Author Topic: Biden’s EPA Chief Says ‘Environmental Justice’ Is In Agency’s ‘DNA’  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s EPA Chief Says ‘Environmental Justice’ Is In Agency’s ‘DNA’

HAROLD HUTCHISON
REPORTER
May 03, 2023
3:15 PM ET

00:27 / 00:30
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Michael Regan told a Senate subcommittee Wednesday that “environmental justice” was “built” into the agency’s “DNA.”

“At EPA, we’ve built environmental justice into our very DNA,” Regan told the Senate Appropriations Committee’s Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Subcommittee during a hearing on the agency’s budget request for fiscal year 2024. “And so, number one, we have some very concrete metrics that are attached to this $27 billion to be sure that disadvantaged communities and those who are disproportionately impacted have access to this capital.” (RELATED: Biden’s EPA Chief Claims New Emissions Crackdown Gives Consumers ‘Options’ To ‘Protect The Planet’)

The EPA announced plans for a $27 billion Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund in an April 19 release, which is separate from EPA’s budget request of $12.083 billion. The fund, which was authorized in the Inflation Reduction Act signed into law by President Joe Biden in August, provides up to 60 grants to states to expand solar energy projects in low-income or disadvantaged communities and will also fund at least two non-profits to promote clean energy technology, the release said.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/03/environmental-protection-agency-michael-regan-says-environmental-justice-is-in-agencys-dna/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That EPA "DNA" must also be infected with terminal stupidity, too.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

No, it's not.