Author Topic: DeSantis says Trump deploying ‘Democrat attacks’ on Social Security, Medicare  (Read 5066 times)

Offline LMAO

Tip O'Neill was full of pizz and vinegar upon Reagan's Election in 80.  8 years later they were best of Friends.
   That is how you Govern, successfully.

They were actually good friends after 5 PM, Washington DC time

I am more of a Coolidge/Goldwater conservative. Maybe I’ll end up writing in Calvin Coolidge for the 2024 presidential election.  We can’t afford any more of the GWB/Obama/Trump/Biden era
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

A perspective.

Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
President Reagan increased the debt by $1.86 trillion, or by 186%. Reagan's supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. Reagan also increased the defense budget by 35%.2

Donald Trump
At the end of fiscal year 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt between fiscal year 2017 and fiscal year 2020, a 33.1% increase, largely due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and 2020 recession.

You got in the orange koolaid again, didn't you?

Actually, Reagan's trickle down economy lasted twenty years. Two decades. The most unprecedented growth in our history. Tumpy's didn't even make it through his own presidency.

And your numbers suck. Recheck your work.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They were actually good friends after 5 PM, Washington DC time

I am more of a Coolidge/Goldwater conservative. Maybe I’ll end up writing in Calvin Coolidge for the 2024 presidential election.  We can’t afford any more of the GWB/Obama/Trump/Biden era

They disagreed, fought hard, but never took it personally.  That's how Reagan was able to get so much of his agenda enacted in 1981 despite Democrats having a majority in the House.  Reagan could peel away enough Democrats on those votes because he didn't always make it "us" v. "them".  Trump so deliberately alienates as a personal matter everyone who disagrees with him that people refuse to support his agenda even if they agree with some of it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You got in the orange koolaid again, didn't you?

Actually, Reagan's trickle down economy lasted twenty years. Two decades. The most unprecedented growth in our history. Tumpy's didn't even make it through his own presidency.

And your numbers suck. Recheck your work.

Don't kill the messenger.  :shrug:

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

Not at all @kevindavis007   I'm of the opinion that Trump did so damn well inspite of forces from hell, bring him back!  We need him even more now.

The Uniparty and their weaponized DOJ, FBI, CIA are the enemy.  I don't know how talk radio got on your list, but it looks like you crossed some Marxist talking points.  You might want to check your notes.

So, amnesty for illegals was Reagan's agenda?  How about increasing the national debt ---- was this keeping a campaign promise?  Come to think of it, just what "Reagan agenda" did he get through Congress and sign into law?  Enlighten me.

:mauslaff:

In other words, Trump was such a lame failure as a leader, he couldn't get anything done, and you want sloppy seconds of a lame failure.

Wow.  The cult of personality runs deep.

Offline LMAO

MAGA’s are all over the map when it comes to the debt incurred under Donald Trump’s watch it’s hard to tell what their position is. They either do a “Reagan did it, too(which is true)” or make the dubious claim that Donald Trump had nothing to do with it because it was all spending agreements made by the previous administration. Or, failing  at those two, and this one makes me smile, he was afraid to fight Congress over spending so he was forced to sign

But when Trump entered office, debt to GDP ratio was already over 100%. He helped grow that. And I suppose if you wanted to make an argument over Covid spending, that would be a fair argument to make.

The problem is he’s promising even more spending should he be reelected.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 04:56:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

In other words, Trump was such a lame failure as a leader, he couldn't get anything done, and you want sloppy seconds of a lame failure.

We are tribal and emotional beings. We are made to form emotional bonds and defend our “tribes” against all enemies, real or perceived

I would think the last group of people anybody would want to form emotional bonds with are people running for office. They should all be viewed with a healthy amount of skepticism simply because they wield power.

Reagan’s granting of amnesty for illegal immigrants was probably the biggest black eye of his presidency. US policy should never be to reward people who don’t follow our laws.

I remember when he did that and people swarmed over the border
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 05:00:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

A perspective.

Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
President Reagan increased the debt by $1.86 trillion, or by 186%. Reagan's supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. Reagan also increased the defense budget by 35%.2

Donald Trump
At the end of fiscal year 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt between fiscal year 2017 and fiscal year 2020, a 33.1% increase, largely due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and 2020 recession.

Then how come Trump lost?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Piss Poor Political Practice
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

It was just a fluke* that he beat hellary, IMHO.

* fluke

an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online kevindavis007

Piss Poor Political Practice

So you want another round Piss Poor Political Practice?

Online kevindavis007

* fluke

:yowsa:

Offline libertybele

The election was stolen period.  End of story. We're going to be up against the same scenario in '24; nothing has changed and now we have MILLIONS of ILLEGALS that will more than likely be granted amnesty and given voting rights.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

He didn't.

If he didn't he would still be in office.

Offline LMAO

* fluke

A lot of Democrats stayed home in 2016 because they thought Hillary already had it in the bag

They didn’t make that mistake in 2018, 2020, and especially 2022. And Trump only won because our system elects presidents based on the electoral college, not the popular vote. It’s a little something that the framers had the wisdom to put in the constitution to keep the more populated areas from easily dominating less populated areas

After Trump lost in 2020, I remember having a conversation with somebody who was upset that Donald Trump won in 2016 and wanted the electoral college abolished. I told him he would’ve switched his position if Donald Trump won the popular vote but Biden won the EC

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

A lot of Democrats stayed home in 2016 because they thought Hillary already had it in the bag

They didn’t make that mistake in 2018, 2020, and especially 2022. And Trump only won because our system elects presidents based on the electoral college, not the popular vote. It’s a little something that the framers had the wisdom to put in the constitution to keep the more populated areas from easily dominating less populated areas

After Trump lost in 2020, I remember having a conversation with somebody who was upset that Donald Trump won in 2016 and wanted the electoral college abolished. I told him he would’ve switched his position if Donald Trump won the popular vote but Biden won the EC

I bet you if the opposite happened, a lot of MAGA people would be calling for the Electoral College to go away.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

The election was stolen period.  End of story. We're going to be up against the same scenario in '24; nothing has changed and now we have MILLIONS of ILLEGALS that will more than likely be granted amnesty and given voting rights.

It wasn't stolen. He ran a crappy campaign end of story.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

So you want another round Piss Poor Political Practice?

As it stands now.

Offline LMAO

It wasn't stolen. He ran a crappy campaign end of story.

I wouldn’t say he ran a crappy campaign. He was just very unpopular with the general electorate

After Hillary lost in 2016, I went to check out, left-wing blogs to see what they had to say about it and they made all the same claims about the stolen election. Russian interference caused her loss. Faulty voting machines. You name it.

That doesn’t mean I don’t agree that the 2020 election, with the stupid Covid rules, was a mess and that there needs to be some cleaning up. But I will remain very agnostic on the idea that 2020 was stolen from Trump.

I know it stings to lose. And it’s hard to accept that a candidate one passionately supports could lose. But it happens.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I love it when the MAGA's slam Reagan.  A perfect illustration of who truly are Republicans in Name Only.

Reagan's defense build-up is what ended up bringing down the Soviet Union, and that generated the massive "peace dividend" that actually let Clinton run a surplus for a bit. It more than paid for itself in the end.

Offline Hoodat

Reagan's defense build-up is what ended up bringing down the Soviet Union, and that generated the massive "peace dividend" that actually let Clinton run lie about running a surplus for a bit.

There, fixed it.  We haven't had a surplus since Eisenhower was in office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

There, fixed it.  We haven't had a surplus since Eisenhower was in office.

Even though it was the 94 congress that allowed him that brag anyway...