Author Topic: Today's Toons 5/8/23  (Read 3213 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 5/8/23
« on: May 08, 2023, 08:17:17 am »

Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for related video:

Click for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter P:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Donald Trump hammered his potential rival Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in TV attack ads that aired all week on Fox News. Trump just agreed to appear at a CNN presidential town hall New Hampshire Wednesday where he will be questioned by CNN anchors. He's expected to plead not guilty.

Democratic Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro called for gender equity in car safety testing Friday in House hearings. She actually demanded that half of the crash dummies used be female crash dummies. The difference is, the male dummies are too proud to stop and ask for directions to the wall.

Did CNN buy the draft rights to Tucker?

Business Insider interviewed CEOs of the five largest banks who see either a looming recession or widespread job cuts. This week, the cable news channels are firing more people than Disney. The difference is, one is an exaggerated fantasyland which is run by cartoon rodents, and the other is Disney.

CNN CEO Chris Licht warned the newsroom staffers and on-air talent that changes are coming as CNN will be pivoting from opinion to straight news. Sure enough on Monday Don Lemon was shown the door at CNN, and the doorknob hit him in the ass on the way out. The good news is he liked it.

There's a new show on Chinese TV called The Untouchables, starring the Biden family.

Biden's plan to galvanize Democratic support. He's going to identify as a transwoman. Dame Edna just died and nature abhors a vacuum.

Joe Biden announced today he will run for re-election in 2020.

Covid's been around fot 3 years now and I haven't been sick once. Still it could have been much worse if I'd had all those vaccines.

Netflix casts a black actress to play King George III's wife Charlotte. The network missed a chance to score even more woke brownie points by neglecting to cast Donald Trump in a cameo role as the Mad English King.

President Biden leaned into the microphone and announced that he's running for re-election as President of the United States Tuesday. He added angrily that MAGA Republicans are existential threats to democracy. He was then told to pull up the second window and pick up his Sausage McMuffin.

Things are so bad the US government just admitted that UFOs exist and nobody cares.

It's a sign of the time that there's illiterate and dyslexic people who suddenly know what their pronouns are.

Anheuser Busch can solve all their problems by hiring Tucker Carlson as the new face of Bud Light.

Bobby Kennedy Jr. was edited by ABC News when he questioned vaccines & the war in Ukraine, then out of habit, Fox News fired him.

President Biden calls on voters to allow him to Finish the Job... America is only half destroyed.

Politico reported a survey which shows cable news channel viewers are tiring of agenda-slanted newscasts. I'm confused about where they all are heading. CNN fired Don Lemon and is heading to the center, MSNBC ripped the son of liberal icon Bobby Kennedy, and Fox News is looking all tuckered out.

President Biden stood outside in the Rose Garden today and I can't tell if he needs more water or sunlight.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, New Cruelty)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 5/8/23
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 12:14:08 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 12:15:24 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 01:51:39 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 02:15:40 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 02:16:03 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 02:16:39 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 05:52:28 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!  Hope you had a GREAT weekend!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ricebug

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 06:01:55 pm »
G'day, Pookie!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 06:11:17 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!  Hope you had a GREAT weekend!!!

My pleasure, as ever & thanks, CL!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 06:12:01 pm »