Author Topic: Dept. of Energy Going After Dishwashers With New ‘Efficiency Rules’  (Read 174 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Monday, May 8, 2023

The standard for maximum per-cycle water consumption (gal/cycle) now is 5. Many newer dishwashers are 3.5. But the DoE wants to make it 3.3.

The Department of Energy quietly announced new dishwasher efficiency rules to save us money.

The standard for maximum per-cycle water consumption (gal/cycle) now is 5. Many newer dishwashers are 3.5. But the DoE wants to make it 3.3.

“This Administration is using all of the tools at our disposal to save Americans money while promoting innovations that will reduce carbon pollution and combat the climate crisis,” stated Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm. “With today’s announcements, DOE is making rapid progress to strengthen outdated energy efficiency standards—as directed by Congress and in coordination with our industry partners and stakeholders—and support healthier, safer communities for the American people.”

The Energy Department claims:

If adopted within DOE’s proposed timeframe, the new rule for dishwashers will come into effect in 2027. DOE expects the new rule to save consumers nearly $3 billion in utility bill savings over the ensuing 30 years of shipments and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 12.5 million metric tons—an amount roughly equivalent to the combined annual emissions of 1.6 million homes. DOE also expects the new rule to save 240 billion gallons of water, which is equivalent to the water in 360,000 Olympic-sized pools.

Okay, you know what I have noticed since I remodeled my house? New faucets are “efficient.” It’s taking me twice as long to rinse dishes and pans. I’m using the same amount of water I did before! The new toilets are “efficient.” I have to flush twice at times! Those aren’t courtesy flushes, either.

------

Make it stop. Please. Just stop it.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/05/dept-of-energy-going-after-dishwashers-with-new-efficiency-rules/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Great. One more appliance that will be designed to not get the job done.

Who are we saving all this water for? Golf courses?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Juan says WTF!