Author Topic: If DeSantis gets in, his first task will be stopping the polling slide  (Read 487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If DeSantis gets in, his first task will be stopping the polling slide
by Haisten Willis, White House Reporter
May 07, 2023 06:00 AM

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) has yet to enter the 2024 presidential contest, but polling indicates he'll have a tough task ahead should he choose to do so.

DeSantis has seen his support plummet in recent weeks amid an onslaught of criticism from former President Donald Trump, who is trying to declare the contest over and pivot toward the general election.

"I see that everybody is talking about the Republican Debates, but nobody got my approval, or the approval of the Trump Campaign, before announcing them," Trump wrote in a recent Truth Social post. "When you’re leading by seemingly insurmountable numbers, and you have hostile Networks with angry, TRUMP & MAGA-hating anchors asking the 'questions,' why subject yourself to being libeled and abused?"

Skipping debates is a common tactic for incumbents, who don't want to be seen on an equal footing with their challengers. President Joe Biden is trying the same thing against his token Democratic primary opponents.

However, DeSantis's backers and veteran political observers say it's far too early to count anyone out of the GOP primary, much less the second-ranked candidate before he even enters the race.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/desantis-stop-polling-slide
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

My bets are still on that he won't run.  As for the polls, it's way to early and they haven't been very accurate in the past several elections.

Right now I think he' busy getting FL as conservative as he can.  We're a safety net right now for many fleeing Blue states.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How does someone who's not yet running slide in the polls?
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

My bets are still on that he won't run.  As for the polls, it's way to early and they haven't been very accurate in the past several elections.

Right now I think he' busy getting FL as conservative as he can.  We're a safety net right now for many fleeing Blue states.

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

How does someone who's not yet running slide in the polls?

That is quite amazing isn't it?  The liberal owned MSM's handiwork.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That is quite amazing isn't it?  The liberal owned MSM's handiwork.
A most interesting occurrence that the liberal media and Trump and his supporters are in full attack mode of DeSantis :pondering:

Online roamer_1

I hope he don't throw his hat in till way late, if he is going to... When Tumpy runs out of sh*t to throw, that's when to step in... Because then he's bulletproof, and stayed above the fray...

Getting in now, in the midst of the monkey-sh*t storm, is exactly the wrong move.

Online libertybele

I hope he don't throw his hat in till way late, if he is going to... When Tumpy runs out of sh*t to throw, that's when to step in... Because then he's bulletproof, and stayed above the fray...

Getting in now, in the midst of the monkey-sh*t storm, is exactly the wrong move.

888high58888

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

A most interesting occurrence that the liberal media and Trump and his supporters are in full attack mode of DeSantis :pondering:

In essence the leftists are benefiting from Trump attacking DeSantis.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In essence the leftists are benefiting from Trump attacking DeSantis.
Oh, so partners in slime?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. DeSantis, like Scott Walker before him, may find it's one thing to be a successful governor, but something completely different to become a successful presidential candidate...