Author Topic: The Lesson Of Jordan Neely: Your Courage And Sacrifice Will Be Punished  (Read 841 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No Country For Brave Men
Peachy Keenan

This week, a brave Marine acted when no one else would to restrain a deranged homeless schizophrenic on a New York City F train who was, by all accounts, terrorizing people and shouting “I’ll hurt anyone on this train.”

“‘I don’t mind going to jail and getting life in prison,’ screamed the 30-year-old Jordan Neely, who had 44 arrests under his belt and an outstanding warrant for felony assault (he punched an old woman in the face), as he flailed around throwing items of his clothing. ‘I’m ready to die!’ In response, a 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran put Neely in a chokehold, incapacitating him and releasing him after he stopped struggling and passed out,” Inez Stepman wrote.

When Neely died at the hospital, all hell broke loose.

This is not the first time a courageous man minding his own business has put himself in danger to protect others. It’s happened many times, in fact. Toxic masculinity has saved more lives than penicillin.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/05/the-lesson-of-jordan-neely-your-courage-and-sacrifice-will-be-punished/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Be a good conservative and own a car, hopefully an older American one that pollutes a lot. Stay away from NYC mass transit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No good deed goes unpunished in this Bizarro World.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"a 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran put Neely in a chokehold, incapacitating him and releasing him after he stopped struggling and passed out,” Inez Stepman wrote.
When Neely died at the hospital..."

Wait a minute.
How could the veteran have "killed" him, when he "died" at the hospital...?

Folks, I admit to being simple-minded, but this doesn't make sense to me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
From the article:
"a 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran put Neely in a chokehold, incapacitating him and releasing him after he stopped struggling and passed out,” Inez Stepman wrote.

Wait a minute.

Great point. Makes me wonder what really went on at the hospital.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

It’s the same thing they did with Derek Chauvin

If the homeless guy had an underlying condition that was exacerbated by the stress of the chokehold, they’ll try to claim that it was the chokehold that killed him

But, like Derek Chauvin, how would you know that he would have any kind of underlying condition?

The best thing to do is avoid inner cities if you can. There is no fixing them
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 11:20:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
When the media were tripping over themselves covering AOC's remarks...then that idiot Al Sharpton spewing his nonsense, NOWHERE was it reported that the victim was arrested FORTY (40) times and had a warrant outstanding for hitting a 67 year old woman squarely in the face, fracturing her eye socket.

IMO, he was "this close" to throwing somebody in front of a train.

Far as I'm concerned, he "effed around and found out!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article:

Wait a minute.

@Fishrrman

Legally,you have killed someone if your actions later led directly to their deaths.

Note that this does NOT automatically mean you murdered them. It could be deemed to have been in self-defense or the defense of others.

IF "push comes to shove",that is for a jury to decide. I am not normally a fan of NYC juries,but chances are in this case it would be nearly impossible to seat a jury with none of the jurors having never been intimidated,threatened,or harmed by some loon in a subway car. After all,you are trapped and can't get out until the car stops.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When the media were tripping over themselves covering AOC's remarks...then that idiot Al Sharpton spewing his nonsense, NOWHERE was it reported that the victim was arrested FORTY (40) times and had a warrant outstanding for hitting a 67 year old woman squarely in the face, fracturing her eye socket.

IMO, he was "this close" to throwing somebody in front of a train.

Far as I'm concerned, he "effed around and found out!"

@DCPatriot

There IS,in fact,an existing video  of  him pushing a woman into the side of a stopped subway car. She didn't die or get  seriously injured merely because the car was stopped at the time,and she bounced off of it.

I just can't see ANY jury viewing that film footage and then finding the former Marine guilty.

I also don't see any possible defense lawyer not standing up in court and asking why the black man that helped him subdue the lunatic wasn't also charged.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

There IS,in fact,an existing video  of  him pushing a woman into the side of a stopped subway car. She didn't die or get  seriously injured merely because the car was stopped at the time,and she bounced off of it.

I just can't see ANY jury viewing that film footage and then finding the former Marine guilty.

I also don't see any possible defense lawyer not standing up in court and asking why the black man that helped him subdue the lunatic wasn't also charged.

It is a shame that somebody on the train didn't suggest loosening the grip around his neck a bit while others...as you point out, held the man's wrists.

We could call it the "Fog of War".    :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is a shame that somebody on the train didn't suggest loosening the grip around his neck a bit while others...as you point out, held the man's wrists.

We could call it the "Fog of War".    :shrug:

@DCPatriot

I dunno.

Seems to me that in most big cities the predominate attitude is "I don't want to get involved",so most people will just sit there and look away while pretending that nothing is happening. Even if it puts their OWN lives at risk.

I honestly  don't "get it",but I wasn't raised in a big city with big city "values".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
From the article:

Wait a minute.

Generally, that means he lost consciousness at the scene, had CPR performed on him on the way to the hospital, and was declared officially dead at the hospital because he never regained consciousness.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@DCPatriot

That's not likely to come into evidence, nor is his arrest record, for the simple reason that the Marine wasn't aware of any of that at the time he took action.  So, the actions of the Marine are going to be justified, or not justified, based solely on what was seen and observed at this particular incident.

I think there's a good chance he gets convicted of something unless there is some evidence that the guy presented an imminent threat to life or limb, rather than just being as annoying and weird as hell.  So if he was striking people, or doing something that clearly presented an immediate risk so that he had to be subdued, that would be enough.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article:

Wait a minute.

@Fishrrman

Same as being shot and dying at the hospital a week later,being ran over by a car and dying a week later,etc,etc,etc.

The timing of your death is unimportant. What is important is the CAUSE of your death and the circumstances that led to you dying.