Author Topic: DeSantis says Trump deploying ‘Democrat attacks’ on Social Security, Medicare  (Read 5024 times)

Offline corbe

When DeSantis declares and brings out his plan for saving SS/Medicare AND the electorate is well receptive to it, Trump will steal it and declare it was his policy all along and run with it just as he did with Cruz's Immigration Policy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Politically expedient or politically convenient?  Accusing DeSantis of the wheelchair crappola is deceitful and doesn't accomplish a darn thing. 

Trump had his chance as president to address this situation; especially with a full majority his first two years.

:thumbsup:

Online cato potatoe

Politically expedient or politically convenient?  Accusing DeSantis of the wheelchair crappola is deceitful and doesn't accomplish a darn thing. 

Trump had his chance as president to address this situation; especially with a full majority his first two years.

Trump and other big government Republicans are part of the problem, really no different from the dems in this regard.  It will be just like Obamacare … the media will ask him time and again for his solution to the looming SSA crisis, and he will blather about Hunter Biden. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Expedient -convenient, six of one.

Trump had proposed cuts in his budgets.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Expedient -convenient, six of one.

Trump had proposed cuts in his budgets.

Ok so you are saying that Trump wanted to make cuts to SS and Medicare -- so who's the one throwing granny off the cliff in a wheel chair??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And the essence of your post once again avoids addressing the substance of the post you are attacking.

You're accusing me of not addressing your  :bs: spam?  GUILTY!   :mauslaff:

And a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus...

Tea Party, Freedom Caucus, MAGA ....... I wonder what he thinks will help him next?   :pondering:

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 09:03:26 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Tea Party, Freedom Caucus, MAGA ....... I wonder what he thinks will help him next?   :pondering:

Being a straight-shooter who gets stuff accomplished, unlike Trump, who mostly just floundered around, made himself look stupid, weakened the presidency in certain respects, and mostly threw bombs that did more damage to the GOP than they did to libs/dems/progs.

Offline roamer_1

So far, he's been TEA ... pretty much the same all along.

Ok, so what is Trump's proposal to help Social Security and Medicare?

From @realDonaldTrump: The pain must be borne by Washington, DC bureaucrats, not American families and American seniors.  End the billions of taxpayer dollars in foreign aid to currupt countries; end the billions of dollars in Green New Deal extremism; secure our border and end the mass release of illegal aliens depleting our social safety net; end the millions being spent on military left wing gender programs; end all waste, fraud and abuse ---- but DO NOT CUT Social Security/Medicare for our seniors.

10:55 AM · Jan 20, 2023

So far, he's been TEA ... pretty much the same all along.

I don't think Desantis knows who or what he is from moment to moment.  :shrug:

Offline libertybele

I don't think Desantis knows who or what he is from moment to moment.  :shrug:

Are you trying to sling enough mud and hoping something sticks @Right_in_Virginia ???

I have yet to hear DeSantis backpedal on any issue.  He knows exactly who he is and his actions demonstrate that. He is a conservative period; and that includes being a member of TEA and the Freedom Caucus and a really good governor here in FL.

Next.

Offline roamer_1

Are you trying to sling enough mud and hoping something sticks @Right_in_Virginia ???

I have yet to hear DeSantis backpedal on any issue.  He knows exactly who he is and his actions demonstrate that. He is a conservative period; and that includes being a member of TEA and the Freedom Caucus and a really good governor here in FL.

Next.

That's right. Mind you that I ain't really paying attention... I have only taken a cursory glance...  But then, a cursory glance is all it took.  :beer:

Being a straight-shooter who gets stuff accomplished, unlike Trump, who mostly just floundered around, made himself look stupid, weakened the presidency in certain respects, and mostly threw bombs that did more damage to the GOP than they did to libs/dems/progs.

DeSantis is a political hack blessed with a super majority in the statehouse and a Republican supreme court.  He has never fought for anything in his political life, except his first run for governor ---- and he put that challenge in Trump's hands.

