Author Topic: ‘Volcano of Fire’ erupts in Central America  (Read 303 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Volcano of Fire’ erupts in Central America
« on: May 05, 2023, 02:07:38 pm »
‘Volcano of Fire’ erupts in Central America

By Andrew Wulfeck, FOX Weather
May 5, 2023

A volcano less than 30 miles outside of Guatemala City is once again erupting, sending ash, gas and rocks down the mountainside, the country’s National Disaster Reduction Commission reports.

According to data from Global Volcanism Program, the latest eruption cycle of the Fuego Volcano began in 2002, but the recent event is the most significant in several years.

The stratovolcano is less than 30 miles from the country’s capital city and has been sending thick, billowing ash clouds thousands of miles in the sky.

On the volcanic mountain, authorities say they have been closely monitoring pyroclastic flows, which contain gases, ashes and other volcanic material.

Due to the threat of impact from these downslope flows, several small villages have been evacuated for what the government said were “preventative” actions.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/05/volcano-of-fire-erupts-in-central-america/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: ‘Volcano of Fire’ erupts in Central America
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 03:10:44 pm »
 ////00000////

"National Disaster Reduction Commission" ... name doesn't make sense ... natural disasters happen when Nature exerts more power than Man ... are they going to put a cork in that volcano?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: ‘Volcano of Fire’ erupts in Central America
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 11:40:09 pm »
The stratovolcano is less than 30 miles from the country’s capital city and has been sending thick, billowing ash clouds thousands of miles in the sky.

Mr. Weather guy needs an editor....