operation nets 22 during 3-day operation
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Kansas City’s acting Special Agent in Charge Taekuk Cho announced the results of an HSI-led human trafficking operation May 3. The operation was initiated by the Kansas City Heartland Anti-Trafficking Rescue Taskforce and focused on identifying and rescuing victims who were being trafficked for sexual exploitation. HSI, with assistance from the Independence Police Department, arrested 22 individuals and rescued two trafficking victims.

“When individuals think of human trafficking, it often conjures up images of popular Hollywood movies that usually take place overseas, but in actuality this crime is happening right here in the Heartland,” said Cho. “That’s why educating the community on what human trafficking looks like, the efforts HSI and our law enforcement partners are making to eradicate the crime, and how to report it is so vitally important.”

On April 25 and 26, HSI and the Independence Police Department used undercover officers to contact suspected sex trafficking victims. During this operation, suspects chatted on several social media platforms with undercover agents and investigators who posed as sex buyers. Authorities arrested the suspects as they arrived at a prearranged meeting place.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-kansas-city-led-human-trafficking-operation-removes-predators-missouri-community
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson