Author Topic: Execution Of Richard Glossip Halted By Supreme Court  (Read 234 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Execution Of Richard Glossip Halted By Supreme Court
« on: May 06, 2023, 06:48:03 pm »
Execution Of Richard Glossip Halted By Supreme Court

I am very grateful to the U.S. Supreme Court for their decision to grant a stay of execution. I will continue working to ensure justice prevails in this important case. pic.twitter.com/8wxoa3JVNA

— Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond (@Okla_OAG) May 5, 2023

Oklahoma Republican Attorney General Gentner Drummond had previously contended that the trial of Glossip was “unfair and unreliable,” however, an Oklahoma state panel voted against clemency for the inmate, and the execution was scheduled for May 18th.

Drummond filed a motion to the Supreme Court earlier this week asking for the execution to be halted, and the stay was granted on Friday afternoon. The justices halted the execution while they considered Glossip’s petitions for appeal, which challenge the conviction.

“After thorough and serious deliberation, I have concluded that I cannot stand behind the murder conviction and death sentence of Richard Glossip,” Drummond said. “This is not to say I believe he is innocent. However, it is critical that Oklahomans have absolute faith that the death penalty is administered fairly and with certainty.”

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Execution Of Richard Glossip Halted By Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 11:52:48 pm »
So, @Bigun, what do you know about the AG?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Execution Of Richard Glossip Halted By Supreme Court
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 12:11:23 am »
So, @Bigun, what do you know about the AG?

Not much @Cyber Liberty but it appears that he is on firm ground here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien