Author Topic: One-third in new survey say Biden has mental sharpness to be effective  (Read 657 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 One-third in new survey say Biden has mental sharpness to be effective
by Julia Mueller - 05/07/23 8:13 AM ET

About a third of Americans in a new poll said that they think President Biden has the “mental sharpness” to be effective in his role, as he campaigns for another four years in the White House in 2024.

The Washington Post-ABC News survey found 32 percent of respondents said Biden has the “mental sharpness it takes to serve effectively as president,” and 33 percent said he’s “in good enough physical health” for the job, too.

By contrast, 54 percent said former President Trump has the requisite mental sharpness, and 64 percent said he’s in good enough physical health.

A third of respondents also said Trump is “honest and trustworthy,” while 41 percent said the same of Biden.

Biden last month kicked off his campaign for another term as president, joining Trump in the race for what could end up being a rematch of the 2020 presidential election.

The president’s age has been a hot topic surrounding his reelection ambitions, though he’s dismissed the concerns. He’d be 82 years old at the start of a second term. Trump would be 78 at the start of a second term.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3992431-one-third-in-new-survey-say-biden-has-mental-sharpness-to-be-effective/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Who are the 1/3rd? The hens on “The View?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Who are the 1/3rd? The hens on “The View?”

Exactly.

Offline kevindavis007

All I'm going to say is this: If Biden is too old to be President, then Trump is too old to be President.  Can't support an old fart if you are saying the other guy is too old to be President. Just saying.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Kamaji

All I'm going to say is this: If Biden is too old to be President, then Trump is too old to be President.  Can't support an old fart if you are saying the other guy is too old to be President. Just saying.

Agreed.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
In all fairness Biden's "old" is not Trump's "old".  Just sayin'!

Offline Hoodat

Without exception, that same one-third wouldn't be able to identify a single point supporting their claim.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Age is not the limiting factor for me, and I'm not talking specific people now. An older person that has full mental acuity and physical capability and is representative of my political beliefs would not be out of consideration.

Offline libertybele

...and those 1/3 surveyed are nit wits.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Right

Only the most sycophants of  Democrat sycophants would believe Biden is sharper mentally than Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Right

Only the most sycophants of  Democrat sycophants would believe Biden is sharper mentally than Trump

One is a mental midget and the other is mental.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think Trump obviously is sharper mentally than Biden.  That being said, it makes it much harder to run on age if you're that old yourself.

The real risk here is a Democrat bait and switch.  Trump's supporters figure that Trump's high negatives and advanced age won't be an issue because of Biden, but then the Dems pull a switcheroo late in the process (Biden withdrawing prior to the Convention but after the primaries, for example), and then Trump's issues begin looming much larger.  Democrats can argue with some justification that "even if he seems okay now (insert Democratic chuckling here), you cannot trust his mental acuity  for the next 4 years."

That would flip the age issue on its head, and there isn't a good answer to that potential Democratic argument.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 03:46:29 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
...and those 1/3 surveyed are nit wits.
Half of the people are below average intelligence. Of that group, this is only 60%, likely from the bottom of the intellectual barrel.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

I think Trump obviously is sharper mentally than Biden.  That being said, it makes it much harder to run on age if you're that old yourself.

The real risk here is a Democrat bait and switch.  Trump's supporters figure that Trump's high negatives and advanced age won't be an issue because of Biden, but then the Dems pull a switcheroo late in the process (Biden withdrawing prior to the Convention but after the primaries, for example), and then Trump's issues begin looming much larger.  Democrats can argue with some justification that "even if he seems okay now (insert Democratic chuckling here), you cannot trust his mental acuity  for the next 4 years."

That would flip the age issue on its head, and there isn't a good answer to that potential Democratic argument.

Ok, what about a year from now or two years.. He may be mentally sharper than Biden now, doesn't mean he will be down the road. 

I'm sorry, but I prefer people in their 40s, 50s, or 60s to be President.  Being President is a tough job and it strains the person big time.  It's not for someone who is 75+.

It's time for a max-age for all offices.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Ok, what about a year from now or two years.. He may be mentally sharper than Biden now, doesn't mean he will be down the road. 

I'm sorry, but I prefer people in their 40s, 50s, or 60s to be President.  Being President is a tough job and it strains the person big time.  It's not for someone who is 75+.

It's time for a max-age for all offices.

What would be your top limit?  It should factor in what their age would be after four years in office.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley