State Chapters > Illinois

Chicago Prosecutor Quits in Disgust: ‘Increase in Crime of All Kinds, I Will Not Raise My Son Here,

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
Chicago Prosecutor Quits in Disgust: ‘Increase in Crime of All Kinds, I Will Not Raise My Son Here, My Entire Family Is Leaving’
David HawkinsMay 7, 2023 - 3:47 pm10 Comments

A 20-year veteran prosecutor has quit the Cook County state’s attorney’s office and will move his family out of Illinois.

Assistant State’s Attorney Jason Poje blasted Chicago’s leadership and cited rising crime and the politicians who do nothing to stop it as a reason for leaving the state.

In a statement announcing his departure, Poje said he can’t raise his son in the state and is moving his “entire family” out of Illinois.

Poje sent a blistering goodbye email to 85 colleagues that said: “After 20 years, I always kind of figured an email like this would start with ‘It is with a heavy heart that I leave…’

“The truth is, I can’t get out of here fast enough.

https://slaynews.com/news/chicago-prosecutor-quits-in-disgust-increase-in-crime-of-all-kinds-i-will-not-raise-my-son-here-my-entire-family-is-leaving-the-state-of-illinois/

rangerrebew:
As Chicago Crime Wave Soars, Police Advise Business Owners to Install Bulletproof Glass
By Mike Miller | 2:30 PM on May 06, 2023

Does the above headline read like a satire piece from The Babylon Bee? It should. As Chicago’s violent crime wave continues with no end in sight, the Chicago Police Department is actually advising business owners to install bulletproof glass to protect themselves. How reassuring — and insane.

But, it’s no parody; it’s true:

As reported by Fox Business, the Chicago Police Department (CPD) is advising business owners in Wicker Park, a neighborhood in the West Town community area of Chicago, and Humbolt Park — also on the city’s West Side — to install ArmorPlast, an “invisible shatterproof shield produced by a company called Riot Glass,” to protect themselves and their businesses from armed robbery, or worse.

Neither outgoing Mayor Lori Lightfoot nor incoming Mayor Brandon Johnson were available for comment.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/05/06/as-chicago-crime-wave-soars-police-advise-business-owners-to-install-bulletproof-glass-n742011

bigheadfred:
Give me your money or your windows DIE!

andy58-in-nh:
Do they really want to stop such crime immediately?

Good:

Shoot the looters.

Jail the thieves.

Problem solved.

But that's not really the city government's goal, now is it?

Kamaji:
That's a really strong letter.  Watch the AG's office now try to get him disciplined by the State bar association.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version