Author Topic: Federal government under Biden runs $928,000,000,000 deficit in just 7 months  (Read 7086 times)

Online roamer_1

@LMAO

You misunderstand. I am merely  critical of your entire focus on spending. It is the "be all and end all" of your political mindset,and while it IS a serious issue,it ain't the whole package.

YES, in fact, it IS, @sneakypete

Take away their money, and you take away their power. Take away their power and the government gets smaller. Small government cannot be intrusive. Small government is scared of its constituents.

Any and every other issue is contained within that rubric.

Online roamer_1

Furthermore shrinking government stops spending, which stops printing money, which begins to heal the dollar. A strong dollar defeats inflation. A strong dollar is purchasing power.

There is no downside to small government.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@roamer_1 
Except if you are a politician.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:55:17 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1 
Except if you are a politician.

Suits me fine.  happy77

Online libertybele

Furthermore shrinking government stops spending, which stops printing money, which begins to heal the dollar. A strong dollar defeats inflation. A strong dollar is purchasing power.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In for a penny, in for a trillion dollars ...

The establishment Republicans only feign fiscal conservatism when there isn't a Republican President.  They only re-acquainted themselves with "fiscal conservatism" AFTER Bush '43 and Trump '45 left office.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

In for a penny, in for a trillion dollars ...

The establishment Republicans only feign fiscal conservatism [...]

THAT needs no more...

AGREED.

Offline LMAO

Take away their money, and you take away their power. Take away their power and the government gets smaller. Small government cannot be intrusive. Small government is scared of its constituents.

Yeah but that issue is not as important as “throwing bombs” wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

You wanna throw a bomb? Throw a spending cap at HALF of GNP, with a 15% reduction year over year.

That's a bomb for ya.

Offline LMAO

You wanna throw a bomb? Throw a spending cap at HALF of GNP, with a 15% reduction year over year.

That's a bomb for ya.

But then how are we going to pay for these MAGA cities and MAGA breeding bonuses?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

But then how are we going to pay for these MAGA cities and MAGA breeding bonuses?

Shit out of luck I guess...  :shrug: Have to go back to the old way of living within our means.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Bearing in mind of course, that HALF of GNP is still orders of magnitude too much.

But it's a start.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"There is no downside to small government."

That is something NO member of this forum will live to see again.

Further, it is something that no great-great grandchild of any member of this forum will see again.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Online roamer_1

"There is no downside to small government."

That is something NO member of this forum will live to see again.

Further, it is something that no great-great grandchild of any member of this forum will see again.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

I am not so sure of that... Things can turn on a dime, and the pendulum swings.

Besides, it is the only hope there is left to us.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Are you insane?  Clearing it up?  He has and was the worst offending budget busting POTUS in US history.  You have gone off the rails, and I feel sorry for you in that you don't have any basic understanding of the most simple of tenants of fiscal responsibility.

@catfish1957

And I feel sorry for anyone who thinks budgets are the prime concern,or that ANYBODY can "fix" that problem in even two  terms of office.

After all,it is Congress that approves budgets,not Presidents. Presidents just sign them or refuse to sign  them,and refusing to sign them can lead to tragedies  of all sorts,as the left spends all the money available to expand their goals,and no money gets spent on anything else.

But then,you know that and just don't give a damn about it because it is all about "Me,ME,ME,DAMMIT!" with people like you.

FIRST we have to take back control from the globalist lunatics trying to destroy our independent nation and way of like,and THEN we can start working on the fixes. Granted,the budget is one of the "biggies" that will demand  immediate attention,but no RINO of your choice is going to do a damn thing about it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 02:13:44 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You’re trying to desperately change the subject…lol. Your first post was rightfully critical of the out-of-control spending under the Biden regime. Yet you have a history of defending Donald Trump on the same issue.

I just simply called you out on your hypocrisy on spending.

@LMAO

BullBush!  Trump served ONE term as President,and one term is NOT enough to reverse the spending and vote-buying of Congress. You know that,and don't give a squat because ALL you care about is keeping "Rude Orange Rich  Man" out of the WH because you don't like his manners.

Given a choice between him and Biden,you would probably pick Biden and then come up with some bizarre excuse for doing so.

When Biden engages in the out of control spending, you don’t seem to particularly like that.

When HASN'T he engaged in excessive spending? BTW,it is NOT "out of control spending" because Congress controls the spending,and they  approved his budgets. Since you have a one track mind,it would be better served by focusing on Congress instead of even Biden,never mind Trump,who "inherited" a budget when elected.

But when Trump does it, he’s either the victim, or we’re all selfish for wanting to control spending. You can’t run away from your posting history.

You flatter yourself. You just hate Trump because he is wealthy and rude.

You can’t have it both ways. Maybe you can explain to us why Biden inceasing our debt the way he has is better or worse than Trump doing it. This should be good.

Maybe YOU  can explain to me when Trump did this. Taking note of spending bills already signed when he entered office don't count,and you  know it. His only option would have been to shut down the country,and we ALL know how well you  and the other fiscal loons would have LOVED that opportunity to blame the economic crash on him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am in concurrence that deficit spending has been a uni-party issue since the Reagan era.  But anyone claiming that DJT had no complicity has no credibility with me.

@catfish1957

Yet anyone claiming that Trump didn't have total control over spending in his one term in office makes your head explode.

