Author Topic: Trump leading Biden by 7 points in hypothetical matchup: survey  (Read 788 times)

Offline libertybele

I'm not one for polls but I believe this is the first poll reporting Trump ahead of Biden (for what it's worth).

Trump leading Biden by 7 points in hypothetical matchup: survey

Former President Trump leads President Biden by 7 points in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between the two, according to a new survey.

The Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 49 percent of Americans said they would definitely or probably vote for Trump or are leaning toward casting their ballots for him in a hypothetical matchup with Biden in 2024 if Trump and Biden are the Republican and Democratic nominees. About 42 percent said they would definitely or probably vote for Biden or are leaning toward supporting him in 2024.

When asked who they would vote for if Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis were the Republican nominee instead of Trump in a matchup with Biden, the governor also led the president by 7 points. The poll released Sunday found that 48 percent said they would definitely or probably vote for DeSantis or would lean toward voting for him, while 41 percent said the same thing for Biden.

Trump also came out on top when respondents were asked if Biden and Trump were in “good enough physical health to serve effectively as president,” with 64 percent responding that the former president is and 33 percent saying his successor is. When asked if each of them has the “mental sharpness” to act as president, 32 percent of respondents said Biden does while 54 percent said Trump does. .................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-leading-biden-by-7-points-in-hypothetical-matchup-survey/ar-AA1aRH3D?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33074ab50f744a6fa22c25b674d779d0&ei=39
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump leading Biden by 7 points in hypothetical matchup: survey
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 05:10:34 pm »
If we see this continue, ,and maybe 4 or 5 more.  Watch for a Biden exit in LBJ fashion this summer.   In the bullpen...  in order of how I guess who'll  win? their   Moochelle, Newsome, RFK, Jr.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 05:24:06 pm »
If we see this continue, ,and maybe 4 or 5 more.  Watch for a Biden exit in LBJ fashion this summer.   In the bullpen...  in order of how I guess who'll  win? their   Moochelle, Newsome, RFK, Jr.

If, and that’s a big if, Biden steps down, it’ll be Harris at the top of the ticket and I can see her choosing Newsome as her VP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 05:39:10 pm »
If, and that’s a big if, Biden steps down, it’ll be Harris at the top of the ticket and I can see her choosing Newsome as her VP

A lot will depend on how the tea leaves are read by late this summer.  Just like LBJ, I am thinking Joe doesn't want the embarassment of losing in the primaries.   From what I have read, and based on her ultra early exit in '20, almost all think Kamel-uh and her word salad express is toxic, and she'll turn off voters in record numbers.  When she left in '20, she wasn't even breaking 1%.  Her choice for VPOTUS was an ultra box checking exercise.  The woman is an idiot, and they all know it.

Newsome's smarter but off the charts greasy and sleazy.  Mooch, if they can coax her is the natural choice.  She'll have to fight off the her "Hate America" memes but everyone left of center would just die for a 3rd Obama term.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 05:50:56 pm »

Can a POTUS and VP be from the same state?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »
@berdie

Sure. We have it now. Psychotic state.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:59:37 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 06:12:51 pm »
Sure. We have it now. Psychotic state.

Good point @bigheadfred:rolling:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 06:30:54 pm »

Yes, assuming they get elected without the electoral votes of their own State.

A Newsome-Harris ticket would guarantee a Republican victory just as a Trump-DeSantis ticket would guarantee a Democrat victory.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 10:33:59 pm »
Some random thoughts...

ol' white joe IS going to be primaried.
RFKjr.'s candidacy guarantees that.

Assuming joe stays in, there could be a contest for the VP slot. There's nothing that says the president can't run with a new VP -- look at Roosevelt in 1944 (those close to him knew he wasn't long for the world, and that his existing VP, the communist Henry Wallace, could not be allowed to become president -- hence, Harry Truman replaced him). I sense that most folks -- even the most ardent dem-coms -- realize that ol' white joe probably would not finish a second term. So they'd better get a competent replacement lined up.

But what if ol' joe suddenly drops his candidacy at some point, probably in early-mid 2024? That will throw the dem-communist race into a tizzy.

In that case, what does kamala sutra do?
She'll have to run all over again, and it will probably be pretty much for her like it was in 2020 -- she's a loser from the get-go.

Next, Newsom will make his play. But Greasy Gavin, despite being a smooth talker, is going to wilt face-to-face against Bobby Jr.

michelle obama? A wild card. But I don't think this woman really has any drive to be president. She wouldn't want to be bothered.

So... who does that leave at the top of the dem-com heap...?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 12:01:14 am »

Yeah, I still can't see him running.  It may be something with his son that does it, but they can't run a guy that senile PLUS someone as incompetent as Kamala.  It might not even happen until the Convention.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 12:11:09 am »
I'm not one for polls but I believe this is the first poll reporting Trump ahead of Biden (for what it's worth).

Trump leading Biden by 7 points in hypothetical matchup: survey

Former President Trump leads President Biden by 7 points in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between the two, according to a new survey.

The Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 49 percent of Americans said they would definitely or probably vote for Trump or are leaning toward casting their ballots for him in a hypothetical matchup with Biden in 2024 if Trump and Biden are the Republican and Democratic nominees. About 42 percent said they would definitely or probably vote for Biden or are leaning toward supporting him in 2024.

When asked who they would vote for if Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis were the Republican nominee instead of Trump in a matchup with Biden, the governor also led the president by 7 points. The poll released Sunday found that 48 percent said they would definitely or probably vote for DeSantis or would lean toward voting for him, while 41 percent said the same thing for Biden.

Trump also came out on top when respondents were asked if Biden and Trump were in “good enough physical health to serve effectively as president,” with 64 percent responding that the former president is and 33 percent saying his successor is. When asked if each of them has the “mental sharpness” to act as president, 32 percent of respondents said Biden does while 54 percent said Trump does. .................

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-leading-biden-by-7-points-in-hypothetical-matchup-survey/ar-AA1aRH3D?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33074ab50f744a6fa22c25b674d779d0&ei=39

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

Plenty polls and they're all over the place. Still Trump seems more competitive than in 2020:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2023, 12:19:37 am »
Yeah, I still can't see him running.  It may be something with his son that does it, but they can't run a guy that senile PLUS someone as incompetent as Kamala.  It might not even happen until the Convention.

They'll run him as long as they need him -- there aren't going to be any debates, so whoever is running against him, won't get the exposure needed.  He may appoint another VP, I'm thinking Michael and Brandon will step down soon after.

IF we actually make it to another election, it will likely be Trump v. Biden with Biden handing him his retirement papers.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 12:21:47 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023, 03:40:00 am »
They'll run him as long as they need him -- there aren't going to be any debates, so whoever is running against him, won't get the exposure needed.  He may appoint another VP, I'm thinking Michael and Brandon will step down soon after.

IF we actually make it to another election, it will likely be Trump v. Biden with Biden handing him his retirement papers.

Whoever we nominate has to be someone capable of beating a candidate other than Joe Biden or Kamala.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 04:29:39 pm »
The media sure do want Trump to be the nominee, and they sure do want Biden replaced.  We should listen to them, as they have our best interests at heart.  No chance Donald will be multiple indicted, ordered to pay E. Jean Carroll, outraised, outmaneuvered, or self destructive.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 04:32:58 pm »
Whoever we nominate has to be someone capable of beating a candidate other than Joe Biden or Kamala.

:thumbsup:

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2023, 05:17:44 pm »

I'll vote for whoever the GOPer is.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2023, 09:09:31 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2023, 09:10:12 pm »
I'll vote for whoever the GOPer is.

I'll vote for a conservative.

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2023, 11:32:37 pm »
I'll vote for a conservative.

Yeah, understood. I'm not that worried it won't be a conservative. I don't think Romney or a McCain have a chance in today's party. I guess a lot of people dont think Trump is a conservative. I think it's a sliding scale, not a binary thing.

Anyone will be better than Biden to me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2023, 11:57:00 pm »
Yeah, understood. I'm not that worried it won't be a conservative. I don't think Romney or a McCain have a chance in today's party. I guess a lot of people dont think Trump is a conservative. I think it's a sliding scale, not a binary thing.

Anyone will be better than Biden to me.

As president, Trump was more conservative than I had expected (not fiscally, I get it) and did well. Him going after a conservative now, is troubling.

I can think of many people who would be worse than Biden; Michael Obama, Susan Rice, Valerie Jarrett.  These are the DEMS that I think they will run after they get Brandon to step down.  The same Soros/Obama machine will continue to run things regardless though.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 12:00:09 am by libertybele »