Author Topic: New Study: 90% Of Recent Warming Is From Shortwave Cloud Forcing…Humans Contributed 0.03°C  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study: 90% Of Recent Warming Is From Shortwave Cloud Forcing…Humans Contributed 0.03°C
By Kenneth Richard on 8. May 2023

Data analysis again reveals the increase in absorbed shortwave forcing has been driving modern climate change since the 1970s. CO2 changes are more of an effect than a cause of temperature increases.

Scientists have for years been pointing to the causality sequencing problem inherent in the claim that CO2 is the driver of temperature changes.

The sequencing observation clearly supports the conclusion that variations in the CO2 growth rate lag changes in temperatures by about 4-10 months (Humlum et al., 2013, Koutsoyiannis and Kundzewicz, 2020, Koutsoyiannis et al., 2022). Effects can only lag – not lead – causes.

Wang et al. (2013) further estimate only 10% of the variance in global CO2 growth rates can be explained by fossil fuel emissions. Instead, there is a “strong and persistent coupling (r² ≈ 0.50) between interannual variations of the CO2 growth rate and tropical land-surface temperature during 1959-2011.”

https://notrickszone.com/2023/05/08/new-study-90-of-recent-warming-is-from-shortwave-cloud-forcing-humans-contributed-0-03c/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

So, even in the time period the alarmists are focused on, what is clear from paleoclimatology, the CO2 concentrations lag temperature increases, and thus are not a cause, can be seen.

I'm of the view that to the extent that human activity is responsible for warming, it's due primarily to "black carbon" -- mostly soot from coal burning, but also things like tire dust -- changing the albedo of the cryosphere, and to aggregate urban heat island effect.  Of course, fixing these doesn't give the UN, Washington, Whitehall or the EU an excuse to take over the energy economy, since fixing them means getting China, Russia, India, Poland and German to either stop burning coal, or install scrubbers like we did after the Clean Air act passed, and maybe encouraging light-colored roofs and roof-top garden (esp. in cities).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.