Can you say "class jealousy"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I had the same debate with an Obama backer on this very issue several years ago. They blasted all the money that we spent and borrowed under George Bush, yet made every excuse in the world for Barack Obama.

But they could never truly explain why one was better or worse than the other. It’s maddening. But it illustrates what we’re up against
MAGAs are like Obama-ites in more ways than not

If one’s position is that unsustainable spending isn’t that big of an issue, then what is? History shows what happens to countries that continue on the path we’re on. And bomb throwing doesn’t fix that.

@LMAO

Talk about "simple-minded"!

Incoming Presidents INHERIT a budget,and there is damn little they can do about it,or even the next budget if Congress is controlled by the opposition party.

You want to make economic change,go after congresscritters because THEY are the ones that approve the budgets.

But.....,you already know that and just don't give a damn because you want to demonize "Rich  Orange Man".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,499155.msg2828144.html#msg2828144"

"Federal Government under Biden runs $928,000,000,000 deficit in just 7 months"

Maybe some of you rabid "Rude Orange Man" haters need to take a look at the heading for this thread. If it confuses you because Trump isn't mentioned,get some middle-school child to explain it to you.

The mere FACT that you would spend all your focus condemning Trump,who isn't even the President,on a thread like this proves you are loons who just hate him because he is rich.

Class envy is NEVER pretty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

IF you are serious about this,which  I sincerely  doubt because I know you are not stupid,you  would be condeming Congress for this,not a one term President that isn't even in office anymore.

If you would spend even HALF as much time and energy condemning Biden,who IS in office right now,as you do Trump,your biases wouldn't be as obvious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Then why do you continue to do it?

Trump isn't even the President,and you and those like you spend most of your time condemning him instead of Biden.

The reason for this is evident to anyone who  is not blind. Class envy. Trump inherited a fortune,and you will never get over that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

I dunno.

Remind me when they became law.

Offline Hoodat

@catfish1957

And I feel sorry for anyone who thinks budgets are the prime concern,or that ANYBODY can "fix" that problem in even two  terms of office.

Every dollar appropriated by Congress gets spent by the Executive Branch.  The President is the head of that branch.  In other words, he is in charge of spending the money that Congress appropriates.  So 'hell yes', someone can fix that problem.  And they can fix it in one year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

IF you are serious about this,which  I sincerely  doubt because I know you are not stupid,you  would be condeming Congress for this,not a one term President that isn't even in office anymore.

If you would spend even HALF as much time and energy condemning Biden,who IS in office right now,as you do Trump,your biases wouldn't be as obvious.

@sneakypete

OF COURSE I am serious. This is kitchen table sh*t. How much power do YOU have when all your fun-tickets are gone and you're dipping into the jar on top of the fridge to afford some beans and rice? Is that when you haul out the already overloaded credit cards and decide to have a blowout vacation? Or is that when you start pinching pennies and cutting services, shrinking your activities to allow yourself to afford only the most vital things, until your circumstances change?

Any entity does the very same. Or it will fail.

As to congress being to blame, That is certainly true - And that has been admitted over and over. But Tumpy did NOTHING to curtail it... Signing every single porkulous bill right on through. Not a peep. In fact, I remember him saying folks would have to get used to 'budgets' in the trillions instead of billions... Like it's a matter of fact.

Had he used his veto power you'd have a leg to stand upon. Had he created efficiencies to save money in his execution of what Congress had authorized, you'd have a point - But he didn't.
He spent at TWICE the rate of Obummer, and to this date spent more than any president in history. There is NO WAY to defend that.

As for Bidet, your hypocrisy is palpable. Why is it now that Bidet can be blamed, when it is still Congress who holds the purse? Why is it that the things forged during Tumpy's administration and carried forward are not counted, holding Bidet blameless, as you defend Tumpy?

Why don't I criticize the Democrats and Bidet? I DO. I despise them. But they are doing precisely as expected. This is what they do - They are all about central authority, huge spending boondoggles, and curtailing rights. It's what they DO.

But Tumpy and the Republicans beat them at their own game - Spending MORE than Democrats. Growing MORE government... Curtailing MORE rights.

THAT is why I am so offended. The betrayal of Conservative principles was so egregious and so profound that it is utterly indefensible.

Republicans are SUPPOSED to fight for small government and fiscal sanity. Republicans are SUPPOSED to fight to preserve our rights and keep us free of a burgeoning federal state.

Betrayal. Flat out betrayal. Sonsabiches, every one. Including Tumpy, who is as big government (read 'liberal, progressive') as they come.

That's a hard line right there. Bright as the sun. Step over that line into supporting big government, and you have betrayed the very root of American greatness, founded foremost in small government and libertarianism. Not merely flirting around the edges to be overlooked... This is flat out overturning Americanism. Against America. Betrayal of every promise, because you are attacking the very root of all of it.

THAT's why I am far harder on Republicans supporting big government. They are the only defender AGAINST big government. And you would have me ignore their insipid refusal to pick up the sword and fight as they have sworn and blame democrats. But Republicans, outside of foolish partisanship, are the very same damn thing.

The liberals are winning.
Not by merit, as they have no merit.
They are winning because they have no opposition.

And you're alright with that if you defend a big government Republican. There is no excuse.

Online libertybele

@sneakypete

The liberals are winning.
Not by merit, as they have no merit.
They are winning because they have no opposition.

And you're alright with that if you defend a big government Republican. There is no excuse.

Amen!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.