Author Topic: BBC: ‘Living ultra-low-carbon lifestyles’ not an option?! ‘Can they really be achieved by personal c  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BBC: ‘Living ultra-low-carbon lifestyles’ not an option?! ‘Can they really be achieved by personal choice alone?’ – ‘Private cars…a thing of the past’ – ‘Substantial reduction in flying’ – ‘Meat & dairy…a luxury’ item

BBC: To tackle climate change, many of us need to cut our carbon footprints. But what do truly low-carbon lifestyles look like – and can they really be achieved by personal choice alone? ...

There would also be a substantial reduction in flying, he adds, with longer distance travel provided instead by the expansion of high-speed rail and night train services. (Read more about what a flying-free world would look like.) ...

Meat and dairy products would be seen more as a luxury or a special occasion treat rather than something you would eat two or three times a day, says Tim Gore. ...

"[A low-carbon world] is a world where overall we consume less of 'stuff'," says Chancel. ...

"You can meditate, be in nature, just stop doing things and absorb the world, smell flowers, go foraging, art, walking, cycling, gardening," she says.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/07/bbc-living-ultra-low-carbon-lifestyles-not-an-option-can-they-really-be-achieved-by-personal-choice-alone-private-cars-a-thing-of-the-past-substantial-reduction-in-flying/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Putin and Xi must absolutely laugh themselves sick at this kind of doomerism. :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
By all means, strip your lives, and your very bodies of carbon.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Bloody twits.

No 'lumps' for your tea, sugar contains carbon!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 12:01:27 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji