Author Topic: DeSantis says Trump deploying ‘Democrat attacks’ on Social Security, Medicare  (Read 4962 times)

Offline roamer_1

Dunno...California has been doing a bang-up job.

California's malfeasance only hurts California. Federal malfeasance effects everyone.
Send it back to the states.

Offline LMAO

California's malfeasance only hurts California. Federal malfeasance affects everyone.

Until the other states are forced to bail them out. I believe that’s what  California is banking on with this reparations proposal
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Until the other states are forced to bail them out. I believe that’s what  California is banking on with this reparations proposal

Sure. The device to do that with will be federal. States have no obligation to other states.

Offline kevindavis007

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Trump is leading the GOP field by 41 points and he’s beating Biden handily in a rematch

They’re trying to put him in federal prison while a million man invasion in happening in Texas

Anybody who’s still pushing for a divisive primary does not have our best interest in mind

11:19 AM · May 9, 2023

Again, at this stage of the game, who cares. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Kamaji

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Trump is leading the GOP field by 41 points and he’s beating Biden handily in a rematch

They’re trying to put him in federal prison while a million man invasion in happening in Texas

Anybody who’s still pushing for a divisive primary does not have our best interest in mind

Neither does anyone who is pushing Trump.  A second Trump term will be an unmitigated disaster; far worse than his parlous first term.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Couldn't agree more.  And the one who is determined to make the primaries divisive is Trump himself.

The GOP has never had a problem in the past rallying around the winner of the primary. And that's because Republican contenders for the nomination generally went scorched earth only against Democrats, not against fellow Republicans.  Against other Republicans, they'd simply state their policy differences and argue why they were the best alternative, not why everyone else would be such a horrible alternative.

Trump has deliberately chosen to go scorched earth against anyone who dares to challenge him in the primaries.  And in fact, most of his supporters cheer him on when he does that. They celebrate his attacks on other Republicans as evidence that he is a take no prisoners, tough guy.  So it is Trump, and Trump alone, who would be responsible for a divisive primary.  And it is his supporters who actuallly cheer on his divisiveness.

Of course, Trump doesn't care if the primaries are divisive as long as he is the nominee.  And that's a perfect example of why it is Trump who "does not have our best interests at heart."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 05:26:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It is utterly remarkable how Trump supporters who are so quick to label other people as snowflakes, and so quick to celebrate Trump as a "fighter", are so outraged that anyone in the GOP uses his own tactics against him.

Trump is the ultimate snowflake.  I don't think I've ever heard any politician, Republican or Democrat, whine as much when he is criticized as does Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A second Trump term will be an unmitigated disaster

Only for those who object to peace, prosperity, security, freedom and strength.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't think ....

This  pointing-up  is the essence of your post, minus the usual spam.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Cutting Social Security and Medicare sounds like a great idea when a conservative is a member of the House of Reps, but not so much when running for President.

////00000////

[insert name here] for President 2024
"No free-loading grandmas and grandpas on my watch."
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Couldn't agree more.  And the one who is determined to make the primaries divisive is Trump himself.

The GOP has never had a problem in the past rallying around the winner of the primary. And that's because Republican contenders for the nomination generally went scorched earth only against Democrats, not against fellow Republicans.  Against other Republicans, they'd simply state their policy differences and argue why they were the best alternative, not why everyone else would be such a horrible alternative.

Trump has deliberately chosen to go scorched earth against anyone who dares to challenge him in the primaries.  And in fact, most of his supporters cheer him on when he does that. They celebrate his attacks on other Republicans as evidence that he is a take no prisoners, tough guy.  So it is Trump, and Trump alone, who would be responsible for a divisive primary.  And it is his supporters who actuallly cheer on his divisiveness.

Of course, Trump doesn't care if the primaries are divisive as long as he is the ninee  And that's a perfect example of why it is Trump who "does not have our best interests at heart."

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Cutting Social Security and Medicare sounds like a great idea when a conservative is a member of the House of Reps, but not so much when running for President.

////00000////

[insert name here] for President 2024
"No free-loading grandmas and grandpas on my watch."

Guess that makes Trump one of those go along to get along kind of guys, right?  Afraid to say or do what's right because of the political reaction.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

This  pointing-up  is the essence of your post, minus the usual spam.

And the essence of your post once again avoids addressing the substance of the post you are attacking.

At least you're consistent.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump was never a fiscal conservative.  He was always profligate with Other People's Money.

////00000////

Could we at least cut P.B.S., the National Endowment for the Arts, and foreign aid before we start throwing the elderly, the disabled, and veterans out on the street?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
While I don't expect DeSantis to come out with any national policy statements since he hasn't declared, I can't find any articles on what legislation he has written or proposed for Florida.

All I could find were articles on bills he has signed. That doesn't show me much.

If he declares he will have to do some talking to convince me he would be something more than a DC toady. A rubber stamp man.

Rubberstamp Ron.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 05:52:01 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

DeSantis was first elected to the US House as a Tea Party Candidate as opposed to Trump, the Preparation H Candidate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

DeSantis was first elected to the US House as a Tea Party Candidate [...]

And a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus...

Offline kevindavis007

While I don't expect DeSantis to come out with any national policy statements since he hasn't declared, I can't find any articles on what legislation he has written or proposed for Florida.

All I could find were articles on bills he has signed. That doesn't show me much.

If he declares he will have to do some talking to convince me he would be something more than a DC toady. A rubber stamp man.

Rubberstamp Ron.

Ok, so what is Trump's proposal to help Social Security and Medicare?

Why didn't Trump do anything about it the first time he was President?

Offline libertybele

For starters:

Trump payroll plan would deplete Social Security by 2023: Administrator

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/513556-trump-payroll-plan-would-deplete-social-security-by-2023-administrator/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I believe Trump's current stance is to not touch SS/Medicare. His first time around was for cuts.

Trump will say whatever he thinks will be politically expedient at the time. And for now, it is no changes.

Ultimately it is up to Congress.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:01:51 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline kevindavis007

I believe Trump's current stance is to not touch SS/Medicare. His first time around was for cuts.

Trump will say whatever he thinks will be politically expedient at the time. And for now, it is no changes.

So passing the buck right?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

So passing the buck right?

Right. Sort of. I found this article from a couple of months ago. It is from Politico.

Trump ties GOP in knots over Medicare and Social Security

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/01/trump-gop-medicare-social-security-00084845

Offline libertybele

Politically expedient or politically convenient?  Accusing DeSantis of the wheelchair crappola is deceitful and doesn't accomplish a darn thing. 

Trump had his chance as president to address this situation; especially with a full majority his first two years.