Author Topic: Upgraded Assault Rifles In Store for Commandos  (Read 104 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Upgraded Assault Rifles In Store for Commandos
« on: May 07, 2023, 05:38:34 pm »

Upgraded Assault Rifles In Store for Commandos
5/3/2023
By Scott R. Gourley   

Sig Sauer photo

U.S. Special Operations Command is already looking to expand the capabilities of its Reduced Signature Assault Rifle — formerly known as the Personal Defense Weapon — before its manufacturer has even delivered the first weapon in the program.

The command is considering the addition of conversion kit options to incorporate 7.62x39 mm caliber ammunition, which is most used in the AK-47 series assault rifle, a “notice of intent” released late January stated.

The original program emerged in March 2017, when the command released an announcement seeking to identify “potential sources within the national technology and industrial base with the ability to provide a conversion kit for the 5.56 mm M4A1 to create a Personal Defense Weapon system.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/5/3/upgraded-assault-rifles-in-store-for-commandos
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:39:46 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Upgraded Assault Rifles In Store for Commandos
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 05:40:39 pm »
Did Milley get the change approved by the Chinese? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson