Author Topic: Jordan opens probe into US Marshals being told to avoid arresting protesters at Supreme Court justic  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JIM JORDAN Published May 4, 2023 12:06pm EDT
Jordan opens probe into US Marshals being told to avoid arresting protesters at Supreme Court justices' homes

Senate Judiciary Committee holds hearing on Supreme Court ethics
Fox News chief Washington correspondent Mike Emanuel has the latest on a Senate hearing on Supreme Court ethics and the case for reform on 'Special Report.'

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, is spearheading an investigation into why the U.S. Marshals Service was instructed to "avoid" arresting protesters camped outside a Supreme Court justices' private residence, "despite the actions clearly violating federal law."

In March, Sen. Katie Britt, R-Ala., presented the U.S. Marshals Service training protocol during a congressional hearing that revealed guards were told to refrain from arresting protesters at Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home after the leaked Dobbs decision sparked outrage from pro-abortion activists. During the hearing, Britt shared the protocol with Attorney General Merrick Garland, but he claimed to have never seen the slides before.

The Marshals parked outside Kavanaugh's home were reportedly told to "avoid, unless absolutely necessary, criminal enforcement action involving the protest or protesters, particularly on public space," prompting Jordan to launch a probe into the directives.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jordan-probe-us-marshals-avoid-arresting-protesters-supreme-court-justices-homes?dicbo=v2-0RhMBKV
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson