Author Topic: Dems Who Decried Border ‘Militarization’ Under Trump Silent As Biden Deploys Active-Duty Troops  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dems Who Decried Border ‘Militarization’ Under Trump Silent As Biden Deploys Active-Duty Troops

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
May 04, 2023

Most of the Democratic politicians who criticized former President Donald Trump for deploying troops to the southern border have been silent on the Biden administration’s decision to do the same.
There will be 1,500 military personnel sent to the southern border to help U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for 90 days, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

“The Biden administration’s militarization of the border is unacceptable. There is already a humanitarian crisis in the western hemisphere, and deploying military personnel only signals that migrants are a threat that require our nation’s troops to contain. Nothing could be further from the truth,” said Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, who is one of only two Democrats out of the 82 who were critical of the Trump administration at the time, to publicly criticize the Biden administration.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/04/dems-largely-silent-on-bidens-announcement-to-deploy-troops-to-the-border-after-slamming-trump-for-doing-the-same/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson