Author Topic: California readies for treasure hunt as floods wash up ‘Gold Rush 2.0’  (Read 436 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 California readies for treasure hunt as floods wash up ‘Gold Rush 2.0’
by Sharon Udasin - 05/07/23 6:00 AM ET

In the aftermath of an unusually wet winter, Californians are bracing not only for flooded fields and raging rapids, but also for a potential treasure hunt that experts are dubbing “Gold Rush 2.0.”

“It’s one of those 100-years events,” Mark Dayton, a Sacramento Valley metal detector expert, told The Hill.

With one atmospheric river after another this past winter, snowpack on the Golden State’s mountain peaks piled up to unprecedented heights. But as that snow gushes down the hillsides, the fast and furious flow is shuttling other materials along with it.   

“When it melts, it comes rushing down at crazy speeds through narrow gorges and canyons, and it’s a torrent of raging water,” Dayton said. “This is even crazier than whitewater.”

The flow cascades like a waterfall from about 5,000 feet to 3,500 feet, at which point it begins “meandering into some of the foothills” and into creeks and streams, Dayton explained.

“What happens is the material is being ripped literally right off the walls of the creeks as they reshape themselves,” he added.

By “material,” Dayton means gold. And he said he anticipates a lot of it this year.

“It’s like a generational flood,” agreed Albert Fausel, the third-generation owner of the local Placerville Hardware Store, which opened in 1852.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3990790-california-readies-for-treasure-hunt-as-floods-wash-up-gold-rush-2-0/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder if Noisome and the rest of the greedy democrats in California have a plan in place to 'observe' all these modern day prospectors to insure they are able to tax them for any treasure they may find.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:23:14 pm by GtHawk »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I thought all the gold in Cali was in a bank in Beverly Hills?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

I thought all the gold in Cali was in a bank in Beverly Hills?

... In somebody else's name  happy77 :seeya:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kate Wolf said it many years ago:

Here in California
The fruit hangs heavy on the vine
And there's no gold
I thought I'd warn ya
And the hills turn brown in the summertime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9QnQdoKtY