Ronnie is a snot-nosed wannabe who is an empty vessel with seasoned handlers and a voracious appetite for their spin.

I have yet to hear DeSantis backpedal on any issue.

You've also never heard DeSantis take the lead on anything ------ except fighting Disney, putting 75,0000 Floridian jobs at risk ending up with untold taxpayers millions in legal and court fees.

Yeah, this guy's a real treasure.   :laugh:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You've also never heard DeSantis take the lead on anything ------ except fighting Disney, putting 75,0000 Floridian jobs at risk ending up with untold taxpayers millions in legal and court fees.

You mean signing three dozen bills in one day isn't taking the lead?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

It’s painfully obvious Trump doesn’t understand the concept of “unfunded liabilities”

It’s the old, “ if we just cut fraud and waste, we don’t need to touch SS and Medicare” mindset

But then again, he is the self proclaimed “King of Debt.”
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 10:03:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Are you telling me what I've heard and not heard????   He took the lead on COVID, he took the lead after Ian, he took the lead on abortion, he took the lead on the 2A, etc. .... again slinging mud with Trumpian talking points is frivolous

I get that you realize that you see DeSantis as a huge threat and are trying to discredit him.  I can only imagine what a tizzy you're going to be in if indeed he actually announces he's running.  :laugh:

Bottom line; Trump IS attacking DeSantis once again.  He's attacking someone who hasn't even announced that they're running.  A tad ridiculous.

Offline libertybele

You mean signing three dozen bills in one day isn't taking the lead?

Again, DeSantis suggested or proposed an idea and his legislature passed the bills - DeSantis then signed.  I gave you links with several examples.

DeSantis is a competent, conservative leader who gets things done.

Online LMAO

Again, DeSantis suggested or proposed an idea and his legislature passed the bills - DeSantis then signed.  I gave you links with several examples.

DeSantis is a competent, conservative leader who gets things done.

He also has a full GOP statehouse that makes his job easier. That’s not an advantage he would have with Congress. That competent leadership would be tested a lot more in Congress

And the US Congress has no shortage of members that believe government is the answer
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 10:16:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

He also has a full GOP statehouse that makes his job easier. That’s not an advantage he would have with Congress. That competent leadership would be tested a lot more in Congress

And the US Congress has no shortage of members that believe government is the answer

TRUE, but then, a governorship is the vetted proving ground for presidents... So off the cuff, I would take that bet over a failed president anytime.

Offline libertybele

Oh, absolutely with a mostly GOP congress his job is much easier and he is taking advantage of that and getting a lot done.

No, he wouldn't likely have that advantage as President.  However, who knows whether or not the GOP House will expand their majority or will the Senate expand theirs.  Both Trump or DeSantis would be facing the same scenario so IMHO it's truly a vote for who is more conservative in the primaries should DeSantis run.  Hands down DeSantis is more conservative. 

Offline roamer_1

Oh, absolutely with a mostly GOP congress his job is much easier and he is taking advantage of that and getting a lot done.

No, he wouldn't likely have that advantage as President.  However, who knows whether or not the GOP House will expand their majority or will the Senate expand theirs.  Both Trump or DeSantis would be facing the same scenario so IMHO it's truly a vote for who is more conservative in the primaries should DeSantis run.  Hands down DeSantis is more conservative.

That depends... If he comes in on a mandate, you might be surprised how many suddenly get a backbone... And the TEA party would come suddenly back to life - It is still there you know... I continue to meet will TEA Partiers for the region.

Compared to a divisive president who has split the party, A man who can draw together the Conservative Coalition will do a helluva lot more. And the sky's the limit if he calls for moderate leadership to step down, and can get that done.

Offline Kamaji

And Trump started off with a GOP controlled Congress and still couldn’t get anything done.  So even on that count, DeSantis is probably better than Trump as a political leader.