Author Topic: Biden’s Offshore Wind Fantasy Facing New Headwinds As Massive Turbines Break Down  (Read 303 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON MAY 4, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden’s Offshore Wind Fantasy Facing New Headwinds As Massive Turbines Break Down

Offshore wind turbines — a key component of President Joe Biden’s push for more renewable energy — are facing significant hurdles in both maintenance and construction as the industry continues to grow their size, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

These massive turbines, the next generation of which are expected to be more than 900 feet tall and generate 15 megawatts (MW) of electricity — enough to power a small town — suffer from a far greater rate of component failure than their smaller counterparts, the WSJ reported, citing data from renewable energy insurer GCube. [emphasis, links added]

While smaller turbines on the scale of 4 to 8 megawatts tend to have failures after five years in service, larger turbines typically see failures after just one year.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/bidens-offshore-wind-fantasy-facing-new-headwinds-as-massive-turbines-break-down/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wonder what all that salt spray ocean mist does to the innards of the generators -- electrical components and moving parts...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden's only fantasies involve children.

The rest of this stuff he does for political favors and cash donations to offshore accounts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!