Author Topic: Last generation, in the fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona thrown charcoal: "Future black  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Last generation, in the fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona thrown charcoal: "Future black as water"
by Ester Palma
The statement after the last raid: "If we do not zero emissions immediately will be terrible years". Two days ago the blockade of Via del Tritone. In the evening the inspection of Minister Sangiuliano

Last generation, in the fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona thrown charcoal: "Future black as water"
Charcoal in the Fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona: Last generation returns to attack the Roman artistic heritage. At 15 pm four activists linked to the campaign "We do not pay the fossil", promoted by the environmental group assault. After the blockades of the cars on the Gra and the demonstration naked and chained in Via del Tritone, the activists poured diluted charcoal into the water of the precious baroque work designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, to "raise the alarm on the black future that awaits humanity and that is already manifesting itself with drought and floods more and more frequent". In the evening the Minister of Culture Gennaro Sangiuliano. went to Piazza Navona: "I carried out an inspection to verify the conditions of the fountain of the Four Rivers, today targeted by an action of eco-vandals".

Blocked and denounced
Upon the arrival of the police, the 4 activists made passive resistance and were removed, denounced and taken away by the agents, declaring in a statement: "Difficult years await us, but if we do not reset the emissions immediately they will be terrible. The collapse is already underway and we can no longer stop it: proof of this are the increasingly frequent and devastating extreme events, such as the flood in Emilia Romagna a few days ago. This is why we ask the government to immediately divest the billions it spends on fossil fuels, the main cause of these tragedies, and use them to take urgent measures to protect Italians and Italians from the consequences of water bombs, extreme drought, deadly heat waves. How many catastrophes do we have to see before we understand that the house is burning and we have to put out the fire?"

https://roma.corriere.it/notizie/cronaca/23_maggio_06/ultima-generazione-nella-fontana-dei-quattro-fiumi-in-piazza-navona-gettato-carbone-vegetale-futuro-nero-come-l-acqua-3470063c-4811-4d67-b11b-30135335dxlk.shtml
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson