Author Topic: DEVELOPING: Two injured after dozens of shots fired at group of children and adults  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DEVELOPING: Two injured after dozens of shots fired at group of children and adults
by Scott LawrenceFri, May 5th 2023, 11:29 PM EDT

Beaumont — Breaking news Friday night in north Beaumont where police are investigating a drive-by shooting that injured two people in a crowd that included adults and small children playing, according to information Sgt. Thomas Swope provided to KFDM/Fox 4 News.

Officers located a scene that stretched from both Regent Street and Jirou Street with dozens of spent shell casings in the intersection and streets.

Investigators located one victim still on scene with a non-life threatening gunshot wound. Beaumont EMS arrived on scene and transported the victim to CHRISTUS St. Elizabeth Hospital. Another victim was transported to CHRISTUS St. Elizabeth Hospital by private auto. That victim sustained gunshot wounds to the leg area. Police tell us bullets struck a number of residences and vehicles in the area.

Police learned from information at the scene that shortly after 7 p.m. Friday, drivers of a white pickup truck, a white SUV and a white Chrysler 300 were travelling east on Regent. When the vehicles made it to the intersection of Jirou Street, a number of suspects from inside each vehicle leaned out of the windows and began to open fire on a large group of people in the 2800 block of Jirou Street, striking the two victims. The crowd included both adults and small children playing.

https://kfdm.com/news/local/developing-police-investigating-shooting-in-north-beaumont#
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They spent hours investigating but no description of the suspects?

Riiight. *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis